Redanato's Sprite of Threads

Hoshido Noble Red

I have renamed this thread to better suit what I need from it/what it is used for.

Welcome to my Sprite of Threads, before I get a thousand comments on the name I KNOW IT'S WRONG. I just like the joke XD. I used to call all thread of sprites this. Not sure why.

First of is Red, to be used in my FE hack Draconic Unity with the following description "Kayla's recently recruited retainer. King, honest, and loyal." Though not mentioned, he is intended to be of the Lucius archetype- so he was intended to look feminine (and I used Lucius' face for it.)

post-11814-0-66640900-1475028199.png

Next is Zev. Zev is the OTHER retainer to Kayla (who you shouldn't of seen yet), and has a description as follows. "A Wyvern rider from Solara serving as Kayla's retainer. Knowledgeable, but inexperienced." He is of the Red Knight archetype, but serves as a flier unit- rather than a cavalier.

post-11814-0-47497500-1475111871.png

And finally is Naella. She is a fire-dragon Manakete, who's description isn't really confirmed yet. She is my newest sprite- so she probably will have the most critiques XD

post-11814-0-11012700-1475111965.png

Any and all critiques are appreciated, and I'm looking forward to making more mugs (and some battle sprites) in the future.

New one, this is Kayla who I'm not really going to describe too much, but she is intended to be a bow lord.

post-11814-0-06180000-1475201011.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animations/Battle Sprites

Here is where all my battle sprites and animations are. If any of them are obvious recolors of a preexisting one- then I obviously don't own the original sprite (unless it actually is a custom one I made, lol). If I borrow anyone's custom sprite, I will do my best to make sure I can cite them. If I fail to or cite them wrong, kindly let me know and I will fix it.

Red (Sword) - Recruit (Base)

post-11814-0-64958400-1475204799.png

The (partially) custom animation for Red's recruit class. Since this 'Recruit' class is horse back and uses swords, I decided to base it off of the Cavalier class. The sword is Eirika's recolored. If I happened to use too many colors, please let me know as I lack the program needed (and/or the knowledge to use one I have to find it) to find out- though I try to make sure to the best of my ability to not use too many.

Edited by Hoshido Noble Red

Headband on Naella has pillow-shading and the black outline contrasts with the skin too harshly

You forgot to remove some of Karel's face from Zev

Red's jaw is too aliased (please look that term up it will save your ass in pixeling so many times)

Part of Zev's jawline needs to be erased (I can show you if necessary)

I suppose the splices are pretty clean, though, all in all.

I'd recommend, instead of copypasting the parts on, to put them side by side and attempt to copy them onto whatever base you want to use manually, because that'll teach you a lot about how it's done. Only if you've got a ton of spare time, though.

Headband on Naella has pillow-shading and the black outline contrasts with the skin too harshly

You forgot to remove some of Karel's face from Zev

Red's jaw is too aliased (please look that term up it will save your ass in pixeling so many times)

Part of Zev's jawline needs to be erased (I can show you if necessary)

I suppose the splices are pretty clean, though, all in all.

I'd recommend, instead of copypasting the parts on, to put them side by side and attempt to copy them onto whatever base you want to use manually, because that'll teach you a lot about how it's done. Only if you've got a ton of spare time, though.

I see... thank you for the advice. I'll look up these things, update the sprites, and update this post with my responses to that.

- On Zev I believe I see where you mean, I can see the yellowish parts even zoomed out.

- On Naella I honestly couldn't find a good headbamd that looked tribal enough, as most were either crowns in the wrong shape, or fighter bands. So I made that filler one. he pillow shading is a result of lack of knowledge actually xD.

- On Red, haven't really looked it up yet. I'll get back to that one.

I recommend that you just add the mugs in a new post, so we can see when they were made. It's also easier to include them in a reply if you do that.

True. I'll look into doing that from now on, but I still want to have it organized on the original post too.

Use spoilers and label them with the date each time you update in addition to a new post. Makes it easier for everyone.

Er... I would but I actually don't know how, any chance you can link me to where I can find out/ tell me?

Er... I would but I actually don't know how, any chance you can link me to where I can find out/ tell me?

Date Label[spoiler]predescribe sprite
[img=url to image]
postdescribe sprite

repeat structure as necessary[/spoiler]
Edited by Bedimal Eliwan

Date Label[spoiler]predescribe sprite[img=url to image]postdescribe spriterepeat structure as necessary[/spoiler]
Date Label

predescribed sprite test

K got the hang of it, thx.