Problem with FEditor

Hoshido Noble Red

So I downloaded the zip for FEditor, and I went under the Dict file (after unzipping it) and instead of an application or executable jar program I found another winrar folder. I've tried installing Java and removing .jars from Winrar's list of programs to open, and I still cannot find a way to open this. If someone could help me figure out what's wrong I'd appreciate it.

Well, I'm not sure how to help without more information. Check to make sure the original file actually had a .zip extension and not something like .tar. Make sure that after extracting the files that you're looking at the extracted folder and not the original downloaded file. It's possible that the extracted files end up in a different place than the original .zip file. You could also try a different extraction program like 7zip?

Edited by fox73x

No, I'm not missing anything

The .jar file for FEditor IS there, but It won't open as an application- it opens as a winrar file. I tried changing it to Java, but java just opens a command prompt and then closes it instantly.

A solution that you might not like is to simply not use Feditor.

No, wait, hear me out.

Feditor, in its quest to be helpful and user-friendly, does some shady stuff under the hood and has a nasty habit of breaking things that it shouldn't mess with (including, but not limited to, the vanilla cavalier animation, randomly eating text, and whatever disagreements it has with Nightmare 2 (which was made by the same person, go figure)). That's why some cool folks at FEU have taken it upon themselves to make it obsolete. So far, we have tools to do everything except custom spell animations in EA (something that will be featured in FEE3). Yes, it does have a slightly steeper learning curve and no friendly GUI; however, we have an excellent discord (search on the site for a link to it) that can help you get started, and EA will not break your ROM unless you tell it to.

Be the future. Ditch Feditor today.

This ad was brought to you by HETR (Hackers for the Ethical Treatment of ROMs).

A solution that you might not like is to simply not use Feditor.

No, wait, hear me out.

Feditor, in its quest to be helpful and user-friendly, does some shady stuff under the hood and has a nasty habit of breaking things that it shouldn't mess with (including, but not limited to, the vanilla cavalier animation, randomly eating text, and whatever disagreements it has with Nightmare 2 (which was made by the same person, go figure)). That's why some cool folks at FEU have taken it upon themselves to make it obsolete. So far, we have tools to do everything except custom spell animations in EA (something that will be featured in FEE3). Yes, it does have a slightly steeper learning curve and no friendly GUI; however, we have an excellent discord (search on the site for a link to it) that can help you get started, and EA will not break your ROM unless you tell it to.

Be the future. Ditch Feditor today.

This ad was brought to you by HETR (Hackers for the Ethical Treatment of ROMs).

I mean. I only picked it because every tutorial I've found says I have to use it... if you can link me to something better, as well as a tutorial on how to use it, then by all means go ahead. Otherwise, your suggestion kinda does nothing :/

The stuff is relatively new (like, developed within the past 3 months new), so the guides are still being written. This is probably a good starting point in ideas, although the Nightmare section is basically obsolete as well at this point. Hence why I suggested the discord. Depending on what you plan on doing, I can go into more detail.

The stuff is relatively new (like, developed within the past 3 months new), so the guides are still being written. This is probably a good starting point in ideas, although the Nightmare section is basically obsolete as well at this point. Hence why I suggested the discord. Depending on what you plan on doing, I can go into more detail.

Ok You've given me a guide, but no link to the program. I'm playing this by fairness by what I have access to.