[Fire Emblem Theory] Chrom is Corrin.

WinterOkami

Hi mates!

I wasn't planning on sharing this theory on the forum but more on my channel but since my new computer can't handle editing I changed my mind.

My name is Okami and today I am here to prove you that Corrin is actually Chrom despite the small things pointing towards Corrin being Robin so I have 2 sections to explain my point.

1.Robin and Corrin have opposite personalities

2.Corrin's similarities with Chrom on their journeys when they encounter the Awakening reincarnation ( Which has an explanation on why Gaius calls Robin bubbles instead of telling this to Chrom if he is Asugi)

1.Robin and Corrin have opposite personalities

I believe IntSys and Nintendo were planning on making Corrin and Robin one person however they messed up their personalities. This mistake gave a fantastic addition to the lore. You see if Robin is Corrin's reincarnation then he has a similar personality right ? Let's see then if they are alike.

Note : Keep in mind that Chrom and Robin have drasticly opposite personalities so the points I'll list to differentiate them will apply to Chrom as he and Corrin are the same in theory.

-Robin is calm and rational whereas Corrin is naive and reckless

- Robin is a strategist and isn't charismatic in the same way Corrin is. You see Corrin is bad at strategy as Leo pointed out that in their support conversations however he is improving. Robin, my friend, is on a genius-like level as he brings tactics never seen before. He always studies tactics and is overall very happy to learn more, similar to Leo and Takumi. You could say Corrin would grow as a better tactician and that Robin's personality altered after he lost his memory but I disagree because studying isn't part of Corrin's hobbies, what he likes is bonding with his friends and Queen like a certain someone but amnesia doesn't affect personality in FE because Morgan didn't change personality after losing her memories. Corrin is charismatic in the same way as Chrom. When they met Corrin mentioned how they both give a chance to people.

- Chrom and Robin have opposite personalities due to the writers wanting an anime friendship. You can't have a reckless hero aspiring to become king if he doesn't have a calm best friend to support him. Freddy is calm and is Chrom's retainer but he doesn't really see him as a friend. Sure he likes him but it's like with Jakob, he can't imagine them be on the same level unlike Robin.

- Robin isn't a leader but a right hand man.

See ? Not alike.

2.Corrin's similarities with Chrom on their journeys when they encounter the Awakening reincarnation ( Which has an explanation on why Gaius calls Robin bubbles instead of telling this to Chrom if he is Asugi)

We can pretty much agree that Chrom and Corrin have very similar personalities but it doesn't end there. They both have :

- A younger sister who admires their older sister, thinks she is a burden, is just so cute, for some reason have names based off Élisabeth and love their brother. (Elise - Lissa)

- A retainer obssessed with them as crazy (Jakob-Frederick )

- A loyal clumsy friend ( Felicia - Sumia )

And they also meet other reincarnations like Tharja-Rhajat, Asugi-Gaius, Caeldori-Cordelia. Now I know you are waiting to pull the S-Supports of these lovely ladies and the bubble thing but don't worry I know.

The relationships with Rhajat and Caeldori make it sound like they will meet you again in Awekning. Rhajat says in the OG that you'll meet her in a desert and Caeldori wants you to promise you'll remember her. Now how can Chrom still be Corrin ? Well, simple he just didn't recognise them and so did they . Chrom indeed encountered Tharja in Awakening and asked her to join. Cordelia worked at the castle and only interacted with her on small occasions. This explains her crush on Chrom as it is likely that Caeldori had a crush on Corrin but only admits it when you S-Support her(OFC taking in consideration that Corrin's A supports areall canon as his bonds saved him in the two paths ). Gaius only interacts with Chrom when he joins but after that it's done.

Notice those are 3 characters Chrom can't have support conversation with.and that Chrom has more duties than Corrin since he is not only a leader but a king. The reason why they didn't recognise him, to me at least is that Chrom is more intimidating and less available. Cordelia did recognise him but he didn't recognise her as probably they didn't talk long enoug or Chrom didn't S Support her in a past life. This now brings us to Robin who like Corrin is very social and talks to everyone. Chrom is the same but his busy schedule makes it harder, Corrin could do that because multi tasking was a thing in the Astral Plane. This is that very social side of him that made Robin be loved by these characters although we could argue that Tharja sensed Grima's darkness and that turned her on making her feel it was Corrin.

Anyways this was my theory, makes sure to let me know what you think of it, I am curious ?

Umm, alrighty then... To put it lightly, this is a stretch. I can sort of see something coming from the Awakening Expies hinting that they will see Corrin again (but really, I think it's more a fun little nod to anyone who had played Awakening). However, beyond that, the theory doesn't hold much weight. Characters having similar personalities and supporting casts is not uncommon in Fiction as a whole, let alone Fire Emblem.

Edited by Avalanche

Umm, alrighty then... To put it lightly, this is a stretch. I can sort of see something coming from the Awakening Expies hinting that they will see Corrin again (but really, I think it's more a fun little nod to anyone who had played Awakening). However, beyond that, the theory doesn't hold much weight. Characters having similar personalities and supporting casts is not uncommon in Fiction as a whole, let alone Fire Emblem.

This. Sorry to be the rain cloud to your parade, OP, but characters falling into similar archetypes is just a common occurrence in fiction. Chrom and Kamui fall into shonen archetypes you can find everywhere. It's kind of silly to even think that a character and their reincarnation need to be similar at all. Asugi, Caeldori and Rhajat are only like Gaius, Cordelia and Tharja because they're expies.

Edited by NekoKnight

A secondary supporting thought for this theory. Fates takes place in timeline Alpha, where Chrom is killed first, and then Grima rises to power and kills everyone else. When Grima abandons timeline Alpha to chase Lucina in timeline Beta, the sudden rise and loss of strength causes a dormant dragon god in Valla to become more active. The spirits of Chrom, Gaius, Cordelia, and Tharja reincarnate in an area where there is still a legendary dragon to do battle with, because of the regrets of failure in their past life. Chrom reincarnates first due to dying first, and the new Corrin can still use the deep realm to interact with Chrom from timeline Beta. It would also give Corrin more of a reason why the Yato would choose him, his spirit comes from the line that wielded the Falchion.

As for evidence of this... uhh... I use baseless conjecture and unfounded assertions, the true tools of excellent internets.

characters falling into similar archetypes is just a common occurrence

This is just true to Fire Emblem on a whole, there's pages dedicated to the types of archetypes in this series so it's not wonder that people fall into them. This theory is really a stretch but I'm not going to be the one to say don't believe it if you want to. Who know maybe IS or Nintendo will just announce this is true for FE Mobile, But for the most keep it as a personal head-cannon.

As for evidence of this... uhh... I use baseless conjecture and unfounded assertions, the true tools of excellent internets.

Funnily enough, the inner troll in me wants to support this theory fully only because of this statement.

I'm sorry I'm typing a serious post, because this thread doesn't deserve attention, but,

I see something in the "remember me" aspects of some of the supports. But I think these are most likely, odd as this may sound, addressed not to Robin, Kamui, or Chrom, but to the player, who actually does have the potential of playing both games. In that sense, I believe there is more a matter of Robin<->Chrom.

For the rest:

Assuming you're not trolling, did you start out thinking Robin and Corrin are related (IMO wrong) and then decide that you were wrong, and switch to Chrom?

1: The fact that Robin and Corrin have opposite personalities isn't enough. Corrin and Chrom aren't very similar, either. They're both somewhat naive and loyal, but that's true of many other FE characters. Really, the main thing bringing them together is they're both main characters.

but I disagree because studying isn't part of Corrin's hobbies, what he likes is bonding with his friends

This is untrue. The first thing Corrin does with Leo is he asks him to study. Generally, Corrin's supports with other characters also show occasional desires to learn and improve.

Corrin is charismatic in the same way as Chrom. When they met Corrin mentioned how they both give a chance to people.

If Robin isn't charismatic, why can he/she marry every female/male in the game and befriend every person of the same gender as well? Why does every character in the endgame of FE inevitably toss out a heartfelt line about how much they care about Robin? Maybe Robin doesn't have leadership capabilities, but he's charismatic.

-Chrom and Robin have opposite personalities due to the writers wanting an anime friendship. You can't have a reckless hero aspiring to become king if he doesn't have a calm best friend to support him. Freddy is calm and is Chrom's retainer but he doesn't really see him as a friend. Sure he likes him but it's like with Jakob, he can't imagine them be on the same level unlike Robin.

This weakens your theory to some extent, because it suggests Chrom and Robin's personalities have nothing to do with relating to Corrin's personalities, but more to do with being consistent and effective within their own game. This is much more likely. It's a reasonable explanation.

- A retainer obssessed with them as crazy (Jakob-Frederick )

I don't know if you've played prior Fire Emblems, but "Jeigan" is a thing. Nearly every Jeigan fits this description.

If you haven't, google marcus fire emblem, seth fire emblem, jeigan fire emblem, titania fire emblem, oifaye fire emblem, finn fire emblem, sothe fire emblem. Titania is probably the least fanatically devoted to Ike, but she still cares about him a lot. Sothe is not really a retainer per se, but is fanatically devoted to Micaiah. They are not typically lampooned like Jakob and Frederick are, but that's only because of the change in tone for FE since awakening.

- A loyal clumsy friend ( Felicia - Sumia )

See my above text block, but for Florina and Lyn in Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword. There are others, but those two are the most apparent.

This is that very social side of him that made Robin be loved by these characters although we could argue that Tharja sensed Grima's darkness and that turned her on making her feel it was Corrin.

Again, this is reinforcing a link between Robin and Corrin, not Chrom and Corrin. But regardless, it's weak. Doesn't Tiki have a fondness for Robin because he's somehow similar to Marth? Marth was charismatic, so I think the game kind of disagrees that Robin isn't at all (even if he doesn't get a charisma skill like Chrom!).

-sigh-

Since we're giving this thread attention anyway.....

This theory is a perfect example of skewing evidence (or subjectivizing/outright making it up) to fit one's conclusion.

Theories are cool, but they're usually much better if they have SOME degree of plausibility. For them to be plausible, they can't be founded on conflicting, subjective, or made-up points. It's fine if evidence for them doesn't exist (case in point: one of my favorite FE theories is the one that Grima is some kind of amalgamation of Loptyr and Medeus, for which there is virtually no evidence other than the fact that all of them are dark dragons), but if existing information rules them out (like how pretty much everything we know about Chrom, Corrin, AND Robin rules out any possibility of them being the same person, with the very small exception of Tharja/Rhajat's deal with your MU in both games and the implication that they're reincarnated... but IMO even THAT'S pretty weak).