Sprites of TheGreatXyz

TheGreatXyz

I'm TheGreatXyz, and I hope you enjoy this gallery. I'm starting this sprite gallery as a way to improve, and I am looking for critique.

Credit to NICKTofficial for the NICKT collection with.

First Up, I have Xyz, an oc and the namesake of my account. A splice of FE7 portraits and some from the NICKT collection.

lGRsKRE.png

Next, a personal portrait, though I do not have green hair. Made from sprites from FE7.

QYEr7FA.png

Then, another original character, this one named Tsabhira. Splice of two FE7 thieves.

bnUGRCr.png

Next, another character, named Agent Smash. Splice of some NICKT collection and various FE7 characters.

6s2gAB1.png

Followed by another character, this one named Tik. Splice of FE7 characters.

PSzxUIm.png

Finally, a semi-custom portrait, the first one I've ever done, Forrest/Foleo from Fire Emblem Fates, Hair taken from FE7 because I couldn't figure out how to sprite the curls. Nose, eyes, and mouth also taken from other portraits, the nose was slightly edited, the eyes were recolored and positioned differently than the original, mouth mostly the same.

ck0iQfg.png

Edited by TheGreatXyz

Noticed some things when looking at your portraits.

6s2gAB1.pngbnUGRCr.png For portraits like these, they don't use traditional GBA colors. It's most noticeable with your outlines, and black colors. Try not to create custom colors when you're starting off, it'll most likely end up messy. Good first attempt though!

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to keep that in mind. Now that I look at it again its really noticeable on the white armor that the outline is much darker than normal.

Anyways I made a couple more portraits.

Green General

DMV5cNw.png

Yellow Paladin

hEXLdkR.png

I liked doing both of those, so I'll probably end up making a portrait for each color like that.

Edited by TheGreatXyz

Is the grey skinned character inspired by the Mars Clan from Golden Sun by any chance? Either way, I like the look.

The yellow palidan's bandana seems to go past his head on the left side. Other than that, its a fine splice.

Good work so far.

No, I've never played Golden Sun, so I don't know what that is. I see what your saying about the yellow paladin, I think its mostly due to the different perspectives of the head and bandanna. I'll definitely keep that in mind for further splicing.

After the feedback, I have decided to redo Tsabhira, so here's Tsabhira Mark II.

PyELCCT.png

I couldn't find any references for skin that dark, so I used Hawkeye's instead this time, I also gave her a new set of clothes.

In addition, I have another portrait.

Blue Wyvern Knight

DvuCeEg.png

Edited by TheGreatXyz