If you could give the Royal Princesses sacred weapons what would they be ?

WinterOkami

I find it a bit funny how the princes have those badass weapons and represent their kingdom and all but what about their sisters ? Ispeak mainly for Elise who has a great potential to be a fantastic warrior stat and plot wise. So anyways what about their sisters, would you give them legendary weapons of your own imagination ? If so why. I am curious.

I did a thread on this before, I'll repost what I put there:

Camilla: The Dragon Axe Fáfnir.

Mt 14, Hit 75, Crit 10, Range 1. Grants wielder immunity to all post-battle skills (poison strike, seal defense, etc.)

Keeping the theme of all of the Nohrian legendary weapons being named after characters from the third opera of Richard Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen, Camilla's weapon is named after the dragon Siegfried did battle with. I also chose to keep the pattern of Nohrian legendary weapons being protective.

Elise: Merciful Shade

1 range, Heals equal to 10 HP plus half of your magic (as opposed to 1/3 like all other rods and staves) and grants immunity to status effects and debuffs for one turn. 3 uses, regenerates between battles.

Personally I thought all staves should have operated like this in-game, having limited uses per battle but never needing to be replaced, so the crippling issue of "too awesome to use" was eliminated for staves too, like it was with weapons. Again, keeping with the theme, her staff is a defensive one.

Hinoka: Suijin Naginata, The Water God Spear.

Mt 11, Hit 85, Ddg +10, Range 1. Grants wielder the pass ability.

Keeping with the naming theme, obviously, but also keeping with the theme of the Hoshidan weapons focusing on assault (power and agility), Hinoka's legendary weapon allows her to flow like water and pass through enemy formations unhindered, which, combined with her pegasus mount, grants her massive mobility.

Sakura: Empowering Light

Range 1-2. Heals (7 + Mag/2) HP and grants +2 Str/Mag/Spd/Skl until end of battle. 3 uses, regenerates between battles.

I'm a bit iffy on the balance of the stat specifics, but something along these lines would be interesting. I initially considered a debuff staff, y'know, the kind of thing that would've made Conquest an even bigger hell, but that didn't really seem her style.

Isn'it contradictory to give Hinoka a Suijin naginata when her name has "Hi" meaning fire in Japanese hence why her hair and temper ?

By the way Azura counts on this

Edited by WinterOkami

For Azura, they should have just made the Blessed Lance in her sprite picture her Prf weapon. Not sure about names, but... yeah...

It's baffling to me that she has that in her picture but can't use it unless you grind her lances like crazy.

I did a thread on this before, I'll repost what I put there:

Camilla: The Dragon Axe Fáfnir.

Mt 14, Hit 75, Crit 10, Range 1. Grants wielder immunity to all post-battle skills (poison strike, seal defense, etc.)

Keeping the theme of all of the Nohrian legendary weapons being named after characters from the third opera of Richard Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen, Camilla's weapon is named after the dragon Siegfried did battle with. I also chose to keep the pattern of Nohrian legendary weapons being protective.

Elise: Merciful Shade

1 range, Heals equal to 10 HP plus half of your magic (as opposed to 1/3 like all other rods and staves) and grants immunity to status effects and debuffs for one turn. 3 uses, regenerates between battles.

Personally I thought all staves should have operated like this in-game, having limited uses per battle but never needing to be replaced, so the crippling issue of "too awesome to use" was eliminated for staves too, like it was with weapons. Again, keeping with the theme, her staff is a defensive one.

Hinoka: Suijin Naginata, The Water God Spear.

Mt 11, Hit 85, Ddg +10, Range 1. Grants wielder the pass ability.

Keeping with the naming theme, obviously, but also keeping with the theme of the Hoshidan weapons focusing on assault (power and agility), Hinoka's legendary weapon allows her to flow like water and pass through enemy formations unhindered, which, combined with her pegasus mount, grants her massive mobility.

Sakura: Empowering Light

Range 1-2. Heals (7 + Mag/2) HP and grants +2 Str/Mag/Spd/Skl until end of battle. 3 uses, regenerates between battles.

I'm a bit iffy on the balance of the stat specifics, but something along these lines would be interesting. I initially considered a debuff staff, y'know, the kind of thing that would've made Conquest an even bigger hell, but that didn't really seem her style.

I'm totally down with these.

I actually started naming all the non-standard weapons (like, the ones that can only be obtained randomly) in my last Conquest run after other norse things; even though I called Camilla's Axe 'Idunn' (callback lol), Fafnir was one of the names I used as well, haha. I like this way better, though. Tie together the naming schemes of the three older siblings... I'm down. Suijin as well for the Hoshido trio, I approve.

For the two littlest sisters, I would have just given them staves with the same effect as the ones named after them but with unlimited uses. I agree about the limited staff use, it's definitely annoying.... hahaha... because any staff with limited acquisition potential is immediately relegated to either fodder uses (if it's not good) or NEVER being used (if it is).

Edited by BANRYU

Here's my stuff from the other thread:

The Vengeful Axe, Gudrun (or Kriemhild), for Camilla
Mt: 15
Hit: 70
Crit: 10
Range: 1-2
Effect: If unit has less than 50% HP, +5 damage inflicted
Named for Siegfried's wife Gudrun/Kriemhild, who murdered her two children with her second husband Alti and fed them to him at a feast in revenge for killing her family for the treasure formerly guarded by Fafnir, then killed him by setting the feast hall on fire.

Svanhildr, for Elise
Uses: 30
Range: [Mag/2]
Effect: Recovers [Mag/3+15] to one ally and grants them Skill +3 and Speed +3 (does not stack).
Named for the daughter of Siegfried and Gudrun, who was executed via trampling by horses after being accused of infidelity.

Amenonuhoko, the Heavenly Jeweled Spear, for Hinoka
Mt: 13
Hit: 85
Crit: 10
Range 1-2
Effect: Reverses terrain effects so that defense, hit and avoid bonuses become penalties
Named for the spear that Izanagi-no-Okami and Izanami-no-Mikoto used to create the first island of primordial Japan.

Kikurihime, for Sakura
Uses: 30
Range: 1-2
Effect: Recovers [Mag/3+20] HP and grants an ally Defense +3 and Resistance +3 for three turns (does not stack).
Named for Kikurihime, the Shinto goddess of negotiation who attempted to reconcile Izanagi-no-Okami and Izanami-no-Mikoto after their falling out.

Camilla

Pants

Description: increases the modesty of the wielder and increases the chance one is taken seriously by one's subjects.

Ah Thane, you and your never ending convenient jokes.