Flier evasion bonus?

Topaz Light

I remember reading somewhere that, in exchange for not receiving any terrain bonuses, flying units got some kind of passive bonus to Avoid at all times. Like, +10%~+20% or something.

Is this true? I can't seem to find a source for it, but I distinctly remember having heard about it at one point.

It's actually a bit of the opposite, since fliers never get terrain bonuses and therefore are the only classes in the game that strictly don't get Avoid bonuses, while anything with feet firmly planted on the ground does.

Using Yugioh Season 1 logic, they have a 100% avoid bonus when battling non ranged weapon units.

YGO|S1 logic was pretty hardcore. I especially liked destroying Mystical Moon to eliminate the 'not-field-spell' terrain bonus

on-topic, this whole thing sounds like something from early days of GameFaqs tho.

This IS the case in FE1 NES, but it doesn't hold for any other FE. Maybe you mistook FE1 for FE7? I know that has to have happened before.

Maybe so!

When I say "I heard about it at one point", "one point" was several years ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'd gotten the game it applied to mixed up in my mind.

That is good to know, though! I think I'd observed it briefly when the terrain effects flash onscreen, but I never really gave it much thought.