Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

Gamefaqs, people; Gamefaqs.

How will this Gen be remembered?

I'm going to be giving this game negative reviews anywhere I can.

this is the worst 20th anniversary I've ever seen for a franchise

Sun and Moon have managed to focus on the worst parts of XY...which is really, truly concerning. I keep saying the devs need to be replaced...

As the edgy gen. Let's hope it cuts itself too deep and Gen 4 remakes can save the day. Gen 4 remakes have a lot riding on it's shoulders

It's going to be the generation that said f*** YOU to the Pokemon Formula

(but then the biggest whiner and nitpicker "fixed" it to:

It's going to be the generation that said f*** YOU to long time Pokemon fans

This is both hilarious and painful. I'm starting to think that by frequenting Gamefaqs I'm becoming a masochist.

Anyways, here are Anabel's and Grimsley's cut ins:

Grimsley

SD0aCxG.png

Anabel

vmqr2MD.png

Is she over 40?

Also, these two UBs are version exclusives:

Blade (Sun)

Yruahv2.png

Blaster (Moon)

xPuZaKl.png

EDIT: Actually, here's every battle cut-in in the game:

Male

BHX1qQv.jpg

Favorites have to be Grampa Ryu and the Ace Trainer.

Female

nnIWsFw.png

Appears to be incomplete.

Edited by The DanMan

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's all of the trainer cut-in portraits. Note that it lacks the model stuff like Kukui's little punch thing as shown from the all battle intros video, so there may be a few missing. Some spoilers too.

[spoiler=Male]IhBjPM8.jpg

[spoiler=Female]sd5RDRf.png

Here's all of the trainer cut-in portraits. Note that it lacks the model stuff like Kukui's little punch thing as shown from the all battle intros video, so there may be a few missing. Some spoilers too.

[spoiler=Male]IhBjPM8.jpg

[spoiler=Female]sd5RDRf.png

Uhh... I just posted this above.

Uhh... I just posted this above.

I did not see that when I started making my post.

Also I don't see where on the female trainer image it shows that Lillie is fought at some point. You never fight her, unless it is at the Battle Tree, which wouldn't make sense because she would be in Kanto at that point.

Edited by Konnor97

Is it me or does Grimsley look significantly crazier than he did in BW/B2W2

His lines when he gives access to the Sharpedo Pokéride are in-character, but he just looks like he went bonkers in his cut-in.

Also, female backpacker design is the same as Gen V haha.

Is it me or does Grimsley look significantly crazier than he did in BW/B2W2

His lines when he gives access to the Sharpedo Pokéride are in-character, but he just looks like he went bonkers in his cut-in.

Also, female backpacker design is the same as Gen V haha.

He's definitely giving me a werewolf vibe more than a vampire one this time. Though why Grimsley and not Caitlin?

Apparently the male collector is just a pallet swap of the one from ORAS. More stuff for Gamefaqs to rant about.

He's definitely giving me a werewolf vibe more than a vampire one this time. Though why Grimsley and not Caitlin?

Apparently the male collector is just a pallet swap of the one from ORAS. More stuff for Gamefaqs to rant about.

Yeah he kinda does.

Yeah, even the pose is identical

Spr_B2W2_Backpacker_F.png

Yeah he kinda does.

Yeah, even the pose is identical

Spr_B2W2_Backpacker_F.png

At least the Gen V one didn't seem to be sticking her butt out as much.

I kinda want to use the Male Ace Trainer sprite as my avi, but I'm going to wait until the game releases.

I'm curious, I looked quickly through the thread and don't remember seeing anything about it, but are there lists of all the exclusives pokemon including non-gen 7 pokemons that are in the Alola dex?

The wild pokemon listings is probably the best spot. Just ctrl-F a regional mon, and since it is the Moon encounters, if it doesn't appear in either list it is a Sun exclusive. The harder part is guessing where it is located in Sun, but I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to guess what its Moon counterpart is.

I'll list the ones I know though. Only alolan mons though.

Sun - Moon

Solgaleo - Lunala

Buzzwole - Pheromosa

Kartana - Celesteela

Lycanroc Midday - Lycanroc Midnight (sorta because the other one can be found in the wild on the 4th island)

Passimian - Oranguru

Vulpix - Sandshrew

Edited by Konnor97

The wild pokemon listings is probably the best spot. Just ctrl-F a regional mon, and since it is the Moon encounters, if it doesn't appear in either list it is a Sun exclusive. The harder part is guessing where it is located in Sun, but I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to guess what its Moon counterpart is.

I'll list the ones I know though. Only alolan mons though.

Sun - Moon

Solgaleo - Lunala

Buzzwole - Pheromosa

Celesteela - Kartana (I presume going on both being UB-04 and dex order)

Lycanroc Midday - Lycanroc Midnight (sorta because the other one can be found in the wild on the 4th island)

Passimian - Oranguru

Vulpix - Sandshrew

Kartana is in Sun.

EDIT: Actually, here's every battle cut-in in the game:

Male

BHX1qQv.jpg

Favorites have to be Grampa Ryu and the Ace Trainer.

Female

nnIWsFw.png

Appears to be incomplete, but one of them seems to be a definite spoiler

that you fight Lillie at some point.

Oh my goodness Mallow's cut in is so adorable! Edited by Emerson

Oh my goodness Mallow's cut in is so adorable!

Just really looked at it. Not a big fan of the "moe" look, but Mallow was my favorite TC and that hasn't changed.

Something that I'm sure a fair few of you are wondering- why certain UBs look like humans.

It's entirely coincidental... except in the case of UB01, where it's actually inverted. Lusamine had Lillie alter her appearance to match UB01's (in the finale Lillie undoes her braids and ditches the hat). Reason why? UB01 releases a neurotoxin when bonding, making the target fall in love with it and exagerrating the target's personality. Lusamine was doing research into the UBs because her husband disappeared while researching them, and she wanted to try and go into the "Ultra Realm" to get him back. UB01 is- obviously -the 1st UB discovered and the one her husband researched.

So, through simple survival mechanisms UB01 tore a family apart.

Tl;DR "The story's kiddie and as bad as X and Y's" my ass.

Surprised Solrock and Lunatone aren't exclusives.

I'm surprised they have no relevance to the games at all, considering the names Sun & Moon. I guess it was just too obvious of a thing for them to do.

Oh, BTW, bottle caps can be gotten from shops on Join avenue.

Bronze caps max one stat and gold caps raise all by six.

So the only thing you need to worry about is nature- making a competitive 'mon just got a hell of a lot easier.

Edited by The DanMan

Oh, BTW, bottle caps can be gotten from shops on Join avenue.

Bronze caps max one stat and gold caps raise all by six.

So the only thing you need to worry about is nature- making a competitive 'mon just got a hell of a lot easier.

That's a lot better than I expected. Poor Ash-Greninja though. Are there Silver caps?

That's a lot better than I expected. Poor Ash-Greninja though. Are there Silver caps?

Not that I can tell. Bronze to gold does seem odd, though.

Some people have suggested that there should be a black bottle cap that allows you to lower/revert stats.

Hyper training is just what i have been waiting for. Yes finally they realized that not everyone wants to spend days making one damn good pokemon, much less 6 of them.