The 'Think about a new Challenge run' topic

Flee Fleet!

Good luck to anyone trying to get the true ending of Sword of Seals using only Roy. Can unpromoted Roy even take Murdock? I doubt even an armorslayer could pierce Murdock's defenses with an average level 20 Roy. Though I suppose if you pile every energy drop in the game onto him you might stand a chance. Still wouldn't help solve the problem of wading through the massive number of enemies before the turn limit is up though.

Edited by Jotari

Good luck to anyone trying to get the true ending of Sword of Seals using only Roy. Can unpromoted Roy even take Murdock? I doubt even an armorslayer could pierce Murdock's defenses with an average level 20 Roy. Though I suppose if you pile every energy drop in the game onto him you might stand a chance. Still wouldn't help solve the problem of wading through the massive number of enemies before the turn limit is up though.

Unpromoted Roy can take Murdock yeah. You will NOT get the good ending as it took my Roy around 8ish turns to kill him, but it is doable. I have a rule of bosskilling with the Lords. I must do so.

FE10: Dawn Brigade only. Only exception are chapters where you don't have any DB units and Ike (for the final boss). Yes, this means everyone is either benched or unequiped (aka meatshields) once Ilyana joins Ike (Haar and Lethe/Mordecai can be used to recruit Jill and Zihark in chapter 3-7). Don't try this on Hard Mode.

Want an even harder challenge? Only bring the Crimean Royal Knights into the endgame. Ex-Crimean Royal Knights count. BEXP is banned on Easy/Normal.

​No Lords for You: Your Lords Must Remain at Base Level or Level 1 Promoted (If Forced Promotion) [This would be quite hard in FE4, FE7, FE8, FE9, FE10 [Micaiah, Elincia and Ike are banned], FE13 and FE14]

Is this possible in FE9/FE10? Ike is necessary for 3 fights. If he can't do damage to any of them, then the game is literally unbeatable. Same goes for FE13 if you count the Avatar as a lord.

Edited by Yedknowsall

Unpromoted Roy can take Murdock yeah. You will NOT get the good ending as it took my Roy around 8ish turns to kill him, but it is doable. I have a rule of bosskilling with the Lords. I must do so.

You would've missed the good ending LONG before Sword of Seals (at least from my experience), you wouldn't have gotten the Infernal Element

FE10: Dawn Brigade only. Only exception are chapters where you don't have any DB units and Ike (for the final boss). Yes, this means everyone is either benched or unequiped (aka meatshields) once Ilyana joins Ike (Haar and Lethe/Mordecai can be used to recruit Jill and Zihark in chapter 3-7). Don't try this on Hard Mode.

Want an even harder challenge? Only bring the Crimean Royal Knights into the endgame. Ex-Crimean Royal Knights count. BEXP is banned on Easy/Normal.

Is this possible in FE9/FE10? Ike is necessary for 3 fights. If he can't do damage to any of them, then the game is literally unbeatable. Same goes for FE13 if you count the Avatar as a lord.

Oh, I forgot about the Black Knight fights in FE9 and FE10 (what's the third fight Ike's required for?)

You would've missed the good ending LONG before Sword of Seals (at least from my experience), you wouldn't have gotten the Infernal Element

Oh, I forgot about the Black Knight fights in FE9 and FE10 (what's the third fight Ike's required for?)

Ike needs to land the killing blow on Ashera.

Ike needs to land the killing blow on Ashera.

So, Ike is the only one who can hurt the Black Knight because Ragnell and he has to kill Ashera

So no, I don't think the No Lords for You Challenge is possible in PoR

For RD he might be strong enough at base level (his bases are insane in RD) and I could change the rules to allow you to use Ike for the Black Knight and Ashera fights

Or you just can't do the No Lords for You Challenge in the Tellius games

For Awakening, I'd say you can decide if Robin counts as a Lord, but definitely no Chrom or Lucina

And yes, Corrin is a Lord

I understand the Tellius side. But why is Robin necessary in Awakening?

Only Chrom and Robin can kill the final boss, right? I haven't played in a while, but that's what I remember.

No, that's story related, not gameplay. However, not having a Falchion user trained means you probably should pick up one of the Marths on Spotpass or the DLC one.

Also, no lords in Gaiden means that the fight with Duma will be hella long and really difficult, and you still need Alm to kill him.

No, that's story related, not gameplay. However, not having a Falchion user trained means you probably should pick up one of the Marths on Spotpass or the DLC one.

Also, no lords in Gaiden means that the fight with Duma will be hella long and really difficult, and you still need Alm to kill him.

Using a certain item in conjunction with Nosferatu CAN kill Duma without the Falchion iirc

What about Lucina? Parallel Falchion may not be quite as insane as Exalted Falchion, but it should get the job done.

So, Ike is the only one who can hurt the Black Knight because Ragnell and he has to kill Ashera

So no, I don't think the No Lords for You Challenge is possible in PoR

For RD he might be strong enough at base level (his bases are insane in RD) and I could change the rules to allow you to use Ike for the Black Knight and Ashera fights

Or you just can't do the No Lords for You Challenge in the Tellius games

For Awakening, I'd say you can decide if Robin counts as a Lord, but definitely no Chrom or Lucina

And yes, Corrin is a Lord

You could just wave the bonus exp rule on Ike and get him up to level 20/20 that way. I've seen people solo Path of Radiance with another character and do that.

According to the wiki Rudolph would also be a massive nightmare to fight without Alm.

Edited by Jotari

What about non-forged Bronze only run of Fates/Radiant Dawn? Or just E-Ranks. Note: Prf weapons can only be used if no E-Rank weapons on the person, and anything that isn't a regalia or E-rank must be sold. Boo Camp and skirmishes banned, BEXP only to next level. Have fun.

What about non-forged Bronze only run of Fates/Radiant Dawn? Or just E-Ranks. Note: Prf weapons can only be used if no E-Rank weapons on the person, and anything that isn't a regalia or E-rank must be sold. Boo Camp and skirmishes banned, BEXP only to next level. Have fun.

Or Awakening

• 2 months later...