[Tool Release] Fire Emblem Fates Text Editor (FEITS, but with Localized Names)

robotortoise

Hiya!
Since FEITS hasn't been updated in quite a while, and the creator wasn't interested in adding localized names, I did it myself. It's called FEFTS (Fire Emblem Fates Text Simulator) and is a fork of FEITS.
Goyj9di.png
Here's the changelog from FEITS:
  • Optimized PNGs to save a bit of memory and hopefully boot a bit faster.
  • Changed default conversation to something absurd (Selkie/Chrom) to better show the benefits of the program.
  • Changed name to "Fire Emblem Fates Text Simulator".
  • Localized Reference Guide, and stored locally.
  • Created a changelog.
  • Further improvements to overall system stability, system security, and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

post-19335-0-35447300-1475356818_thumb.png

Edited by robotortoise

Thanks for sharing. I remember this being shared on Reddit recently and was interested in messing around with it, but I didn't find a chance to get around to it then, so I appreciate it being posted here to remind me.

Just wondering, do you think it's possible for you or someone else could create a text simulator program for Fire Emblem Awakening too? I'd personally appreciate there being one as well.

Thanks for sharing. I remember this being shared on Reddit recently and was interested in messing around with it, but I didn't find a chance to get around to it then, so I appreciate it being posted here to remind me.

Just wondering, do you think it's possible for you or someone else could create a text simulator program for Fire Emblem Awakening too? I'd personally appreciate there being one as well.

Unfortunately, I don't actually know how to code, despite me hosting this on Github. In theory, Awakening text boxes could be added to this, but I don't know how. If someone wants to add them, I'll be happy to merge it into the project on Github.

Edited by robotortoise

Further improvements to overall system stability, system security, and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Nice 3ds update humor there.

I'd say that the memers would find this more useful than the original purpose of the tool.

I mean, that's probably why SciresM didn't feel like updating it for localized names.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Nice 3ds update humor there.

I'd say that the memers would find this more useful than the original purpose of the tool.

I mean, that's probably why SciresM didn't feel like updating it for localized names.

Thanks.

I actually made a commit with the localized names, but he didn't seem to be interested. What was the original purpose of the tool? Something with the fan hack, right? I just know it's used for silly custom quotes.

It was to allow checking and parsing of the text code for the translation patch, without actually inserting the text.

Essentially, to test for coding syntax errors before putting it in the game.

Which, at the time, took a while to do since the patcher had to decrypt and extract all the files, patch the files that were changed and then rebuild it.

And then you have to run it on your 3ds. Depending on your method, you also had to install the CIA, etc.

So, you can see... that localized names aren't anywhere in the scope of the original purpose of the program.

It was to allow checking and parsing of the text code for the translation patch, without actually inserting the text.

Essentially, to test for coding syntax errors before putting it in the game.

Which, at the time, took a while to do since the patcher had to decrypt and extract all the files, patch the files that were changed and then rebuild it.

And then you have to run it on your 3ds. Depending on your method, you also had to install the CIA, etc.

So, you can see... that localized names aren't anywhere in the scope of the original purpose of the program.

Ah, I see. That makes sense, thank you.

• 11 months later...