Upcoming DLCs in Japan?

Well that doesn't really justify the existence of Bold Stance, Beast Shield and Wing Shield as skill items...

I wish they would have given us Bold Stance at least. Why give us Paragon when we could of had a unique mechanic to play with?

I agree with what others have said, however. We are probably done with Fates DLC, for Japan and America.

some were used as enemy only skill in Conquest

they probably added them as skill scrolls at the last miniute, I think we can tell just based off of the amiibo classes being the only gender locked classes because they reuse the same body models

Honestly, I think DLC is done for both Japan and USA/Europe.

There's nothing to indicate the Festival DLC's are coming to America. I get that they have a lot of dialogue, but you'd think there would at least be a release date hinted at by now.

I feel like everyone at Nintendo has moved on from Fates, probably focusing on Fire Emblem Mobile.

Honestly, I think DLC is done for both Japan and USA/Europe.

There's nothing to indicate the Festival DLC's are coming to America. I get that they have a lot of dialogue, but you'd think there would at least be a release date hinted at by now.

I feel like everyone at Nintendo has moved on from Fates, probably focusing on Fire Emblem Mobile.

I'm keeping an eye on the "festival as a Halloween special" possibility... If I don't see it on the list of dlc to purchase, let alone a notification that tells me it's available for purchase, by the morning of next Friday, the 28th, after 00:01 hours(or 12:01 AM) UTC time, I'll have to conclude that the festival DLC is Japanese-exclusive, and that Nintendo has no plans to change that, meaning the dlc is locked to japan for all eternity, or at least until the copyrights for Fire Emblem expire next century or maybe a little bit past 2100, due to the fact that Nintendo's execs have to pass away in order to trigger the 95-120 year countdown to the time their works become public domain, and then, and only then, can I play the festival dlc in America w/o having to learn Japanese and/or download an emulator to alter the source code for better understanding of script w/o the danger of breaking copyright laws and getting in law trouble... So, either I see the dlc next week, or I wait for Nintendo's departure from the gaming industry, and subsequent dying of their figureheads for the dlc to become public domain... By then, though, who knows if I'll be still alive to play the festival dlc, with or without nintendo's involvement in terms of translation and localization(whether by official means or unofficial means that involve copyright expiration and/or entry into public domain", as by the time the dlc enters public domain, I could be 124+ years old, assuming I'm still walking on earth by that time, but please Nintendo, don't give me the message that I have to either learn Jap, or wait until my potentially-last-legs-of-life years just to play the festival dlc, and even then, don't make me obtain another device(emulator) after the expiration of your copyrights just to play it... Next week will tell all...

I really wish they would give us a solid answer on whether or not we can ever expect the festival maps here. I've been waiting nonstop since the Japanese release for them just for the rewards they give. It would be an extreme waste on their part to just not release it at all when they could simply do something cheap like just remove all the conversations and still get plenty of dough from those of us that just want the items the maps provide.

And if the DLC is all over now, I must say I am extremely disappointed in the Fates DLC compared to the awakening DLC. The fact that most the Fates DLC maps force you to play with not your units made them suck. And it feels incomplete without a 5 star difficulty map (where you use your own units) and a bunch of skills left inaccessible.

As I may have mentioned elsewhere, I'm honestly really confused with the DLC situation for both Japan and the West. It almost seems like they just gave up at the end for reasons I can't fathom.

Only explanations I can think of is that the dev team has already moved onto the next FE game (possibly FE mobile) or they're STILL busy making the final Japanese DLC and Nintendo of America/Europe are waiting for that to be completed before releasing all of the DLC in one go (festival DLC + whatever else Japan gets).

I totally agree, the DLC right now just feels... incomplete compared to Awakening, which is a shame since Fates's DLC is overall a lot more polished than Awakening's.

I dont think its done. They would of given an official announcement by now, much like Awakening did. They also havent released a challenge map like Apotheosis. I am hoping they also release extra characters/maps like the free stuff in Awakening (the characters from previous games that could be challenged, the extra characters like Priam, etc.)

Just wait for something Official. With the Switch on Nintendo's hands and the FE mobile game on IS, I imagine DLC is on a back-burner right now, but that doesnt mean its done.

Given that FE mobile is being worked on and the NS (Nintendo Switch) is set to release in March, the teams may be busy engaging in higher priority projects, both localization and development.

I haven't properly played Fates since March or so and didn't pick up the Kid DLC. A part of me has archived it to the backlog (I still need to beat Revelations, work on postgame, and sone DLC), and a big thing with that is because I played all three routes at once and it was FE overload. Next time I would prefer a polished single campaign with post-game content (and DLC) instead of three separate stories.

Back to the DLC, I'm surprised the Festivals have not been released yet if just for not having access to the class seals. Then there is the fact that there are no challenge map missions or the ultimate showdown like in Awakening. I was really looking forward to messing around with the Bold Stance skill, but it seems it shall remain unobtainable.

Either way, while I would still like to see Fates DLC finished, I don't see it happening. I think I'll be more hyped for a new Fire Emblem game instead of a Fates DLC announcement unless they came up with something crazy.

Hmm, nothing announced for Europe for this week's eShop content. No info about North America yet, but it looks like they missed the chance to tie-in with Halloween.

Oh yeah, having three separate stories may have inadvertently influenced the rest of the DLC. Perhaps the devs got burned out in the end--or the fans did and were hesitant to buy the remaining DLC.

It's not just the DLC, there are other things strangely missing, like that manga that was announced last year and meant to release during the same year (and never did), unless the announcement was an elaborate hoax.

There might still be a chance for the winter holidays. Hopefully they'll release them by the end of 2016...

Meanwhile, is it safe to assume that the DLCs are already done in Japan? That would be a real shame because I was looking forward to see a possible Apotheosis in Fates... : [

Dont forget the time we waited between the waves 2 & 3 in japan.

Remember, it took 5 months ans yet we've waiting 7 months since the last wave.

Besides, the only hope I have is the fact that the artbook from FE14 isn't released yet.

Yeah this is mostly because they're releasing the artbooks from Tellius, but why they didn't sold the one from FE14 ?

Besides, there left 2 DLC in Europe and America, i will not be surprised if they're waiting new DLC.

But the OST is actually out, so I think we'll not have a new pack. Mostly because they could added Roy's Amiibo.

Anyway, it's sure they planed at a moment to make a new wave of DLC.

Meanwhile, is it safe to assume that the DLCs are already done in Japan? That would be a real shame because I was looking forward to see a possible Apotheosis in Fates... : [

As far as I know, it's completely up in the air or we wouldn't be discussing the upcoming DLC every other month XD

I still maintain there were plans for more DLC, leading up to at least one 5-star map, as well as ways to obtain Bold Stance and the other unused skill manuals.

However, as for whether those plans have been cancelled or not, we'll never know until IS announces the next mainline Fire Emblem or something.

Miatt makes a good point about the OST being released, which *probably* means they're not planning to release any new music (to accompany the new hypothetical DLC). That said, it's possible the new DLC just won't have new music and will simply recycle music that already exists.

I suspect they're going to release new DLC every few months over a 1-2 year period, similar to the free Pokemon distribution over Wifi and visiting GameStop. They have to much DLC released atm from Revelation to HoF that people are still finishing up that releasing new DLC would be pointless because no one would purchase it if they still have other Fates DLC in the backlog. Besides, no reason to rush from their perspective since they have FE15 release date for the Switch in 2018 (JP)/2019 (worldwide), we don't.

I don't think they'll release FE15 for the Switch, I still think they'll stick to the more handheld like the 3DS. Sure the system is 5 years old, but they can still do A LOT with it especially considering they can make the games N3DS exclusive, as that version of the system is only what like not even 2 years old?

Sure kiddo, believe whatever helps you sleep at night =].

Nintendo already said that the Switch isnt taking priority in regards to the mobile department. As they said, the Switch is a home console first. The New 3ds is still, well, new. It has been upgraded to run things like Xenoblade X. I doubt they would just up and drop a system like that.

Source?

There isnt one. Outside of Zelda there hasnt been official announcements of games yet. You can use some common sense to know that Skyrim Special Edition and some other games they showed with the preview will likely release, but that is it. I highly doubt they will move Fire Emblem to the Switch. Fire Emblem is one of their main draws to their handheld systems, and as I said above Nintendo already said the Switch is a home console first. They clearly aren't dropping the N3DS anytime soon, so I all but guarantee that FE15 will be a 3DS release.

Edited by Tolvir

Nintendo already said that the Switch isnt taking priority in regards to the mobile department. As they said, the Switch is a home console first. The New 3ds is still, well, new. It has been upgraded to run things like Xenoblade X. I doubt they would just up and drop a system like that.

There isnt one. Outside of Zelda there hasnt been official announcements of games yet. You can use some common sense to know that Skyrim Special Edition and some other games they showed with the preview will likely release, but that is it. I highly doubt they will move Fire Emblem to the Switch. Fire Emblem is one of their main draws to their handheld systems, and as I said above Nintendo already said the Switch is a home console first. They clearly aren't dropping the N3DS anytime soon, so I all but guarantee that FE15 will be a 3DS release.

I could see the Nintendo Switch getting a Fire Emblem title, but not because it's 'mobile'. Like you said, the Switch appears to be a home console first and its portable design philosophy seems different than the 3DS. That said, with Fates' amazing financial success, they might find it a worthy investment to make a console Fire Emblem (if the Switch is similarly successful). I think they will wait to see how well the Switch does before they try to make a Fire Emblem game for it, however.

Edited by NekoKnight

I could see the Nintendo Switch getting a Fire Emblem title, but not because it's 'mobile'. Like you said, the Switch appears to be a home console first and its portable design philosophy seems different than the 3DS. That said, with Fates' amazing financial success, they might find it a worthy investment to make a console Fire Emblem (if the Switch is similarly successful). I think they will wait to see how well the Switch does before they try to make a Fire Emblem game for it, however.

Yes and No.

If nintendo says "you must develop a Fire Emblem Title for the launch of the Switch", you could be sure the next game will be on this console.

Besides, the Switch is mostly the successor of the 3DS(and the Wii U), so release a title for an old console is unlikely.

And because we don't really know games who will come out for the 3DS in 2017, it's mostly because the Switch will be the only console.

I honestly hope FE15 is on Switch and not 3DS. Not because of power or teh graphicz or whatever, but because releasing it on the 3DS would mean releasing it at the tail end of the 3DS's run, and that would mean a very high risk of the game getting FE12'd.

I honestly hope FE15 is on Switch and not 3DS. Not because of power or teh graphicz or whatever, but because releasing it on the 3DS would mean releasing it at the tail end of the 3DS's run, and that would mean a very high risk of the game getting FE12'd.

That is a possibility, though given the series' newfound popularity, I think such a game would have no problem getting localized.

Yeah, I'm not gonna second-guess if Switch is going to be the 3DS successor as well or if there's a separate 3DS successor, but I'm pretty confident a FE12 situation won't be happening in the near future.

FE12 was a tragic consequence of arriving late and arriving at a time when the series sales was reaching a low point.

A better comparison would be FE8, which arrived at the tail end of the GBA's lifespan, but was still localised following FE7's great success.