Ninja Birthright! (Hard/Casual) - in progress

BANRYU

Will you allow skills from other classes? If so. . .man, do I have ~ideas~!

Lay'em on me! Ideally I want to make everyone's reclassing paths as efficient as possible (Silas is a great example, since Cavalier tree skills are amazing on ninjas-- he can just go to level 5-15 as GK depending on if I want Armored Blow or not then switch to ninja and be golden. Only one master seal and one other seal needed). HOWEVERRR-- if there are some fun/crazy options open to me, I'm down to burn a few extra seals haha.

Edited by BANRYU

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random aside: it occurred to me that (hopefully) Flame Shurikens may not be QUITE as hotly (HAHA) contested as I was anticipating, since a Levin Sword, Leo Iceblade, and Shining Bow are available in the Battle Rewards... If Asugi packs the magic swords and Sakura gets the bow, that just leaves Felicia and Selkie (and maybe Kana, I suppose) to allocate any magic shurikens to... So that's something.

Edited by BANRYU

You poor soul. :P:

- Kiragi, Asugi, and Hisame really want Replicate. Shigure does to a slightly lesser extent, because his main focus will be some healing.

- For Kiragi, you can turn him into a player-phase ninja with Certain Blow and Quick Draw. Best way to do this is either have Takumi/Setsuna pass one each, or have him Child Seal into a Sniper and hit level 6. He'll do fine as a Mechanist!

- Asugi can do some random magical build with Miracle (have Sakura pass this down). There isn't much to say about him IMO.

- Hisame. . .oh man, he's fun~! He can get Swordfaire via Swordmaster/daddy, Rend Heaven from mom, and abuse his replica to jack his Skill so that Rend Heaven's proc rate becomes outright scary. If you REALLY want to make this insane, have Oboro pass on whatever merchant skill makes consumed items more potent, so Skill Tonics give +3 instead of +2.

- Shigure can grab Rally Speed and Rally Resistance, should you go the support route. His reclassing will be a huge mess, since it's something like Sky Knight into Falcoknight (preferably get Rally Speed via Child Seal), reclass into Strategist for three levels, then reclass into ninja until he hits 13, then reclass into Kinshi Knight for Amaterasu (this one's optional). Regardless, if he's support, he doesn't care about weapon levels. Just give him a Pebble or something.

- Assuming Kaden marries Orochi, Selkie will want the odd-numbered skills, Magic +2, and Shurikenfare, so she can shank things with a magical weapon.

- Midori, Midori. . .have her dad pass down something like Duelist's Blow so she doesn't die in one hit. Have mom pass something like Seal Defense, and use Midori as a sniper of sorts (have her target tanky things, ignoring the fact that her damage will forever be suspect). Poison Strike works decently well with her, due to her not-amazing Strength.

- Shiro does not care about weapon levels if he has Seal Defense, Seal Speed, and Seal Strength. If you want a more passive Shiro, have Azura pass down Voice of Peace. Otherwise, have her pass Darting Blow.

- Dwyer's personal is pretty useless. However, Aptitude should make him grow fairly well, and Jakob can pass down something like Luna for a proc. If Mozu's his mom, pass down one of Quick Draw or Certain Blow, since he can get the villager skills himself.

- Rhajat's got really questionable skill, so the best thing she can do IMO is marry Shiro, pick up Seal Defense/Speed, grab Seal Resistance from her class tree, and just swing at whatever with a Bronze Shuriken or Pebble. It won't matter if she misses. Or, you can attempt Selkie's magical build, with less Kitsune skills and more seal skills?

- Mitama's gonna hit like a truck. Have Kagero pass Rend Heaven, and go to town. A forged Bronze Shuriken (and then Iron Shuriken) should do the trick.

- Felicia's grand contribution to Kana will most likely be Sol.

First generation:

- Fujin Yumi + Mechanist = amazing, so I don't think you need me to tell you how to deal with Takumi. :P:

- Setsuna works better as Takumi's support IMO.

- Not much to say about Felicia, since the only skill I really like out of her is Demoiselle (Sol is nice, but not with a magical weapon).

- Rinkah's a weirdly tanky ninja, and Hayato can do something like Basara to jack her Luck.

- If Azama can pick up Renewal, he should be set. If you want maximum facepalm, have him go Merchant and grab the bullion skills. If you don't want to deal with those weapon levels, have Kagero pick up Rend Heaven anyway.

- Saizo is Saizo, and Sakura wants Replicate so that she can use her personal skill.

- Kaze's probably better off in front, and Hinoka can support him because her weapon levels are gonna suck.

- No clue how to use Reina, because she's a permanent bench warmer for me.

- Shura's lucky enough to get Nohr classes, so he has Sol/Gamble/Lucky 7 in his arsenal.

- I'll leave Corrin up to you. :P:

Hope this helps~!

Edited by eggclipse

You poor soul. :P:;P

- Kiragi, Asugi, and Hisame really want Replicate. Shigure does to a slightly lesser extent, because his main focus will be some healing.

Hmm. I guess the plan for Shigure is to go Kinshi, train bows AMAP until Amaterasu then switch to Mechanist? Sounds legit, I'm down

- For Kiragi, you can turn him into a player-phase ninja with Certain Blow and Quick Draw. Best way to do this is either have Takumi/Setsuna pass one each, or have him Child Seal into a Sniper and hit level 6. He'll do fine as a Mechanist! Was planning on it! :D Level 5+ child seal is the goal. Might have him stick in Sniper longer for bowfaire or have Takumi pass it as well.

- Hisame. . .oh man, he's fun~! He can get Swordfaire via Swordmaster/daddy, Rend Heaven from mom, and abuse his replica to jack his Skill so that Rend Heaven's proc rate becomes outright scary. If you REALLY want to make this insane, have Oboro pass on whatever merchant skill makes consumed items more potent, so Skill Tonics give +3 instead of +2. Only problem I have here is that I most likely won't be using Oboro much, if at all; as much as it pains me to do this bc I love Oboro she's basically only here for her uterus. If she's not level 5 Basara by the time she S-ranks with Hinata, Hisame is very likely going to be getting Seal Def instead, which is significantly less fun unfortunately. Dx If I think I can spare it I may try to stick it out, since it sounds like RH is pretty instrumental in this build and Astra or something won't easily replace it. My worry is that if I send him through Mechanist for Replicate he'll have a hard time dealing with E weapon levels, but maybe if I grab him early enough he can start training shurikens early, IDK we'll see. Probably gonna have to cut corners somewhere

- Shigure can grab Rally Speed and Rally Resistance, should you go the support route. His reclassing will be a huge mess, since it's something like Sky Knight into Falcoknight (preferably get Rally Speed via Child Seal), reclass into Strategist for three levels, then reclass into ninja until he hits 13, then reclass into Kinshi Knight for Amaterasu (this one's optional). Regardless, if he's support, he doesn't care about weapon levels. Just give him a Pebble or something. Too many seals (this is no-grind, or as little grind as possible, remember) for someone who's little more than a rallybot IMO. Missing rallies is unfortunate, but Replicate + Amaterasu abuse seems somewhat viable so I'll probably go with the more efficient path I mentioned above...

- Assuming Kaden marries Orochi, Selkie will want the odd-numbered skills, Magic +2, and Shurikenfare, so she can shank things with a magical weapon.

Mag+2 is an easy pass from Orochi, love it.

- Midori, Midori... have her dad pass down something like Duelist's Blow so she doesn't die in one hit. Have mom pass something like Seal Defense, and use Midori as a sniper of sorts (have her target tanky things, ignoring the fact that her damage will forever be suspect). Poison Strike works decently well with her, due to her not-amazing Strength. Should be doable. Darting Blow also seems like a decent skill for her to inherit IMO since in my experience she's not that fast (though this was Mozu!Midori, who's actually decently powerful in terms of Str and Skl... shrug)

- Shiro does not care about weapon levels if he has Seal Defense, Seal Speed, and Seal Strength. If you want a more passive Shiro, have Azura pass down Voice of Peace. Otherwise, have her pass Darting Blow. Ooh. That sounds good, actually. Was a lil worried about Shiro but sounds solid. Raider Knife + Darting Blow, lol. Not sure if I want to send Ryoma into Arms Master for passing

- Dwyer's personal is pretty useless. However, Aptitude should make him grow fairly well, and Jakob can pass down something like Luna for a proc. If Mozu's his mom, pass down one of Quick Draw or Certain Blow, since he can get the villager skills himself. Again, people who aren't ninjas likely aren't getting used much, so sadly Jakob will have shit-all to pass down in all likelihood... Your last mom suggestion for Dwyer was Hana so I'm kinda leaning toward her rn, she makes him a little squishier but maybe Duelist Blow will help with that IDK.

- Rhajat's got really questionable skill, so the best thing she can do IMO is marry Shiro, pick up Seal Defense/Speed, grab Seal Resistance from her class tree, and just swing at whatever with a Bronze Shuriken or Pebble. It won't matter if she misses. Or, you can attempt Selkie's magical build, with less Kitsune skills and more seal skills? Hmm. Maybe. I'll try to work something out that uses a relatively low amount of class-related seals. TBH I think it's gonna be pretty hard to make her worth it but I'll try.

- Mitama's gonna hit like a truck. Have Kagero pass Rend Heaven, and go to town. A forged Bronze Shuriken (and then Iron Shuriken) should do the trick. It'll be a pain cuz weapon ranks but ohhh so worth it if I manage to. I will try lol.

First generation:

- Fujin Yumi + Mechanist = amazing, so I don't think you need me to tell you how to deal with Takumi. :P:Nope ;3
- Setsuna works better as Takumi's support IMO. Noted. Not like I can do much different with her anyway lol
- Not much to say about Felicia, since the only skill I really like out of her is Demoiselle (Sol is nice, but not with a magical weapon).
- Rinkah's a weirdly tanky ninja, and Hayato can do something like Basara to jack her Luck. If Rinkah gets used she'll probably be paired up with Rhajat, since non-ninjas don't get used for longer than it takes for them to spawn a kid lol. Goddess Statues tho, so she should be ok.

- If Azama can pick up Renewal, he should be set. If you want maximum facepalm, have him go Merchant and grab the bullion skills. If you don't want to deal with those weapon levels, have Kagero pick up Rend Heaven anyway. My thought was seal him into either Ninja or Apothecary ASAP (apothecary comes sooner IIRC) since Mechanist can use either weapon level. I'd love Renewal, but prefer to spend less time and money grabbing skills for 1st genners, so the Merchant route sounds cool haha.

- Saizo is Saizo, and Sakura wants Replicate so that she can use her personal skill. If she's used she'll be a Mechanist, so sounds good~
- Kaze's probably better off in front, and Hinoka can support him because her weapon levels are gonna suck. Knowing me I'll probably be stubborn and bullheaded about it and try to force her weapon level up ASAP & AMAP. Most likely tho, haha.

- I'll leave Corrin up to you. :P:-head in hands- I have no idea what to do... hahaha... I'll figure something out tho...

Hope this helps~!

Comments in green! Much obliged!

^If he's going into other classes, I'd honestly have Felicia get Inspiration and pass that down to Kana over Sol.

Felicia doesn't want to go into any classes aside from Ninja and Maid so it's unlikely, although definitely an appealing option. Sadly Demoiselle IS probably gonna be the skill she passes, as unenthused as I am about that.

Edited by BANRYU

Felicia doesn't want to go into any classes aside from Ninja and Maid so it's unlikely, although definitely an appealing option. Sadly Demoiselle IS probably gonna be the skill she passes, as unenthused as I am about that.

I see. I largely thought of that because tbf, I think Sol isn't exactly fantastic, especially on a class that ain't exactly known for its offence.

Problem with this, I suppose, is the sheer amount of Heart Seals needed, and not provided. If Hisame can't get Replicate, it's fine. It's hilarious if he does, though, because of how his personal skill works!

I see. I largely thought of that because tbf, I think Sol isn't exactly fantastic, especially on a class that ain't exactly known for its offence.

Oh yeah I definitely agree, Sol ain't gonna be doing too many favors for ninjas haha.

Problem with this, I suppose, is the sheer amount of Heart Seals needed, and not provided. If Hisame can't get Replicate, it's fine. It's hilarious if he does, though, because of how his personal skill works!

Yeah... I mean at least Birthright provides a lot more money even if you don't grind for it (IIRC), so getting the ones needed shouldn't be too much of a struggle. I was able to get all the ones needed for Wyvern Conquest, and most of my 15+ units spent time in at least one other class than their base before going wyvern haha.

So the deal with Hisame's Calm + Replicate is that, I'm guessing, you can have the replica wait and Hisame actively gets the boost before his action that turn? Does it stay until the end of the battle or just last that turn? Either way I think I see what you mean haha. I can give it a shot, but don't have a lot of faith that it'll work out well, ehehe... I'll play it by ear though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay SO, one other question I have right now is how to spend the DLC skills I'll be getting, something I haven't thought about that much. I'll probably do what I did last time, which is Lodestar -> Corrin, Greatlord -> Kana and Witch -> Azura, unless y'all have any specific suggestions for other units who specifically want these skills. Since ninjas are so fast I don't think anyone will be particularly wanting for Dancing Blade/Speedtaker, so I guess it's mainly Charm and Dual Guard that Corrin (or whoever) will get...?

EDIT: Okay so been trying to figure out what to do with MU... Based on a few runs of experience, Corrin doesn't really need any procs after Dragon Fang ('cept maybe Rend Heaven), so I'm not gonna go too far out of my way in that regard... Draconic Hex might be nice to go with Shuriken debuffs, but I wonder if Corrin should instead focus on raw damage output... So here are a couple of prospective paths/builds for him to go:

Build 1: Dragon Fang, Elbow Room, Dual Guard, Shurikenfaire, Replicate

- Prince > (asap) Ninja Lv20 > Lodestar (Lv25) > Paladin (Lv6-13) > Mechanist Lv15 > Master Ninja

Build 2: Dragon Fang, Charm, Draconic Hex, Shurikenfaire, Replicate

- Prince > Ninja Lv20 > Lodestar Lv21 > Nohr Noble Lv5-13 > Mechanist Lv15 > Master Ninja

Both use a lot of seals, but it's Corn so hopefully worth it.

Gonna start adding the kids into the OP with inheritance/class/skill plans and whatnot.

Edited by BANRYU

Any of the kids with a Wait skill can have the replica Wait, and gain the benefits from it. It makes Hisame hilarious, Kiragi even more insane, and Asugi a bit tankier. Don't know what happens if both of them Wait, as I like to kill things long before then.

Corrin should probably focus on killing things, since I'd leave the straight debuffing to those that don't deal damage well, or those that don't have the weapon levels to do otherwise. Dragon Fang is the only proc he'll need. You won't be able to get Dragonic Hex unless you buy it, because Corrin can only go Hoshido Noble in Birthright. For skills, I'd do something like Dragon Fang/Shurikenfaire/Replicate/Luna or Rend Heaven/Hoshidan Unity (pretty sure this is the one that increases skill activation). Dual procs with a higher chance of hitting them is hilarious.

Any of the kids with a Wait skill can have the replica Wait, and gain the benefits from it. It makes Hisame hilarious, Kiragi even more insane, and Asugi a bit tankier. Don't know what happens if both of them Wait, as I like to kill things long before then.

Corrin should probably focus on killing things, since I'd leave the straight debuffing to those that don't deal damage well, or those that don't have the weapon levels to do otherwise. Dragon Fang is the only proc he'll need. You won't be able to get Dragonic Hex unless you buy it, because Corrin can only go Hoshido Noble in Birthright. For skills, I'd do something like Dragon Fang/Shurikenfaire/Replicate/Luna or Rend Heaven/Hoshidan Unity (pretty sure this is the one that increases skill activation). Dual procs with a higher chance of hitting them is hilarious.

Hah, cool.

DERP, right, Corrin gets Draco Ward in BR... I've been playing too much conquest haha;; But yeah, I'm leaning toward the more offensive build myself. Can A-rank Silas for Cavalier then dip into it for Elbow Room is what I was thinking. Thought about Luna; figured it wouldn't matter as much as Dfang but then again this IS ninjas we're talking here. Hoshidan Unity sounds good I probably will do that. I was thinking Lodestar just for the sake of not needing a Master Seal + a Heart Seal, and if no one else really needs the skills then I might do that anyway.

Working on solidifying the kids' skill builds right now, will update the OP and then the thread with them sometime today hopefully.

Aight here's the updated information from the OP about class paths / skill builds and such. Lemme get any thoughts/concerns on stuff that should maybe be fixed or changed in there.

[spoiler=Unit Planning Breakdown]

Masato (m/f) Str+ / Mag-

- Class Path: Nohr Prince(ss) Lv10 > Ninja Lv20 > Lodestar Lv 23 > Great Knight Lv4-6 > Mechanist / Hoshido Noble Lv15 > Master Ninja (Swords + Shuriken)

- Skills: Dragon Fang, Elbow Room / Luna, Shurikenfaire, Duplicate, Dual Guard / Hoshidan Unity

- Gonna try to buy either HoshiUnity or Duplicate to same time on swapping around with classes, though another Heart Seal might cost as much lol.

Felicia

- Class Path: Maid Lv15 > Master Ninja

- Skills: Demoiselle, Tomebreaker, Poison Strike, Lethality, Shurikenfaire

- marries MU for ninja tree, good pair with him for her skill.

Felicia ! Kana

- Class Path: Princess (offspring) > Hoshido Noble Lv1-15 > (Mechanist >) Master Ninja

- Inheritance: Hoshidan Unity / Replicate (MU), Demoiselle / Tomebreaker (Felicia)

- Skills: Dragon Fang, Luna / Aether, Replicate, Awakening, Hoshidan Unity

- Awakening + Hoshidan Unity for proc abuse. awwww yea. Getting her mid-lategame will hopefully give her some Sword levels via offspring seal, after which her cool procs should be able to let her grind shuriken levels in Mechanist if I haven't passed her Replicate.

Kaze

- Class Path: Ninja Lv10 > Samurai Lv20 >> Swordmaster Lv 5-15 > Master Ninja (Swords + Shuriken)

- Skill Set: Duelist's Blow, Astra, Poison Strike / Swordfaire, Shurikenfaire, Lethality

- Still not quite sure about giving up LaD on him... but this should do fine.

Rinkah

- Class Path: Oni ASAP > Ninja Lv20 >> Mechanist (Lv15) > Master Ninja (Shuriken)

- Skill Set: Seal Res, Poison Strike, Replicate, Lethality, Shurikenfaire

- gonna be mainly paired with Rhajat since her hubby can't get ninja. Oddly enough, might be the best candidate to use the Chakram since she'll be focusing on purely shuriken for the longest.

Sakura

- Class Path: Shrine Maid >> Priestess > Mechanist (Bows)

- Skill Set: Miracle, Renewal, Countermagic, Poison Strike, Replicate

- marries Saizo for ninja

Silas

- Class Path: Cavalier >> Great Knight Lv5-15 > Master Ninja (Swords)

- Skills: Elbow Room, Luna, Poison Strike, Lethality, Armored Blow / Shelter

Saizo

- Class Path: Ninja Lv10 > Samurai Lv20 >> Arms Master Lv5 > Master Ninja (Swords + Shuriken)

- Skill Set: Poison Strike, Duelist's Blow, Seal Strength, Lethality, Shurikenfaire / Vantage

Sakura ! Asugi

- Class Path: Ninja > Samurai >> Swordmaster Lv5-15> Mechanist > Master Ninja (Swords + Shuriken)

- Inheritance: Seal Strength / Astra (Saizo), Miracle (Sakura)

- Skill Set: Miracle, Vantage / Astra, Duelist's Blow / Seal Strength, Swordfaire / Shurikenfaire, Replicate

? / Mozu ! Sophie

- Class Path: Cavalier (offspring) > Great Knight Lv5-15 > Master Ninja (swords)

- Inheritence: Armored Blow / Luna (Silas), Aptitude (Mozu) / ??

- Skill Set: Elbow Room, Luna, Poison Strike, Lethality, Armored Blow / Shelter

- marries Asugi for ninja access

- unless she gets a different parent to give her any other inheritance options, she's basically just a clone of Silas. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

Hinoka

- Class Path: Pegasus > ??

- Skill Set: Darting Blow, ?

- marries Kaze for ninjas

- can't figure out quite what I wanna do with Hinoka. She's the royal fam and CAN ninja, but figuring out how to do so efficiently is a pain. Not sure if I wanna send her through Ninja/MasterNin and just go from there, get her no particularly special skills, or start her as Archer (from A+ Setsuna) and grab Quick Draw before ending her as a Mechanist with Replicate and such.

Setsuna

- Class Path: Archer >> Sniper Lv15 > Mechanist (Bows)

- Skill Set: Quick Draw, Certain Blow, Bowfaire, Poison Touch, Replicate

Azama

- Class Path: Priest > Apothecary >> Merchant Lv5 > (Kinshi Knight Lv6 >) Mechanist (Bows)

- Skill set: Miracle, Potent Potion, Quick Salve, Profiteer / Darting Blow, Replicate

- marries Kagero for ninja, A+ Subaki for Kinshi Knight

Rinkah ! Rhajat

- Class Path: Diviner > Spearfighter > Ninja // OR // Diviner (offspring) > Basara (partner) > Spearmaster > Master Ninja (Shuriken)

- Inheritance: Seal Res (Rinkah)

- Skill Set: Mag+2, Seal Res, Seal Def, Shurikenfaire, Poison Strike / Lethality

- marries Shiro for Spearfighter access. Likely Poison Strike > Lethality due to her poor Skill stat

Oboro ! Hisame

- Class Path: Samurai (offspring) > Samurai Lv15 > Mechanist Lv19 > Master Ninja (Swords)

- Inheritance: Seal Res (Hinata), Seal Def / Rend Heaven (Oboro)

- Skill Set: Duelist's Blow, Astra / Rend Heaven, Swordfaire, Replicate, Lethality / filler

- A+ Asugi for ninja access

Takumi

- Class Path: Archer > Sniper Lv15 > Mechanist (Bows)

- Skill Set: Quick Draw, Certain Blow, Bowfaire, Poison Strike, Replicate

- marries Setsuna for ninja access

Kagero

- Class Path: Ninja >> Master Ninja Lv2-5 > Basara Lv3-6 > Mechanist Lv15 > Master Ninja (Shuriken)

- Skill Set: Poison Touch, Rend Heaven, Lethality, Replicate, Shurikenfaire

Setsuna ! Kiragi

- Class Path: Archer (offspring Seal) > Sniper Lv 5-15 > Master Ninja > Mechanist

- Inheritance: Quick Draw / Certain Blow / Bowfaire / Replicate (both/either)

- Skill Set: Quick Draw, Certain Blow, Bowfaire, Replicate, Poison Strike / Skill+2

Kagero ! Mitama

- Class Path: Shrine Maid (offspring) > Priestess Lv5-15 > Mechanist (Bows + Shuriken?)

- Inheritance: Lethality / Rend Heaven (Kagero), Potent Potion / Darting Blow (Azama)

- Skill Set: Miracle, Renewal, Lethality / Rend Heaven, Replicate, Countermagic / Darting Blow / Potent Potion

Reina

- Class Path: Kinshi Knight Lv5-8 > Basara Lv11 > Mechanist (Bows)

- Skill Set: Darting Blow, Rend Heaven, Poison Touch, Replicate, Camaraderie / Future Sight

Orochi ! Selkie

- Class Path: Kitsune (offspring) > Ninetails > Master Ninja (Shuriken)

- Inheritance: Mag+2 (Orochi)

- Skill Set: Mag+2, Evenhanded, Even Better, Grisly Wound, Shurikenfaire / Lethality

- A+ Kana for ninja access

Ryoma

- Class Path: Samurai >> Swordmaster Lv15 > (Arms Master Lv16 >) Master Ninja (Swords)

- Skill Set: Vantage, Duelist's Blow, Astra, Swordfaire, Poison Touch / Life & Death / Lethality

Hinoka ! Midori

- Class Path: Apothecary (offspring) > Mechanist (Bows + Shuriken)

- Inheritance: Duelist's Blow (Kaze), Darting Blow / ?? (Hinoka)

- Skill Set: Duelist's Blow, Darting Blow / ??, Replicate, Poison Strike, Potent Potion / Quick Salve

Hana ! Dwyer

- Class Path: Troubador (offspring) > Butler > Master Ninja (Shuriken)

- Inheritance: Tomebreaker (Jakob), Duelist's Blow (Hana)

- Skill Set: Gentilhomme / Poison Strike, Tomebreaker, Duelist's Blow, Lethality, Shurikenfaire

- A+ Asugi for ninja access

Azura ! Shiro

- Class Path: Spearfighter > ?

- Inheritance: Seal Strength / other samurai stuff (Ryoma), Voice of Peace (Azura)

- Skill Set: ???

- A+ Asugi for ninja access. Much the same dilemma as Hinoka.

Ryoma ! Shigure

- Class Path: Pegasus (offspring) > Kinshi Knight Lv15 > Mechanist (Bows)

- Inheritance: Duelist's Blow / Astra (Ryoma), Voice of Peace (Azura)

- Skill Set: Camaraderie, Amaterasu, Replicate, Voice of Peace / Astra, Duelist's Blow

Shura

- Class Path: Outlaw Lv 1-11 > Master Ninja Lv5-15 > Mechanist (Bows + Shuriken)

- Skill Set: Move+1, Lucky 7, Poison Touch, Lethality, Replicate

Final unit count: 26/15 needed (AKA way too many)

Candidates to get dropped: Shura, Reina, Hinoka, Sakura, Rinkah, Rhajat, Shigure, Midori, Shiro, and any other 1st genners that don't pull their weight

A couple of pieces of information popped out at me while I was doing this.

One, there are WAY too many potential candidates here. On my Wyvern run I had like 17 potential wyverns overall, and ended up using 15... I counted the options listed here, and it's almost double that. I'm not gonna decide preemptively who gets the axe, more likely I'll just let their performance decide that, but there are a few that I'm highly considering giving up on in advance, esp Shura and Reina sadly.

Next is that I have NO idea what sort of class path or skill build to do for Hinoka and Shiro. Jes' too many options and I was having trouble narrowing it down to anything in particular, so I thought I'd try to explore some options here.

[spoiler=Hinoka first.] Mainly, I find her problem is that, while she has a ton of good skill trees she can dip into, there isn't really a concretely efficient way to dip into them and end in her final class without way too much changing around, like so many other characters have (IE Takumi and Silas). While this immediately makes me just want to dump her preemptively, I still wanna give her a chance because she's a royal sis, and having all the royals come along would be cool. Since she and Kaze both come pretty early, an early hitch could give her the chance to start training soon enough to have some decent weapon levels... though I question if other, roundabout options might be good too.

Class access: Pegasus tree, spearfighter tree, ninja tree, archer tree (via Setsuna), shrine maid tree (via Sakura)

Class Path 1: Pegasus > Ninja >> Master Ninja Lv5 (Shuriken + Swords?)

Skill Build 1: Darting Blow, Poison Touch, Lethality, Shurikenfaire, Camaraderie / Locktouch

- The simplest and easiest build, but gives her nothing particularly special. Might be worth the simplicity if enough seals are available when she and Kaze marry, shrug.

Class Path 2: Pegasus > Archer >> Kinshi Knight Lv1-5 > (Priestess Lv6-15 >) Mechanist (bows)

Skill Build 2: Darting Blow, Quick Draw, Replicate, Renewal, Countermagic

- copies Sakura, basically; quicker Bow weapon levels than Sakura would get, but more seals required and no Miracle to abuse Renewal and Countermagic. Also makes her more of a bow specialist, which I worry there will be too many of.

Class Path 3: Pegasus > Spearfighter >> Basara / Spearmaster (Lv5) > Master Ninja (shuriken)

Skill Build 2: Darting Blow / Poison Strike, Seal Def, Seal Speed / Rend Heaven, Lethality, Shurikenfaire

- the 'give me Arms Scrolls plz' path. Level 5 promoted might not be TOO bad for having to train a new weapon, but in theory it seems that way.

[spoiler=Now for Shiro.]

Shiro continues to concern me as to his ability to perform. While I like the Seal-abuse suggestion that eclipse had, I also think it might be pretty superfluous in an army where half or more of the units are inflicting debuffs and Poison Strikes with their every attack, and I slightly question how necessary it is for him to focus on that. Or, it could be totally good and I could be fulla crap, I have no idea.

Inheritance: Seal Strength / other swordmaster skills (Ryoma), Voice of Peace (Azura; not gonna use seals on her 'cept to change her back from Witch)

Class access: Spearfighter tree, Samurai tree, Pegasus tree (Azura), Archer tree (Kiragi), Ninja tree (Asugi)

Class Path 1: Spearfighter >> Spearmaster Lv5 > Master Ninja (shuriken)

Skil Build 1: Voice of Peace, Seal Strength, Seal Def, Seal Speed, Poison Strike / Lethality

- the debuffer route. Pretty safe and efficient in terms of class-changing, so hell, it could be worth it for as little trouble as it is, even though it feels really superfluous at large.

Class Path 2: Spearfighter >> Basara Lv5-15 > Master Ninja (shuriken)

Skil Build 2: Rend Heaven, Duelist's Blow / Astra, Shurikenfaire, Lethality, Poison Strike / Quixotic

- the more offensive build. Obv wants at least one Arms Scroll so procs can be used, and that's not TOO much of a cost.

Actually, I think the real problem with Shiro is both of his options are too easy and neither seems particularly better than the other lol. IDK why I had so much trouble with this earlier, just indecisiveness (maybe trying to get too many swordmaster skills on him) I guess.

Also, I've made a discovery: Selkie can befriend Kana for ninja, which puts Sophie on the table to marry Asugi.

Is Mozu a good mom for Sophie or is there a better suggestion? There are a few moms I'd be willing to swap around.

Seal skills do more debuff "damage" than shuriken. If Shiro can hit C Hidden, he can skip Seal Strength and use a forged Steel Shuriken to debuff Strength (and keep an Iron Shuriken around for mages). It's a neat little niche he has, so I'd keep him around.

Hinoka, on the other hand. . .I like her stats, but Sky Knight/Spear Fighter means she wants to focus on lances. Darting Blow allows her to double everything and then some, and that's really about it for unique advantage. IMO her other use is to get Replicate and use her personal skill to everyone else's advantage.

If you're gonna drop anyone, I'd do Reina long before Shura. Reina's personal skill keeps herself alive. Shura's personal skill lines up nicely with the ninja theme, and he can carry his bow rank into Mechanist.

Seal skills do more debuff "damage" than shuriken. If Shiro can hit C Hidden, he can skip Seal Strength and use a forged Steel Shuriken to debuff Strength (and keep an Iron Shuriken around for mages). It's a neat little niche he has, so I'd keep him around.

TBH I'm starting to feel better about Shiro. If I give him D-rank via Arms scroll he shouldn't have too much trouble hitting C after that.. Honestly I am leaning more toward the offensive build, but I'll keep the other one in mind. No need to commit to anything until I recruit Ryoma anyway heh

Hinoka, on the other hand. . . I like her stats, but Sky Knight/Spear Fighter means she wants to focus on lances. Darting Blow allows her to double everything and then some, and that's really about it for unique advantage. IMO her other use is to get Replicate and use her personal skill to everyone else's advantage.

Honestly I'm thinking of dropping Hinoka outright at this point.. ORRR what I might do, since Sophie has emerged as a usable unit, is pair Hinoka with Silas (I'll peek at the difference in mods between Mozu!Sophie and Hinoka!Sophie later, right now I can't be bothered) I think Mozu!Midori isn't too bad either, and I wasn't going to use Mozu anyway so small difference there.

If you're gonna drop anyone, I'd do Reina long before Shura. Reina's personal skill keeps herself alive. Shura's personal skill lines up nicely with the ninja theme, and he can carry his bow rank into Mechanist. I'll try using them but honestly both will probably not get used haha. There is a huge surplus of usable ninjas, but like I said, I'll play it by ear and whoever performs can stay. Shura comes pretty late, so that's of concern, but I'll give everyone possible a shot!

Input appreciated as always~

Edited by BANRYU

Sorry for the double-post, just wanted to update with some more thoughts and such.

Aight so looking at Hinoka VS Mozu as the moms of Midori and Sophie, it seems quite a bit like Hinoka is the best mom for both... BUT I think Sophie gets more out of it (more specialized with no negative modifiers, VS more balanced but less strong mods with Mozu). For Mozu!Midori, she gets the same Speed, a little negative Strength but more Skill (it also doesn't help her lackluster Res much but as a Bow-user she wants to avoid magic anyway). So I think that's what I'm gonna do, swap Hinoka and Mozu in the interest of using Sophie over Hinoka, since Sophie will get Hinoka's good stats and starts with an actual usable weapon rank.

Not using all 4 royals will be disappointing, but what can you do eh *shrug* -___- Gotta cut my losses somewhere.

And thinking on it some more, Rhajat shouldn't marry Shiro if they're both gonna be debuffers, that feels a little pointless for when they're paired up together. Solutions to this are marrying debuffer Shiro to someone else, or making Shiro the more offensive build when he marries Rhajat (and TBH I'm leaning toward making Shiro offensive anyway, since that build looks pretty cool and easy to make happen).

BUT, MORE IMPORTANTLY...~

I think I have enough information here to start the run. I'll be doing that at some point when I get the chance, so anyone who's interested, stay tuned~

More quick pairing thoughts:

- Silas x Mozu -> Silas x Hinoka

- Jakob x Hana -> Jakob x Mozu

- Kaze x Hinoka -> Kaze x Hana

I'm guessing these don't make much difference; this just allows me to use Hana as a potential ninja in the long run if I train her up, and I like the mod spreads on the three kids slightly better this way as well (Sophie wants Hinoka's good mods the most IMO since she seems the most promising of these three kids, and Dwyer doesn't suffer TOO much by the looks of it...?)

Also, I've started!

Thoughts so far:

- WOW having this many shurikens obliterates chapter 7. Shurikens hardly care about weapon triangle when so many debuffs are happening

- used the first Heart Seal on Rinkah and she's been performing pretty well. She's weaker and slower than Kaze, but unlike the four other dagger users, can actually take a hit so that's good.

- decided not to use Awakening DLC, since finishing the level gives too much exp and the skills aren't that important to anyone (Kana will miss Aether and Awakening but there are other skills she can get).

- not being able to grind for supports and exp separately like in conquest sucks, but I guess that's part of the challenge haha.

- gonna try to grab Asugi ASAP

- Didn't decide to pair Hana with Kaze until after Ch7 was done, so she got no experience there haha. Gonna have to make up for lost ground a bit, but that shouldn't be too hard...?

EDIT: Another small update, not really worth bumping again. Made it to Chapter 10 so far.

- everyone being used is approx level 11 (save supporters, who are higher lol).

- current ninja count is 4, going on 7: A-ranked MU with Kaze to get the ASAP friendship seal ninja swap for MU. Could have done this faster if I'd remembered to grind supports in the prologue chapters, but oh well.

- MU is also married to Felicia at this point, so whenever she gets Tomebreaker she'll be going ninja too.

- Kagero is about to join and Asugi is a WIP as well.

- decided to allow grinding for units that will not be part of the main squad, so this means that people like Hayato, Hinata, Oboro etc. can still potentially grind for inheritance skills. Likely won't be going too overboard with this since I still don't want to use too many seals, even master seals, but we'll see.

Edited by BANRYU

Okay, time for an update. Up to Chapter 14 and the next Rod Shop upgrade is unlocked, so we've got some class-changing options available:

- 3 Heart Seal

- 2 Partner Seal

- 2 Friendship Seal

Candidates: Azama (lv16) -> Apothecary, Sakura (lv19), Felicia (Lv15), Rhajat (available, unrecruited), Kaze / Saizo (Lv15)

In addition, Kaze x Hana, Silas x Hinoka, and Oboro x Hinata are all able to S-rank with each other and I just haven't done it yet, so that's Midori, Sophie, and Hisame all potentially available as well (though I'll probably leave the latter two for lategame). If anyone wants to try talking me out of any of these pairings, now would be the time ~3o

It's regrettable that I wasn't able to swap Azama over sooner, but Rinkah got the first Heart Seal and this was the first one to become available again. I've been trying to slow him down and fast-track Sakura through levels, and my plan right now is to Heart Seal Azama into Apothecary, send Sakura through Priestess normally until she gets Renewal, and have Felicia Partner Seal to Ninja. Hana, Silas, and Azama will all go ninja lategame, so... lessee...

I believe that will leave 2 heart seals for Kaze and Saizo to go Samurai and grab those skills, OR for Rhajat to start training her shurikens early so I can possibly forgo having to use Arms Scrolls on her (she'll probably still want them if her Str is as crap as I think it'll be, and I happen to have 2 of them right now lol).

Also debating if I should grab Asugi now or wait until Saizo gets a Swordmaster/Arms Master skill to pass to him first.

PS: Oh, also, I gave MU Paragon for a bit and it made leveling way TOO fast, so I took it off and am self-banning that as well.

WELP. Haha. No input so I guess I got a decision to make for myself so...

- Kaden x Orochi and Hinata x Oboro are locked in. Still waiting on Silas and Kaze's S-ranks just in case

- Knowing how hard/impossible (if unnecessary) it is to hit S-rank naturally, I want to try to save Arms Scrolls SOOO I'm gonna probably go grab Rhajat, Heart Seal her into a ninja, and start working on that. Saizo will get the other one to start working on swords in samurai. It'd be nice if Kaze could start on Samurai too but OHHH WELLL

- Gonna wait on Asugi until Saizo gets Seal Strength from Arms Master

Are there any kids in Birthright that want/need to be grabbed early, for whatever reason?

If anyone actually sees this haha

Edited by BANRYU

Are there any kids in Birthright that want/need to be grabbed early, for whatever reason?

Selkie and Shiro, especially the latter. Also, Sophie, albeit for other reasons.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Selkie and Shiro, especially the latter.

Duly noted, thanks for the input. I'm actually going to wait until lategame to get Selkie so I can just Offspring her to get Grisly Wound right away, but I will attempt to make it happen with Shiro if possible.

I grabbed the Takumi's Shinai from the Visit rewards so that should actually be fairly easy if I grind him and Azura on underpowered challenges, haha.

What would be the latest optimal chapter to get Shiro? I'm guessing before everyone wanting to promote?

Duly noted, thanks for the input. I'm actually going to wait until lategame to get Selkie so I can just Offspring her to get Grisly Wound right away, but I will attempt to make it happen with Shiro if possible.

I grabbed the Takumi's Shinai from the Visit rewards so that should actually be fairly easy if I grind him and Azura on underpowered challenges, haha.

What would be the latest optimal chapter to get Shiro? I'm guessing before everyone wanting to promote?

Yeah, before chapter 18 is the best time to get Shiro. As for Selkie, I don't trust the AI to NOT put her in a position where she is at risk of dying before I can get to her.

Yeah, before chapter 18 is the best time to get Shiro. As for Selkie, I don't trust the AI to NOT put her in a position where she is at risk of dying before I can get to her.

I'll keep that in mind about Selkie, definitely thanks for letting me know!

Aight... I'm still stuck in indecision town, so gonna try to get some input once more... Gonna try to keep it brief since that seems to get results haha ;;

1) Hinoka or Hana for Ninjadom? Whoever it is will marry Kaze. Hinoka will need to train shurikens (but can do that with Partner Seals, which are available rn) and catch up in levels. Hana is caught up on experience, can use her sword rank as a master ninja, and makes a Midori I'm okay with.

2) Who to use a Heart Seal on (2 available) between Saizo, Kaze, and Rhajat? Ninja bros go Samurai, Rhajat goes ninja.

TBH my main incentive to swap Rhajat (and recruit her, don't got her yet) is to start working on her Shuriken level to conserve Arms Scrolls for lategame, when I'll probably need them if I want any hope of hitting S-rank for the Chakram. (I know it's probably not that important but DAMMIT I WANNA USE IT.) (I guess what I could also do is just grind weapon ranks on someone once they hit level 20.....?)

INPUT APPRECIATED AS ALWAYS ,w,

1. Hana, I guess. Midori looks weird with Hinoka's hair.

2. Rhajat and whichever one of Saizo/Kaze has the better combo of Strength/Speed. Rhajat should be able to do something with a Bronze Shuriken/Pebble.

Aight, sticking with the plan that I came up with (and subsequently couldn't commit to lol) regarding Kaze's fam, then. They're locked in, I'm committing, GDI x___x

Kaze and Saizo are pretty evenly split right now, as is often the case with them... Probably Saizo's gonna get it, though.

Welp. Looks like it's time to go grab Rhajat

Appreciated as always!

Maybe this is as good a time as any for a little update...

- currently up to Chapter 17

- recruited Rhajat, Hisame, and Shiro by this point

- getting Hisame at the very least may have been a mistake, because I'm currently out of Master Seals lol... Rinkah, Hisame, and Shiro are all stuck at level 20 and unable to promote until I get more

EDIT: Chapter 17 had a Master Seal that was hidden because all the enemies are OTL. Used it on Shiro

- Rinkah is in a position to most likely be dropped at this point sadly; Felicia is as well though she at least can keep up without need for a promotion item so she's mainly filler when I have room to bring her and pairup fodder for MU.

- Rhajat on the other hand is promoted and finally hit C-rank shurikens without needing any Arms Scrolls, and is destroying ppl with Flame Shurikens. Her Skill, surprisingly, isn't that bad at all actually (about 18 at level 2 Master Ninja). May just leave her in this class instead of picking up extra Seal skills as initially planned, she seems to be doing fine

- Shiro got Astra from Ryoma, so most likely I'll be going the offensive build for him. Him and Hisame will probably take some grinding to catch up; gonna try to do this without Challenges, but may resort to them. we'll see

- Azura is currently being a Witch to grab the skills she wants

- Jakob is pulling sole staffbot duty since all the other applicable healers have either lost their staves (Felicia, Azama) or are spending their turns for weapon training instead (Sakura)

- Primary current squad: MU, Kaze, Saizo, Kagero, Silas, Sakura, Takumi, Setsuna, Azama, Hana, Rhajat, Shiro, plus Ryoma and Azura slightly overleveled, but waiting in the wings.

That's about all for now! Just tryna power through to Chapter 20 for unlimited seals, hopin' the unpromoted kids can hang tight 'till then x____x

Edited by BANRYU