Power Rangers 2017 Trailer

Jedi

As a fan of the cheesy series, be it when it actually went kinda serious (In Space/RPM) or just stayed in goofy traditions (see original MMPR, Zeo etc).

One thing remains, I love Power Rangers and heck I love Super Sentai, This trailer was a bit different then I expected, they are taking it down quite a bit more of a serious path, seems more aimed at YA or heck fans of MMPR who were kids back then and wanted to maybe see something more gritty.

I'm interested in it, but i'm a little worried that it wasn't cheesy/goofy, but i'm not against darker & edgier takes, this one may be more balanced and the trailer may just be more serious in tone, not sure overall.

From what I've seen of the suits, they look like a mixture of the old Mighty Morphin suits & Fallout power armor which i'm A-ok with.

Also someone I know said this is basically the Breakfast Club but with Power Rangers, and I can't disagree haha

Edited by Jedi

This trailer has me so hyped, I've been a Ranger fan since 2003 with the release of Power Rangers: Dino Thunder, so it's great to see them taking a more serious approach to the franchise while also having the regular TV series that kids can watch.

Jason David Frank (the original Green Ranger) has also now been in serious talks about an anthology series spinoff explaining a lot about the lore of the Power Rangers. (This could also be where they fix the massive plot hole in Dino Super Charge, but if you don't know what it is, then I won't spoil you).

I'm really glad the series is getting some love again and hopefully the series can return to it's Disney Era popularity.

This trailer has me so hyped, I've been a Ranger fan since 2003 with the release of Power Rangers: Dino Thunder, so it's great to see them taking a more serious approach to the franchise while also having the regular TV series that kids can watch.

Jason David Frank (the original Green Ranger) has also now been in serious talks about an anthology series spinoff explaining a lot about the lore of the Power Rangers. (This could also be where they fix the massive plot hole in Dino Super Charge, but if you don't know what it is, then I won't spoil you).

I'm really glad the series is getting some love again and hopefully the series can return to it's Disney Era popularity.

Yeah I saw that Jason David Frank was doing that, and I love the guy, he's still so great.

I don't know what to think. I'm still going to see it.

Yeah I'm kinda wondering about it all still, but I'll be seeing it for sure.

I liked the trailer a lot because of Halsey playing in the background, and it looks pretty interesting overall.

Agreed.

Eh, as long as it keeps in mind it's source material and is self-aware about things it'll probably be okay.

I think it might try a mixture of serious and self-awareness, but i'm not sure.

I am not sure about this. PR has never been my childhood and the trailer looks extremely generic with rebellious kid, nerd kid, leader kid, bla bla bla "accidently" meet the others and form a team to fight evil. The special effects are not even good and the action scenes in the trailer look like they are made and directed by amateurs. It seems like....Dragon Balls Evolution. People are so easy to hype these days or they just have really low standard or something.

Edited by Magical CC

I am not sure about this. PR has never been my childhood and the trailer looks extremely generic with rebellious kid, nerd kid, leader kid, bla bla bla "accidently" meet the others and form a team to fight evil. The special effects are not even good and the action scenes in the trailer look like they are made and directed by amateurs. It seems like....Dragon Balls Evolution. People are so easy to hype these days or they just have really low standard or something.

Well in the original Mighty Morphin series, the characters were basically walking descriptions of themselves. Jason-the leader, Zack-the black guy dancer, Billy-the nerd, Trini-Asian martial artist, and Kimberly-valley girl. Now we have, Jason-the troubled character who did something wrong and feels bad about his mistake, Zack-no freaking clue actually considering we saw next to nothing about him, Billy-a mentally troubled smart kid that gets bullied, Trini-Same as Zack, though I'm guessing she has a form of anxiety, and Kimberly-rebellious teenager (generic, but hopefully we learn more about her in the movie).

How can you tell if the action scenes or effects are good? We didn't even see a full morph or a fight scene!

I'm hyped because this looks like a reboot and something I've dreamed about since I was a kid. It makes me very excited for the future of the franchise and hopefully it becomes a massive hit. Maybe even Disney will buy back the rights for the TV show. Probably not going to happen, but you never know! This is what hype is and I'm excited to see all the awesome scenes with Bill Hayder as Alpha 5 and Bryan Cranston as Zordon. Stuff like that just makes me more hyped, so yes I'm easily hyped, but that's not a bad thing.

Crap, I went on a bit of a rant, sorry.

Edited by Gokai Doctor

How can you tell if the action scenes or effects are good? We didn't even see a full morph or a fight scene!

The jump scene, it's shit. The 1:44 "I know kung-fu" dance, it's lame. Also, there's a big different between the original series and this movie. The stereotypes in the original series were made to be funny in a comical way. They actually serious about the stereotypes in the new movie. They take themselves serious. Being edgy and serious dont suit it at all especially when the characters perform the PR "I am dangerous" pose.

Then again, I never liked PR that much anyway.

Edited by Magical CC