Any recommendations for PS3 games?

Busterman64

I plan on getting a PS3 sometime in the future(and before you ask, I'm usually a game generation behind anyway and I'm not getting a PS4 for sometime. If it was backwards compatibly for PS3 games, then maybe, but it isn't. There are a lot of games I want to play it on PS3......most of which I have forgotten at the moment) and minus a few game I know for fact I'm getting(Tales of. games, Sonic, Persona 5 and Persona Arena)...I don't have many games in mind to get...

So...I'm asking for help on what games I may want to get. It doesn't matter what genre it is......well...except horror games(I'm not good with those...call me a chicken, I don't care :Haar: ). Other than that, throw at me whatever suggestions you got.(I might even remember some games I wanted!)

(Although...Rpg/Jrpg's and strategy games are more liked in my book, I'm open to try new stuff!) :Joshua:

PS3-New-625x350.jpg

Notttttt sure if it is going to be up your alley, but I like Demon's Souls

Considering I'm tempted to try Sonic 06 (for my morbid curiosity, despite seeing on Youtube how bad it can be), at least I'll be dying more to high difficulty than bullcrap! ;P

Wellllll. I can list games that I enjoy. I really enjoyed Bioshock 1 & Infinite. The Last of Us is good. If you like character action games, I would suggest the Devil May Cry HD Collection and Devil May Cry 4 (though if you plan on getting a ps4, I would say wait on 4), Metal Gear Rising. I would say Bayonetta, but if you have a Wii U, just get to be Bayonetta 1 & 2 bundle. Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Collection: it has Birth by Sleep, which is pretty great on Console in my opinion.

Games to consider include...

Klonoa (PSN, but there's a very nice Wii remake)

Gradius V (Developed by Treasure)

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+

Galaga Legions DX

Valkyria Chronicles

Okay since you're being really unspecified i'm just gonna recommend a bunch of games to you in different genres and say you should read there reviews to see if you're personally interested in them. There's more games I could recommend as I keep up with generations but I think this is good for now.

Shooters

Bioshock 1, 2(The story is not as good, but don't listen to the haters it is a good game if you appreciate shooters) & Infinite

The Last of Us

Uncharted 1, 2, 3

Crysis 2

Puzzle/Plaformers

Portal 2

Catherine

Sly: Thieves in Time (and Sly HD trilogy if you haven't played those before)

Heavy Rain (be warned this game is a hard M it has nudity that is entirely avoidable, this one's more of those new style aventure games)

Journey (Digital only, unless you buy a collection which contains both it, Flower & Flow)

Flower (Digital only)

Unfinished swan (Digital only)

Telltale's: The Walking Dead season 1

BloodRayne: Betrayal (Digital Only)

Little Big Planet 2

Action/Adventure

Infamous 2

Batman Arkham Asylum & City ( i'm really sick of this type of game is as whole now but I did enjoy these two games)

Okami HD (Digital only)

Team ICO collection (contains HD ports of ICO & Shadow of the Colossus)

RPGs

Mass Effect Trilogy

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Fallout 3 & New Vegas

Skyrim

Misc.

Dishonored (stealth/action game)

XCOM: Enemy Within (turn based strategy game quite like fire emblem)

Edited by Locke087

Tales games, and lost dimension. LD plays like codename steam with a twist being that there are traitors and every so often you have to kill off someone but have to try to find out which one is a traitor

Seconding Valkyria Chronicles, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, the Souls games, and the Mass Effect Trilogy (this one in particular is a lot of time value for your dollar). I would also recommend:

- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (RPG with really good combat)

- Vanquish (fast-paced third person shooter)

- The ICO Collection (contains ICO, a slow-paced puzzle platformer, and Shadow of the Colossus, a fast-paced puzzle platformer involving really big things)

- the many Atlus games available, especially their RPGs

I also hesitantly suggest that you check out Kingdoms of Amalur since the combat's really fun, but it comes with a warning that the writing is pretty bland. I personally had a lot of fun with it despite initial impressions, but you might not. I dunno if there's still a demo available, so if not get something else.

Edited by Knight Falchion