Could someone explain how DLC works in Fates?

Lyka

I have the conquest game cartridge, and i've bought and played Birthright on it 1st, so being finished with that path, I'm now playing Conquest, and I would like the ability to take time leveling up my units and take my time getting those S-Ranks and getting child units, but alas, in Conquest you can't really do that, so I'm debating getting some dlc, BUT HERE COMES THE REAL QUESTION:

If I buy the "Boo Camp" DLC for example, would I be able to play the Boo Camp DLC for all paths? Or in this case, just Conquest?

I know the not having the freedom to train your units is part of Conquest and yatta yatta yatta, but I digress.

Also i've noticed a path bonus that would get me some Dread Scrolls or Dragon Herbs, If I were to snag those now in Conquest, would they be available in another playthrough/another path?

If I buy the "Boo Camp" DLC for example, would I be able to play the Boo Camp DLC for all paths? Or in this case, just Conquest?

Yes, you can use them for all paths, assuming that they're all on one cartridge.

Also i've noticed a path bonus that would get me some Dread Scrolls or Dragon Herbs, If I were to snag those now in Conquest, would they be available in another playthrough/another path?

Yes, I think that they apply to every save file (I've never checked, so I could be wrong though).

Edited by Lightchao42

To add to that, Conquest is the only path where the other DLC maps give your units no experience at all. Also, unlike in Awakening, the Boo Camp monsters will level with you, and certain monsters will actually attack your units.

If you have trouble with money, I do recommend getting the Ghostly Gold DLC as well, since Conquest is notorious for giving you piss for money. However, if you're good about getting all the treasure, the only things you should really need money for are staves, vulneraries, and maybe a few extra weapons for allies who are poorly equipped, in which case a single playthrough of Ghostly Gold is more than enough to satisfy your needs. That is, unless you're playing Luny. Then depending on how you play, you'll be spending every last gold piece you get throughout the game.

Path bonuses apply to any save file so if you start a new playthrough you will get the same bonuses you did the last time. The only time path bonuses will change is if you only had Bithright and Conquest downloaded and then decided to download Revelations, then you would have extra bonuses added. As to DLC everyone above me has said what needs to be said.

I'm now playing Conquest, and I would like the ability to take time leveling up my units and take my time getting those S-Ranks and getting child units, but alas, in Conquest you can't really do that

I feel it's worth mentioning you can actually do this; even if you're lax about grinding supports in the main chapters, you can just use the Awakening DLC or My Castle battles to grind supports. I've done a couple conquest runs and gotten all the kids in each of them without any paid DLC.

Just so ya know