I forgot how much I loved this game

Junkhead

I lent this game to a friend a few months ago, and since I was away, I couldn't exactly play it. (: However, I re-started it. Forgot how fun and addicting this game is. I still get rather astonished at it's replayablity factor (you know, assuming you don't go out of your way to grind your ass off). and something I always preach: No-Pair Up. Try it. Please. It's a world's difference in terms of a challenge- granted, the game doesn't exactly get difficult ('least in HM), but you can make a ton of difference by neglecting it, as well as the luxury of Tonics, Rallies, etc. However, I've no say on Forging.

yeah the main game is actually fun when you ban pair-ups. still wish there was a difficulty between hard and lunatic.

the grinding to get optimal skills is so painful. was planning to beat apotheosis several months ago, but i had burned out on grinding and gave the game a long break. maybe now i'll finally do it.

Oh, the DLC. Recently bought the "Champions of Yore" pack, as well as one of the remaining "Smash Brethern" I didn't have (Episode 3). I actually really enjoy the story and character aspects. The way they managed to fit in these "Einhenjar" and other worlds concept. I also literally had no idea idea old Hubba was basically Master Roshi. I made have made a tiny bit of a mistake playing all 3 (seperately, not all at once) in the same run, since it raised my small team rather quickly. I tried low-manning this playthrough a bit, turns out the characters become even stronger. LOL. There's plenty of room for a full-slot team, it seems...

Eh... I guess it's the only FE game I never ever would replay because this game featured almost nothing interesting for me.

Idc for the story (despite it became awful after defeating Gangrel) but even gameplaywise it didn't have much offer to me except for a total unbalanced pair up.

At least weapon durability still existed and brave weapons were useful.

Awakening has a lot of good things in there. It wasn't perfect, but there's a lot of fun to be had, whether it be using the ghosts of older characters, having fun with eugenics, fiddling with reclassing, etc.

Eh... I guess it's the only FE game I never ever would replay because this game featured almost nothing interesting for me.

Idc for the story (despite it became awful after defeating Gangrel) but even gameplaywise it didn't have much offer to me except for a total unbalanced pair up.

At least weapon durability still existed and brave weapons were useful.

You're not forced to use any of the thing that make the game god-easy. It's also for the sake of enjoying it more, instead of having anyone become a solo-machine. Hell, I thought of using Tharja, since I never do. I sold Nosferatu right off the bat, and also promoted her to Dark Knight, for whatever it's worth (I actually prefer Swords + better promotion gains, lol).

I've always liked had a more instant connection with the characters, here. Maybe that's why I had a muuuch easier time getting glued to it than I ever did with Fates Nohr.

another good thing is Lunatic. It's definitely freaking hard, assuming you don't avatar solo it and actually make a team. The chapters also feel like you've earned them (and, yes, this includes actually using what the game gives you).

It's soo much better. Granted, it still feels pretty easy, but I think I'm to blame, if only for low-manning for the first chapters (which means much stronger individual characters). These last Chroms have been insanely powerful for me, with constant Str/Skill/Spd/Def/Luck levels (mine had 19 Def...before promotion).

I'm not against Dual, since it's also rather inevitable. another thing, I allow Pair Up, if only in the form of "Rescue"-like mechanic. They don't actually take part in the fights.

The only dislike I have about this game is the enemy's same turn reinforcement. I used to play on Lunatic, then Lunatic+, and then dumbing it down to Hard mode, and finally Normal difficulty. I hated the grinding ever since I've done it on Lunatic and Lunatic+. It just turns the game into something that isn't turn-based strategy game anymore.

Now I prefer playing on Normal mode with handicaps so I don't overpower the enemy. That mean no pair-up, no exp grinding/skirmish with random risen spawn on map, and no low manning bc that's too easy. I will not play the paralogue until after the endgame. Anyway to limit experience gain to focus on least turn count is what I'll do. As for DLC, I'll only do those after I beat Grima.

That's just my way I suppose. I got sick of all the surprises from the same turn enemy reinforcements on Lunatic, Lunatic+, and Hard mode. Now that I'm getting older and started working more hours I feel that Normal is just the right difficulty for me. Normal difficulty doesn't force me to restart over and over to react to unexpected enemy spawn.

doesn't lunatic have to be unlocked by beating hard? i can't remember for sure now

No, the only difficulty unlock is Lunatic for Lunatic+ I believe.

Edited by TrueEm

I also agree there was some sort of middle ground between HM & Lunatic. Say, Maniac? HM feels a little too easy, even if you take No Pair Up/Tonics/Rallies into account. Lunatic is definitely challenging, and maybe a little too much if you aren't purposely solo'ing the first chapters with The avatar as well as heaily turtling & spoon-feeding kills to people. The enemies are pretty damn strong, and not in the most creative way.