Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zygarde Perfect confuses me. If it hits half health, does it suddenly REGAIN a bunch of HP when it transforms?

We've known it can do that since it was revealed as part of the game.

Edit:

Grimsley gives you the ability to Page Sharpedo for Pokéride, it seems.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

That is a rather dissappointing change on stat values :V...

What is up with Marowak that is so sad ;_; I thought he might be useful if they gave him like 80 base speed or something... damn it gamefreak. They should have gotten like new bst... meh

Yeah, the reveal trailer showed its base HP going up and restoring health.

Sorry if I sounded a bit condescending before.

Nah, you're fine. It does make me rather excited. I'm curious to see just how well this thing plays out.

How did all of this come to be known btw? Did they just hack the demo or was there something else?

Dude got the game early from his workplace I think, then ripped the rom and uploaded it after playing a ways through it.

How did all of this come to be known btw? Did they just hack the demo or was there something else?

Edit: Ninja'd.[spoiler=More Story dump skimming]

Anabel is working for the International Police and investigating Ultra Beasts, it seems.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

This gen is fucking crazy.

Pelipper and Torkoal get Drizzle and Drought respectively, Gigalith and Vanilluxe get Sand Stream and Snow Warning respectively, a lot of stat changes and movepool revisions, and much more.

Gotta love how Masquerain got +20 to both sp. atk. and spd bases.

Swellow getting +20 sp. atk. makes it good for using Boomburst too!

Masquerain will actually be relevant now in competitive. It warms my heart to see one of my favorite bugs get some love.

Swellow's Specs Boomburst niche will make it better than both Exploud and Chatot just because it's way faster than both of them.

Edited by Zeems

So, the argument that Alolan Forms were to make Gen 1 pokemon more viable due to power creep seems to be entirely unfounded now that we see that they're just type swaps.

Still interesting roles they'll fill. Alola Marowak can still make use of Rock Head since that's its hidden ability. And now it has access to Flare Blitz.

Shame it's so slow, though.

@Espinosa: Yeah, Slush Rush on Beartic sounds killer.

EDIT: Z-Splash grants +3 Attack. Azumarill gets Splash...oh man.

Z-Conversion grants all stats +1. Based Porygon-Z plowing through.

Edited by Zeems

So, Alolan Vulpix and Shandshrew seem to be Sun and Moon exclusives respectively, as well as Turtonator and Drampa.

Why they didn't confirm this before, I have no idea.

Edited by The DanMan

So, Alolan Vulpix and Shandshrew seem to be Sun and Moon exclusives respectively, as well as Turtonator and Drampa.

This settles it then. I'm getting Sun.

Alolan Ninetales <3

Seriously, it gets Aurora Veil and Snow Warning. Getting 5 turns of all of Reflect, Light Screen and Hail (the last one isn't good but I've always wanted to use Hail seriously) sounds cool, especially Aurora Veil.

This guy though seems really good:

Toxapex

Poison/Water

Abilities: Merciless / Limber / Regenerator

HP: 50

Atk: 63

Def: 152

SpAtk: 53

SpDef: 142

Spe: 35

Merciless always crits on poisoned opponents. Not like it matters with those offensive stats though.

It gets Scald, Recover and Regenerator.

This settles it then. I'm getting Sun.

Alolan Ninetales <3

Seriously, it gets Aurora Veil and Snow Warning. Getting 5 turns of all of Reflect, Light Screen and Hail (the last one isn't good but I've always wanted to use Hail seriously) sounds cool, especially Aurora Veil.

I'm going to have to trade for it. There needs to be a trading thread up once the game comes out.

Welcome to OU, Toxapex. There's literally nothing I can think of that makes Tentacruel worth using over it other than Rapid Spin.

Yeeep.

This gen feels weird- we've got a few very good 'mons like Toxapex, some ubers-level monstrosities, and a lot of "meh"-ness.

VGC should be interesting next year, if only for no megas or primals.

My scattered thoughts on what I know so far:

Incineroar: Seems made for VGC. Fake Out + Intimidate is unique to it. It also gets Throat Chop to stop -ate Hyper Voices, though it loses to all of them.

Toucannon: Gimmick Skill Link set is better done by Cloyster and Cinccino. If it's sig move is like Razor Wind then it's definitely a shit mon.

Gumshoos: Stakeout is gimmicky, but you have the strongest attacks in the game if they switch. Doubtful that it will be good though.

Decidueye: Not great. Feels a lot like Torterra (who is faster than Decieueye fyi)

Ribombee: Seems interesting. It gets a lot of cool moves (Speed Swap does what it implies, and it has 124 speed. It's signature move Pollen Puff is Bug Buzz or Heal Pulse). You also get QuiverPass.

Araquanid: Shit

Lycanroc Day: Interesting solely due to the speed and Accelerock. It's also a Stealth Rock user in pre-Bank.

Lycanroc Night: Stone Edge+No Guard is cool I guess???

Crabominable: shit. Slow ice types don't work!!

Mudsdale: Needs a recovery attack to make it good. It's so close too!

Toxapex: Best new mon. If it's not OU, I will be surprised.

Primarina: Strongest Water type in VGC by a lot. Water type Hyper Voice will be cool too. That defense will keep it from OU though.

Oricorio: shit

Vikavolt: That speed kills it. It would actually be good without it.

Wishiwashi: Watch this one. It's a walking gimmick but it could be good; those schooling stats are too hard to ignore. It practically needs Sitrus Berry and a slow U-Turn to come in, because you don't want it taking hits.

Bewear: 125/80 defenses with Fluffy make it really bulky. It gets Bulk Up and Pain Split too. This one is worth watching, especially in the lower tiers.

Lurantis: Literally useless compared to Tsareena, who still isn't good from what I'm hearing. At least it's another defogger in low tiers.

Salazzle: Poisoning steel types sounds cool but it has Fire Blast for them anyways sooo? At least it's fast!

Shiinotic: Inevitably going to get compared to Amoonguss, but I think it has enough to stand out. Spotlight is ridiculous, as it can redirect all attacks to any Poke on the field, making it a better Rage Powder (your +3 mence wants to attack now. Here, attack your buddy instead!) Spore + Dream Eater is fun, and it gets Moonlight as well.

Tsareena: You're a physical grass type when you're strongest physical grass move is 70BP. PASS!

Comfey: Cool in VGC. Priority recover for teammates sounds cool. Otherwise, useless.

Passimian: Fighting type without an ability. It's literally a standard fighting type in every sense of the word.

Oranguru: It's kinda bulky, it Smeargle exists in VGC so no one will use this.

Decidueye: Not great. Feels a lot like Torterra (who is faster than Decieueye fyi)

Oranguru: It's kinda bulky, it Smeargle exists in VGC so no one will use this.

In what universe is 56 more than 70? Those are their base speed stats.

Also, you kinda said it yourself why Oranguru isn't bad- it's got some bulk, which Smeargle doesn't. Plus, it can make the same 'mon use a move twice in a turn, rather than having to rely on its own abyssmal stats and really being limited to status moves. Though it's a one-trick pony, it's got potential ahead of it and fits a different niche than Smeargle

Anyways:

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present, the stupidity of gamefaqs!

Let's list all the great features so far:

-Battle Tree with like 9 cameos Because everything that isn't the Battle Frontier is automatically shit, right?

-Like 15 Alolan Forms lmao It's 18, but I kinda see what's being said

-70 new Pokemon There's 83; X and Y had 72

-Sitting removed You're seriously counting THIS?

-Berry Tree lmao ...What are you even talking about?

-Most mons possibly not being very viable "Most", "possibly", "viable"; why are people so obsessed with competitive viability?

-Even less legendaries than XY So, 13 per version and 15 overall is less than the 4 you could get in one playthrough?

-No new Mega Evos at all. Technically dropped. Because we all know gamefreak didn't misuse Megas and just buffed already good 'mons to begin with

-Very few new moves The number jumped from about 610 to 700. What are you smoking?

-No move tutors. Of all patterns to break, this one isn't it My gosh, an actual legitmate criticism as far as I can tell!

-Not many other significant minigames or side things to do, just like in Kalos You've got a buttload more legendaries to catch on top of the Battle Tree = Battle Maison/Battle Subway. It's not HGSS/BW, but still.

-Recycled battle models, including the ugly flying ones people complain about despite Sky Battle being immediately dropped What people? Gamefaqs?

-Triples and Rotations dropped I think I speak for myself when I say that I literally forgot those formats were a thing.

I can't wait for this game!!!

I'll stop pasting this s*** now because I'm sure people who hate the game dont want to see me listing so much hype to counter their impression

People are already decreeing this the worst generation, even though they're only running actual comparisons to Plainum and HGSS (so basically just Battle Frontier bitching and glossing over the fact that the engines in those games were so restricted that battles themselves were significantly slower).

These overreactions and the general negativity is just plain ridiculous. Thankfully I don't have to deal with much of that elsewh- oh shit it's election day.

Edited by The DanMan

In what universe is 56 more than 70? Those are their base speed stats.

Oh shit, read it wrong.

Either way, it's still pretty bad.

Regarding Oranguru and Smeargle, you're missing the fact that Smeargle can in fact use it, and can use whatever else it wants (besides Dark Void). Oranguru is literally just Instruct: The Pokemon, and it's bulk isn't even that good.

Other stuff I've noticed:

Raticate-A: the only saving grace of regular Raticate was its speed and that's gone now so it's useless.

Raichu-A: it's minusculely better than regular Raichu (+5 SpA is all that matters), and the only new things it gets are Psychic, Psyshock and Calm Mind.

Sandslash-A: 65 spe with Slush Rush is decently fast, though it has no decent physical Ice STAB.

Ninetales-A: 'ey, I'll take some points from attack and put it into speed. I know you wanted Special Attack instead though.

Dugtrio-A: THEY TOOK AWAY ARENA TRAP ITS USELESS NOW!

Persian-A: better than regular Persian, but that's still not saying much

Golem-A: Galvanize is an Electric type Pixilate so it gets Electric Explosion. It lost STAB EQ though and it has the same stats.

Muk-A: It's the exact same Pokemon with Passimian's ability so it probably won't be good.

Exeggutor-A: probably still bad

Also, this is Aurora Veil's distribution:

Sandslash, Ninetales, Jynx, Articuno, Mew, Delibird, Regice, Glaceon, Froslass, Cryogonal

Froslass gets it and Spikes so it's probably the best, other than Mew.

Edited by Ema Skye