Help: Looking up Saber's stats and growth rates

Topaz Light

I was wondering how I might go about checking if the unused character, Saber, has any defined unit information; class, stats, growth rates, starting inventory, etc.

I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about FE1's data structure, and it's possible that unit data is handled such that none exists for him, but I'm still curious if it would be possible to do this.

Does anybody know anything that might be of use?

Edited by Topaz Light

I went into FE1 and modified a character to use his character number. The game didn't crash, but he doesn't appear to have his own growths. When he levels, he takes his growths from Elice and Gotoh, who also just copy each others growths for some reason. I think that they're the default growths to fall back on in case of emergencies. I haven't found any detailed unit info, but I can't seem to find the used enemy info, let alone looking for weird unused people.

Also, his name isn't translated in the translation patch, but that's to be expected.

Oh, huh. That's not entirely unexpected, honestly. Thanks, though!

Not really sure why the "default" growths are Elice's, of all people's. I guess maybe they're listed first internally or something? I have zero knowledge FE1's code structure, honestly.

I do know that Saber has the same ending text as Wendell, but there are a few repeated ending blurbs among the used characters, as I recall, so it's hard to tell what significance that holds.

Edited by Topaz Light