So does anyone here play Yu-Gi-Oh?

Retyl

I used to be a duelist like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee......

Correction: I used to be a duelist like you, but then I took a card game to the motorcycle.

Anyway I used to play it with friends, but I haven't been keeping up since forever. The newest thing I know are Synchro Summons.

I play YGO very sporadically, as I have friends who enjoy it, but don't really have the funds to keep up irl. I actually keep up with the anime though and happen to really dig Arc V.

i know up to pendulums but i really only use up to fusions mainly

who needs this pendulum nonsense

all you need is SUPER QUANTAL MECH KING GREAT MAGNUS

all praise Magnus

I quite like me some yugioh.

Now, whether people enjoy playing against me is a different matter, given that I mostly play control decks. As of now I mostly play Zodiac Beasts (or possibly Twelve Beasts, Juunishishi, name not confirmed yet). Molmarat is quite dumb. Way, way more powerful than it should be simply because it's not Once Per Turn.

In real life, I own Dark Worlds and Satellarknights, both bought quite a while after they were actually good. I also played Exodia FTK once...

I like all eras of the game tbh, except maybe Tier 0 formats, though I never play competitively so they never seem to actually affect me.

I used to be a duelist like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee...... Or rather, the Power Creep started detracting from my ability to play almost-semi-competitively, so I quit.

Or you can keep thoughts like these to yourself.

Anyway, used to play, but couldn't keep up with it, money and time-wise. One of my friends still plays, but I'm rather lost on things like the meta and how much things have changed. The lack of Self-Destruct Button makes me sad, because that was my favorite troll deck! Still, it was a good ride while it lasted, and if you have any questions about the distant past, I might be able to answer it.

I only use pendulums for lunalights because there miracle fusion equivalent is a pendulum. Generally I like fusion decks in yugioh. Synchros aren't bad but I prefer fusions just due to being able to make them from the hand. Which eliminates having to set up monsters on the field for synchro and xyz. Pending does make the other two easier but I don't really like pends

I only use pendulums for lunalights because there miracle fusion equivalent is a pendulum. Generally I like fusion decks in yugioh. Synchros aren't bad but I prefer fusions just due to being able to make them from the hand. Which eliminates having to set up monsters on the field for synchro and xyz. Pending does make the other two easier but I don't really like pends

Pendulum actually tends to not help those decks as much as you would think, and they also tend to not require too much setup, mostly because there are things like the Terrortop Engine and Kagetokage+King of the Feral Imps, Tour Guide from the Underworld, etc etc for XYZs. Synchros have cards such as Level Eater and Junk Synchron to make their plays easier.

Konami has mananged to thankfully avoid making Pendulums broken cards that can be splashed in any deck, though a pendulum engine with Dracoslayers and/or Magicians or something is still possible to assist in summoning a ton of monsters.

I used to play a lot until I realized the disgusting business model of Konami and quit. Their "I gonna make a ton of money from Yugioh and I am the only one who is allowed to make money from it" attitude is horrible.

Edited by Magical CC

So I finally got hands on the Dragunity engine to try out an OCG build I saw and they have made my Buster Blader deck seemingly much more consistent in general.

Easier access to Buster Dragon thanks to Vajrayana and Dragon Ravine can dump dead Buster Bladers in hand or combo pieces into the grave such as Phalanx, the Buster fusion or the trap and further the plays I can do in a turn or even set up for my opponent's turn to summon the Buster Dragon fusion.

Very happy with the build and I hope I can troll my locals this weekend with this new deck.

I play here and there but I'm not much on Online Playing yet, mostly because every time I try to build a deck, either it's a highpressure low time situation, or the damn builder bugs out on me.

Any thoughts on online deckbuilders that import into DevPro/YGOPro?

I play here and there but I'm not much on Online Playing yet, mostly because every time I try to build a deck, either it's a highpressure low time situation, or the damn builder bugs out on me.

Any thoughts on online deckbuilders that import into DevPro/YGOPro?

You can build deck on DevPro/YGOPro.

You can build deck on DevPro/YGOPro.

lol

the whole reason i asked is because I wanted to build a deck at work, on my work PC during lunch break, but I can't install either/or on the PC due to restrictions.