2nd Playthrough, Difficulty and Mode?

Aqo

If you felt your first playthrough was very easy, you might want to go up to hard classic. But when I was a newb starting out with Awakening I did it like this: normal/casual -> normal/classic -> hard/casual -> hard/classic. I say test the waters; if it still seems like it's easy, go up a difficulty or switch to classic if you haven't already. Playing casual is very different from playing classic, so that's why I kind of treat it like an extra difficulty. But if you like being challenged from a tactical standpoint, then classic is the way to go.

I don't think Revelations is that bad, Karnage. Anyway, it depends on how confident you're feeling. Starting from Birthright to Conquest to Revelations, I would go either Normal/Classic to Normal/Classic to Hard/Classic or Hard/Classic to Hard/Classic to Lunatic/Classic. Remember both that Conquest is about one difficulty harder than the other paths (i.e., Conquest Hard is about as hard as Birthright/Revelation Lunatic) and that you can lower the difficulty whenever you want.

Edited by onvars

I would recommend trying Hard Casual or Classic on Birthright, Normal Classic or Hard Casual on Conquest, and I guess Hard Casual for Revelations? I know significantly less about Revelations so take that with a grain of salt.

My reasoning for these suggestions is that Birthright is generally more forgiving than Conquest and you have experience with it, so you should definitely be able to manage hard. Conquest is a little more iffy but I think you could easily handle Hard Casual. I didn't put any actual thought into my suggestion for Revelations so actually ignore that

Honestly though do whatever's fun for you.

I personaly don't like classic, so i skipped to lunatic/casual for my second birthright playthrough. (although i had a variety of buyable skills from my conquest and revalation runs, and i did grind starting at around chapter 23, when the dificulty picks up.) Generaly, conquest is around as hard as birthright would be one dificulty harder, so i recomend that you start conquest with normal!casual unless you had an easy time with lunatic in birthright. Revelation tends be somewhere between the two, but the plot is best experienced after both conquest and birthright. Many people dislike revelation due to an over-relience on map gimicks, although that is not enough to make me dislike it.

Generally, Classic and Casual are a different ballpark on each step of difficulty.

Birthright Normal Classic can still throw you curveballs that may cause you to lose a unit. If you wish to go up in difficulty, I suggest doing Classic mode of the difficulty you did.

However, if you don't wish to have the pressure but still want a harder climb, go up to Hard/Casual.

Edited by shadowofchaos