Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

Oh shit, read it wrong.

Either way, it's still pretty bad.

Regarding Oranguru and Smeargle, you're missing the fact that Smeargle can in fact use it, and can use whatever else it wants (besides Dark Void). Oranguru is literally just Instruct: The Pokemon, and it's bulk isn't even that good.

Ohhh. Right. *facepalm*

Smeargle is pretty much the ultimate example of "useless in the main game, amazing in competitive".

Anyways, new items:

Adrenaline orb: Increases speed by one when affected by intimidate (one time use)

Terrain Extender: boosts length of terrain moves and abilities by 3 turns

Protective Pads: Contact affects (ie Iron Barbs) have no effect on the holder

Electric seed: Boosts holders defense in Electric terrain (one time use)

Psychic seed: Boosts holders special defense in Psychic terrain (one time use)

Misty seed: Boosts holders special defense in Misty terrain (one time use)

Grassy seed: Boosts holders defense in Grassy terrain (one time use)

Terrain Extender... it's the weather wars all over again.

Edited by The DanMan

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other stuff on new Pokes:

Pyukumuku: 55/130/130 defenses sounds cool, except it gets NO damaging moves. Won't be used much at all.

Goliosopod: decent stats wasted by a shit ability

Pallosand: Seems a lot like Hippowdon without Sand Stream, and if you swapped Attack with Special Attack and gave it a Ghost type. Willing to call it the second best Poke after Water/Poison thing.

Silvally: 95 in everything seems cool, though underwhelming. Also gets Parting Shot.

Minior: 100/100/120 offenses after Shield Down sounds cool. You can buff yourself with Calm Mind/Autonomize.

Komala: Not good. Literal dex filler Normal type.

Turtonator: Dragon with Shell Smash seems cool.

Togedemaru: Spiky Shield + Iron Barbs sounds cool.

Mimikyu: It's ability will be the only thing that makes it good.

Bruxish: meh. Looks like Basculin.

Drampa: it's a special attacking Druddigon, and when did anyone use Druddigon?

Anchor: Grass/Ghost with Steel STAB. Just seems weird. Open to giving it a shot though.

All exclusive Z-moves:

Catastropika (Pikachu)
10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt (Pikachu w/cap)
Stoked Sparksurfer (Alolan Raichu)
Extreme Evoboost (Eevee)
Pulverizing Pancake (Snorlax)
Genesis Supernova (Mew)
Sinister Arrow Raid (Decidueye)
Malicious Moonsault (Incineroar)
Oceanic Operetta (Primarina)
Guardian of Alola (All 4 Tapus)
Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike (Marshadow)

So, in other words, if you're not from Gen 1 or Gen 7 than GTFO. At least that's more than the Kalos starters got.

EDIT: Also, gendered legendaries.

Solgaleo

This Pokémon is said to be a male evolution of Cosmog. At the activation of its third eye, it departs for another world.

It is said to live in another world. The intense light it radiates from the surface of its body can make the darkest of nights light up like midday.

Lunala

It is said to be a female evolution of Cosmog. When its third eye activates, away it flies to another world.

Said to live in another world, this Pokémon devours light, drawing the moonless dark veil of night over the brightness of day.

Edited by The DanMan

I'm pretty sold on the Mareanie and Toxapex line. Sure, it won't be terribly effective against steel types, but it has a lot of diverse options to handle everything else, as well as recover, venoshock + baneful bunker, and that one physical water type attack that lowers the opponent's defense. Merciless and regenerator are some pretty neat abilities too.

People is pissed with the slow-fest pokemon? Look in the UBs some insane things like Beauty pretty much be a Bug Deoxys

Also, the Water Poison guy is hella tanky.

Edited by Troykv

Does Minior's ability shields down actually increase its defense while it's still above 50% health? I know it negates status conditions, but if it doesn't increase its defense, then Minior's defenses might not even be good enough as is.

I've been messing around on my Alpha Sapphire copy, and it's pretty amazing just how much shit I ended up missing because I suck at directions even in a video game. There was basically a whole back route I'd never been to before. Also, it somehow took me this long to notice that the three Hoenn Pokemon I was using (Sceptile, Salamence, and Altaria) can all mega evolve. I mean, I knew that they all could. For some reason, it just didn't quite sink in that all my Hoenn Pokemon were doing it and my non-Hoenn ones were not. Lol.

Man, I wish that we could use ORAS items and mega stones in XY. My friends and I battle each other a lot, but there always seems to be at least one person so ORAS people can't use their mega stones. Not to mention, I would really, REALLY like a Mega Pidgeot, Gallade, Altaria, and Salamence on my Y team.

Out of curiosity (and because I dunno if this question was asked), which starters have you picked throughout all the Pokemon games you played, and which are you going to pick in Sun/Moon? Somehow I've gone from Chespin -> Treecko -> will be picking Rowlet.

-No move tutors. Of all patterns to break, this one isn't it My gosh, an actual legitmate criticism as far as I can tell!

> No move tutors

> Which means no Hydro cannon and the other two signature moves for fully evolved starters.

0/10 What a disappointment

No okay, joking aside, can I say that the story spoilers made me even more excited for S&M? Yes, we know the ending and everything, but I really can't wait to see how everything we heard was executed with my own eyes.

As I mentioned earlier I've always went for sweepers, fast pokemon with high special: Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken/Sceptile, Infernape, Delphox.

Now I'm choosing Rowlet because I don't like Incineroar's design and Primarina looks hella fem, so Robin Hood it is. After all, I like my shadowy pokemon. Idk if choosing Vikavolt, Pallosand, Mismagius, Salazzle and Decidueye or what. There's also Drampa and the fairy mushroom dude.

Are we really surprised at no move tutors? Aside from a few specific ones like the starter hyper beams, they never show up in the main paired versions of generations, only in enhanced versions or remakes(or sequels, in B/W2's case)

I've been messing around on my Alpha Sapphire copy, and it's pretty amazing just how much shit I ended up missing because I suck at directions even in a video game. There was basically a whole back route I'd never been to before. Also, it somehow took me this long to notice that the three Hoenn Pokemon I was using (Sceptile, Salamence, and Altaria) can all mega evolve. I mean, I knew that they all could. For some reason, it just didn't quite sink in that all my Hoenn Pokemon were doing it and my non-Hoenn ones were not. Lol.

Man, I wish that we could use ORAS items and mega stones in XY. My friends and I battle each other a lot, but there always seems to be at least one person so ORAS people can't use their mega stones. Not to mention, I would really, REALLY like a Mega Pidgeot, Gallade, Altaria, and Salamence on my Y team.

Out of curiosity (and because I dunno if this question was asked), which starters have you picked throughout all the Pokemon games you played, and which are you going to pick in Sun/Moon? Somehow I've gone from Chespin -> Treecko -> will be picking Rowlet.

...Boron, you do know this is the datamine and early copy thread, right?

...Boron, you do know this is the datamine and early copy thread, right?

Obviously I'd posted in the wrong place. This is what happens when you have two threads that are equally active, derp.

You could've just ignored it and saved me the embarrassment of pointing it out for everyone else to see, though

Edited by Sunwoo

You're kidding, right? Ice types such as Beartic and Alola Ninetales are much more viable competitively now.

Doubtful, they still have pitiful defensive typing, because thats Ice's inheritance flaw that they will never fix.

Obviously I posted in the wrong place. This is what happens when you have two threads that are equally active.

You could've just ignored it and saved me the embarrassment of pointing it out for everyone else to see, though

Yeah, I was mostly just really confused with your post.

My apologies for that.

Ice types are viable, defensive ice types are not. Ice having bad defensive capabilites does nothing to dampen how great it is offensively. Granted, GF seems to like trying to make defensive and stally Ice pokemon, but offensively minded ones such as Weavile and Kyurem-B show that the typing isn't dead in the water in OU.

Yeah, I was mostly just really confused with your post.

My apologies for that.

Eh, no worries. I really need to double check these threads.

So ... I hear that everything in this generation is horrendously slow?

Doubtful, they still have pitiful defensive typing, because thats Ice's inheritance flaw that they will never fix.

Ice types are viable, defensive ice types are not. Ice having bad defensive capabilites does nothing to dampen how great it is offensively. Granted, GF seems to like trying to make defensive and stally Ice pokemon, but offensively minded ones such as Weavile and Kyurem-B show that the typing isn't dead in the water in OU.

Basically this. From an offensive standpoint, Ice types have received a nice buff.

Another type which benefited greatly offensively is Bug. Leech Life has 80 BP now, Fell Stinger was bumped up to 50 so Mega Beedrill can find some use for it, and new mons such as Ribombee will find a nice home in competitive battling.

Eh, no worries. I really need to double check these threads.

So ... I hear that everything in this generation is horrendously slow?

Not everything, but most 'mons are really slow and bulky. Decidueye is the fastest fully evolved starter with 70 base speed, and few 'mons break 100.

It just feels weird that GF put in a bunch of slow, bulky 'mons- and then decided that things like Tapu Koko and Salazzle should have both good speed and offenses.

And then there's the UBs- half of them are ridiculously biased towards one or two stats while the other half are just plain average in every regard.

It really feels like GF did not make this gen with the meta-game in mind.