Fire Emblem: Draconic Unity -Hacker NOT Needed-

Hoshido Noble Red

Heyo. Me and a group of others are embarking on a hack project we're (at least temporarily) calling Draconic Unity. This hack is intended to feel like your usual GBA fire emblem shenanigans, but with some unusual additions such as new classes, animations, and a strange godly theme to it.

We have people working on music, sprites, battle sprites, everything of that sort. The one thing we're missing, is someone with the ability to put it all into place.

Basically we need someone with knowledge of event hacking, and the normal type of hacking that puts it into place.

Whether or not these qualities are help by one or more people doesn't really matter.

Why should you help us?

Well that's not for me to decide. We're not offering money, or anything special like that. I mean, you'll be credited for your work entirely, as well as potentially a character based off of you- but other than that there's really nothing.

If you're willing to help us with these basic things- We'd really appreciate it.

-The Draconic Unity Team.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's the idea of this hack. It takes place on the continent of Garyx, a land that was once ravaged by war between the humans and the Dragons. But just as the humans were pushed to the brink of extinction, the gods descended onto the land, blessing the humans with 6 sacred weapons that had the power to defeat these dragons. With the Dragons forced into defeat, the gods took these legendary weapons and sealed each of them away with a dragon in 6 different spots. These then spread to different parts of the continent and founded the 5 major countries.

Agni, the goddess of Fire established the monarchy of Bolganova around a volcano in the western plains- along with the legendary sword- which the humans who followed her set up 5 estates before her return to the heavens. Aeolus, the god of wind, traveled to the north-western mountains- establishing the small, isolated monarchy of Excalbria. In the treacherous desert of the south, Chaac - the god of storms- created an oasis where the humans created the democratic sultanate of Thoron. In the large, snowy fields to the northeast, the goddess of light Belisama established a religious theocracy for the humans that followed her called Luminois before, reluctantly, returning to the Heavens. The dark twins, Erebos and Artemis, decided to travel to the dark forest of Shadonia that covered from the center of the continent east, blessing the land with extreme fertility and dark atmosphere. Those who were eventually kicked out of Luminois for not believing in a theocracy, moved south to this forest where they followed the teachings of the hunter and the gatherer.

Thousands of years after the war against the dragons, Garyx is thrown into chaos as Luminois, the long held theocracy of the continent, decided it was time to purge the land of all heathens who no longer lived solely for their gods. Little do the citizens of this world know the dark shadow that works behind their backs- plotting the destruction of the world.

Edited by Hoshido Noble Red

I'd suggest having something to show people to get them interested in helping (some mugs, maps, plot outline, etc).

I'd also suggest (whether someone volunteers to do this or not, I don't know what your chances are of finding someone with the hacking knowledge who isn't already working on something) having some people in your group take a peek at the Ultimate Tutorial for a hacking primer, and Arch's guide to chapter construction if you're looking at FE7 hacking specifically. If you want to do it in FE8 I'd say read those things and then also read my WIP eventing wiki for FE8 which has a lot of the stuff needed to write events in FE8 but also needs to be filled out more eventually.

Mk, thanks for the advice. Honestly it's not like any of us don't want to hack it ourselves, but we don't really have the time to learn all the needed aspects. Either because of life or because we're already dedicated to a certain aspect of the hack. For example, I'm in charge of all animations as well as the over all plot and the like. But as soon as I can I'll add some things we've worked on to the original post.

-Redanato

While I can't say for certain if we are setting these up properly, as I know very little about the hacking part of the process, I can promise to do everything in my power to ensure that everything is formatted properly for the hacker to the best of my ability and knowledge. If something is wrong, all they have to do is tell me and I will personally fix it. They won't have to fix anything they don't want to, should something be wrong.

-Redanato

Definitely look through the ultimate tutorial, then, as it'll outline some key restrictions to keep in mind. A pretty general thing to keep in mind is that most images will need to be 15+transparency colors, such as items and portraits. The ultimate tutorial does a good job at giving some cursory info about them, and any other questions about formatting should probably be asked here. The more you do correctly the first time, or understand before you begin, the smoother things will go.

I suggest making a thread in which one of your already invested team members gets taught by the community to be the hacker you need.

The chances of finding a hacker doing the repetitive coding for insertion of different datatypes seems unlikely unless they're invested in the project as much as you guys are.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The only problem with that Rei, is noone on our team has an real time to learn- save a person who's never even played a gba game (they're there for story ideas).

Otherwise we would've just done that.

Doesn't the plot sound a wee bit too similar to FE7's? As well as every other FE game because the Luminois are basically another evil cult.

I mean, yeah? This IS just the background plot and it doesn't include some things that make it a variant from FE, but there's only so much variance I can have without it being like any other. And Luminois isn't really acting like a cult, it's acting as a country. And we're trying to make a hack that is fire emblem, there's very little we could do with the main enemy that isn't jus going to said as "that's just like [x] fire emblem".

I haven't really hacked much before, but I guess I could give it a try? lmk.

If you're confident and comfortable enough doing it and decide you want to, pm me telling me which hacking job you want. ^.^

Lyingdoesnotbecomeagoodpersonholyjeebusstopthismadness

Since you quoted them, I'm assuming that was directed at them- but please refrain from such random outburst without explaining what you are referring to/mean. Edited by Hoshido Noble Red

Honestly you're better off having someone bite the bullet and learn how to do the hacking parts and not just saying "nobody has the time to dedicate to learning how to do it", you do have the time. I'm an engineering student and I had the time to learn how to do eventing, it sounds like you're just making an excuse to not learn how to do it.

A lot of projects have one person doing multiple things (Ghast does a lot of stuff for Bloodlines, for example). Because like I said, most people with hacking knowledge are already working on their own stuff and don't have the time to dedicate to some other project they might not be motivated to work on.

Once you learn the basics, eventing takes very little time, and the questions subforum can help you when you get stuck.

well, "we don't have time to learn" to me sounds like "we don't have time for our own project", which is fine

the natural response, though, tends to be "well, if you can't make time, why would i have time"