Revelation Lunatic LTC

ruadath

[spoiler=Turn Counts and Links to Videos]Prologue (2 turns)

Chapter 7

Credit to MoogleBoss for the general idea of skipping half the map by having Felicia Lunge over the wall via the archer into the boss room. Nominally a 6-turn clear with the Rescue staff was possible by splitting Corrin and Felicia, but the level of RNG manipulation was too high (Felicia can't 2RKO the Ninjas by herself, so she would have to low% crit them)...

Felicia's Mag is high enough (with the Tonic + Bonus) that she can clear the almost the entire map using just Ember; I only used the Disrobing Gale at the very end for extra Mt so I didn't have to crit the boss. Although it seems like she has to dodge a lot of attacks, she really only needs to dodge the archers, who pull 40-50% hit rates on her (depending on whether or not she's paired up with Corrin).

Corrin also isn't really in any danger of dying as long as he dodges at least one attack on the first EP; in addition to the Yato, I gave him a Bottle to improve the strat's reliability by increasing his hit rate on the Ninjas to nearly 100.

As for Gunter, we need him to seize on the final turn, and he has a slightly better chance of critting the axe guy (5%) than moving into position and surviving getting attacked by both the fighter and the myrmidon.

So overall, total chances of success are roughly 1 in 1000 or so... which I'm very happy with.

A 6 turn clear with the Rescue staff is nominally possible, but the odds are horrendously low, since Corrin and Felicia have to split up after turn 2.

Edited by ruadath

Chapter 8

I ended up getting a bit "luckier" in this clear than I needed to; the things that need to be rigged are Felicia pulling off a low% crit on the myrmidon on the first turn, dodging 2 archers, and Azura making a dodge (too lazy to calculate total odds, roughly it's probably also around 1 in 1000).

However, Gunter ended up dodging an attack too, which meant that instead of retreating to the NE corner of the room on the last turn (where he is safe from all the enemies), I had him attack the Shrine Maiden for some EXP. Corrin pulled off a Dragon Fang on Yukimura, although it obviously wasn't necessary (as long as he connects all 4 hits, which can be a bit shaky).

Chapter 9

Fuga is a tough cookie to take down, since Corrin doesn't get the benefit of a pair up partner to do so, and you can't crit him. I needed (after tonics), +1 Spd to double, and +2 Str to take him out with only one Dragon Fang activation... so Mess Hall was abused to get that (otherwise I would have had to rig 2 Dragon Fang procs).

Edited by ruadath

It has always been weird to see Felicia in this LTC instead of Jacob. Though, it makes sense considering you need a Flier with good 2-range and Lunge for these clears instead of a Paladin.

By the way, the Chapter 6 link in the OP links to Conquest Chapter 6 and not Rev.

Chapter 10

Pretty reliable 5 turn clear, with the boss falling to a Killing Edge crit from Corrin. Will he ever be reclassed?

I sold the Goddess Icon as well as Felicia's Heal staff to have enough money for the Kodachi + Tonics.

Edited by ruadath

OK... I've got a 3-turn clear (nearly) planned out here, but I need to figure out a way to get Reina to ORKO Master Ninjas with an Iron Yumi. She's 5 short in Mt and 3 short in Spd without any pair-ups, and she has one turn free to use a Tonic. Let's be generous and say I give her a Rainbow Tonic during that turn, so that goes down to 3 in Mt (Str) and 1 in Spd.

I can't really get the boosts out any pair up other than Spear Master!Oboro, but she can't reach Reina in time... so the only thing that seems reasonable is an Iron Yumi forge (+ Saizo pair up, which means I can replace the Rainbow Tonic with a Str Tonic)... which is really quite a shame since I was hoping to do the run without any forges...

I suppose another alternative is to rig two low%crits for her with the Iron Yumi, but that doesn't sound particularly pleasant (and it will make setting up Reina for good levels throughout the rest of the playthrough much more challenging)

Any ideas how to approach this (and possible alternatives)? Or do you think I should just go with the forge?

EDIT: Something else I thought of but forgot to include in here is using an Arms Scroll (instead of the Tonic) on Reina and giving her a Steel Yumi for a net +4 Mt (3 from the Steel Yumi, 1 from Weapon Rank)... but this leaves her 6 short on Spd, so a Saizo/Orochi pair up still leaves her 3 points too slow...

Edited by ruadath

There's nothing inherently wrong with forging, it's just something that I would like to avoid in my playthrough, if for no other reason than the fact that it's expensive (+2 Iron Yumi forge is 3000G, and I only have about 5k right now), and Lottery (or other methods of infinite money grinding) is definitely banned in this run.

I guess I have some other philosophical qualms about forging, mostly related to the fact that it's impossible to randomly obtain the ores for forging from talking to your units, making it a borderline "internet" feature, but I guess that's not super important.

Anyway, I can probably get around this by giving up picking up the Master Seal, which really isn't that big of a sacrifice.

Edited by ruadath

Saizo+Str tonic+Iron Yumi forge is probably the best way. Everything else requires a rainbow tonic/Darting Blow+Str tonic and somebody from the main group as pair-up bot.

Forging costs less the further you get since you can just use the inventory of whoever joins you to make forges. Resources still need to be grinded in the Arena, though.

I say allow visiting other castles to get ores. It's bad design that the ore you get is randomly selected for each playthrough and you should allow yourself to circumvent that. It's not really an "internet mechanic" because in contrast to pay2win features like DLC classes it's possible to obtain each type of ore without internet and using the internet is just a more convenient way to do it.

I say allow visiting other castles to get ores. It's bad design that the ore you get is randomly selected for each playthrough and you should allow yourself to circumvent that. It's not really an "internet mechanic" because in contrast to pay2win features like DLC classes it's possible to obtain each type of ore without internet and using the internet is just a more convenient way to do it.

And to add to this, visiting other castles for ore is faster. You can theoretically max out every Hoshidan ore without visiting other castles - you'll just have to sit on the game for a very long time.

What's yours stance on Lilith's Shrine? It's technically a lot of money, but like the ore situation, can take a while to get there.

I think I actually might have a plan to get this to work out... using the Raider Yumi... which I have a preference for over forged weapons (though I'm kind of busy with rl stuff, so it might still take me a while to get a clear up). Anyone have any thoughts on that (Raider Yumi vs forged Iron Yumi)?

I'd do the forged Iron Bow, since that's something that isn't dependent on visiting other castles/getting lucky with My Castle conversations. Unless there's a guaranteed way of getting one that I forgot about.

You can pick up any kind of food randomly by talking to characters (over a period of time), whereas you can't do that with ores AFAIK

EDIT: By the way, I've been thinking of an alternative clear where I have Gunter available to Shelter trick Azura, but pairing Takumi with Swordmaster!Hinata so that he can double the Ninjas (I think) with a Spd Tonic and +2 Spd Mess Hall. Previously I used Gunter as pair up bot for Takumi (triggers Competitive) so that with Str Tonic + +2 Str Mess Hall he just barely has enough Mt to OHKO the Ninjas with the Fujin Yumi. I'll have to check if it actually works though.

Edited by ruadath