Sun and Moon Team-Talking (new 'mons spoilers)

Emerson

So a lot of people are posting their teams in the main threads (the Spoiler and non-Spoiler) so I thought hey, I think this warrants a thread!

EDIT: removed all the crap here since new stuff and also this thread is kinda full spoiler 'mons now

https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/788279824796229632

This is a link to a tweet where you can download images of all of the in region available Gen 7 'mons is here, which you can also find from here.

https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/

A Sun and Moon team planner, I recommend using this. It can also randomize and sort by various parameters.

It's pretty much the best thing every honestly.

Edited by Emerson

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and if anyone's curious...

no spoilers here

V1RRP2u.pngzatyqn3.pnga1nQxcl.pngqvl6CkQ.png

I'm still working out what my last 2 will be...

also that reminds me to update my sig

Edited by TrueEm

Since we know them all now I can't give an excuse of switching around mons until I find a team I like. I'll use new mons until I can get all that I want though.

[spoiler=has spoiler mons]bXBHL8e.png8BOWGIy.png6SUboAt.png

PHEmbMa.pngPCxl1c5.pngB29Hqhz.png

Edited by Konnor97

This is what my team is currently looking like. Even if Vikavolt does turn out to be total rubbish I'm still going to use it because of how cool it looks. Also, trying to use nothing but new Pokemon is nothing new for me.

[spoiler=Contains spoiler mon]

DT57KtB.pngW2dWB3N.pngfd6dvFo.pngWTp1yE0.png3szpWo3.pngiWv0tVe.png

[spoiler=Nicknames]

Ninetales-Junko (has nothing to do with the Touhou character and everything to do with it meaning "pure fox")

Silvally-Azoth (essential agent in alchemy)

Vikavolt-Tuning Fork (reference to this trope)

Kommo-o-Dragoon (should be obvious)

Unnamed Rowlet final evolution-Doctor (spiffy bowtie)

Solgaleo-Kimba (also obvious)

Edited by Crystalized Silver

Warning: spoiler 'mon is included

609.png639.png663.png067.png675.png679.png

EDIT: May as well include nicknames. In order:

Archowl- Hoole

Vikavolt- GV

Lycanroc- Cornell

Ninetails- Weiss

Mudsdale- Aspercel

Water Strider- Visorak

Edited by The DanMan

None of my team members are spoilers. Currently planning on using strictly new Pokemon only-Alolan forms do not count as new for me.

[spoiler=Name Those References!]

~Sharphooter~

609_zpsif7anmv2.png

~Equinox~

675_zpsltgirq3b.png

~Legion~
667_zpsqcfhstwa.png

~Dreadnought~

639_zpso24tib1l.png

~Aleph~
725_zpskgutchrr.png

~Cantus~

813_zpsbwbce6iy.png

Noticing a lot of Nightruff, Vikavolt, Mudsdale, Ninetales, and Silvally love. The OP is the only person who doesn't have at least two of them on his team.

None of my team members are spoilers. Currently planning on using strictly new Pokemon only-Alolan forms do not count as new for me.

[spoiler=Name Those References!]

~Sharphooter~

609_zpsif7anmv2.png

~Equinox~

675_zpsltgirq3b.png

~Legion~
667_zpsqcfhstwa.png

~Dreadnought~

639_zpso24tib1l.png

~Aleph~
725_zpskgutchrr.png

~Cantus~

813_zpsbwbce6iy.png

Rowlet3: Sharpshooter is a real life "title" of sorts and a class in many videogames that focuses on long-range marksmanship, be it with a gun or bow.

Mudsdale: Equinox sounds very similar to equine, a term referring to horses.

Wishiwashi: Named after the eponymous demon from the New Testament that, after being cast out of a man, possessed a herd of pigs and ran off a cliff to get away from Jesus.

Vikavolt: A dreadnought is a type of offensive-oriented ship that, like sharpshooter, could be referencing a lot of things.

Silvally: Aleph is the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Really liking those Arceus connections, huh?

Hakamo-o: Cantus the minstrel was a muppet with a moderately similar color pallet.

Now try naming my references (though none of them are as obscure as some of yours).

Edited by The DanMan

Here are my picks.

[spoiler=My Moon Team]DAXQ3we.png9ck6Wnr.pngS8aGzzv.png

tqCnaZN.pngGoJprsO.pngNFe63H5.png

[spoiler=Nicknames In Order]

Rowlet Final Form - Oliver - He will be named after the main character from Arrow. The similarities between them are uncanny, in my opinion. Dartrix is a bratty, stuck up 'mon; Oliver was a spoiled rich boy. Then, they evolve into arrow-shooting, hooded badasses.

Gumshoos - Ace Defective - It's more or less a shout out to both Persona 3 and Ace Attorney. The name originates from P3, but, considering Detective Gumshoe's track record in the AA series, I think it fits him perfectly. Also, I don't think I can name him Dick without most people sticking their heads in the gutter.

Oricorio (Sensu) - Uzume - She will be named after Ame-no-Uzume, who is said to be the founder of the Kagura dance. Then again, I may change my mind and name her either Uzume, Kagura or Okuni.

Oranguru - Haruspex - I don't know. I wanted to name him Zhuge Liang, but I changed my mind because his headpiece reminds me of Kenshin Uesugi. I might name him something like Feather Flight or something else.

Salandit Final Form - Agilao - Because of SMT and because it is a Fire-type.

Drampa - Sleeping Dragon - Yeah, another Zhuge Liang/Dynasty Warriors/Romance of the Three Kingdoms reference.

[spoiler=i guess this is a spoiler i don't know for sure so don't click it if you don't want spoils]wuWS1IL.pngwuWS1IL.pngwuWS1IL.pngwuWS1IL.pngwuWS1IL.pngwuWS1IL.png

[spoiler=names]garfield

garfielf

garmfield

garfeld

GAAAAARRRFIIIELD!!!

grarfileld

i'm not completely sure though, I might name them I, gotta, have, a, good, and meal

Edited by unique

Noticing a lot of Nightruff, Vikavolt, Mudsdale, Ninetales, and Silvally love. The OP is the only person who doesn't have at least two of them on his team.

Rowlet3: Sharpshooter is a real life "title" of sorts and a class in many videogames that focuses on long-range marksmanship, be it with a gun or bow.

Mudsdale: Equinox sounds very similar to equine, a term referring to horses.

Wishiwashi: Named after the eponymous demon from the New Testament that, after being cast out of a man, possessed a herd of pigs and ran off a cliff to get away from Jesus.

Vikavolt: A dreadnought is a type of offensive-oriented ship that, like sharpshooter, could be referencing a lot of things.

Silvally: Aleph is the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Really liking those Arceus connections, huh?

Hakamo-o: Cantus the minstrel was a muppet with a moderately similar color pallet.

Now try naming my references (though none of them are as obscure as some of yours).

[spoiler=Close! What I had in mind for most of these is most likely inspired by those, though.]

Sharphooter is from the stronger version of the Peahooter from Dragon Quest VII. Note the lack of the 's' for the 'shooter' part.

DQVII3DS_-_Peahooter_zpslzuy59e4.png

Equinox is a boss from Dragon Quest IX.

DQIX_-_Equinox_zpsg3ltol13.png

Dreadnought is for the airship from Final Fantasy II.

FFII_PSP_Dreadnought_Cutscene_zpswvmpkzm

Aleph is for the main character from Shin Megami Tensei II.

Artwork_of_Alephfor_Shin_Megami_Tensei_I

For Cantus, I was thinking of the bosses from The World Ends With You, particularly the final boss, Draco Cantus. However, I only made certain of it after this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantus as I wanted something sound-based.

Noise_95_zpsdkkpivu5.png

I'll need to get back to you on your names!

[spoiler=Close! What I had in mind for most of these is most likely inspired by those, though.]

Sharphooter is from the stronger version of the Peahooter from Dragon Quest VII. Note the lack of the 's' for the 'shooter' part.

DQVII3DS_-_Peahooter_zpslzuy59e4.png

Equinox is a boss from Dragon Quest IX.

DQIX_-_Equinox_zpsg3ltol13.png

Dreadnought is for the airship from Final Fantasy II.

FFII_PSP_Dreadnought_Cutscene_zpswvmpkzm

Aleph is for the main character from Shin Megami Tensei II.

Artwork_of_Alephfor_Shin_Megami_Tensei_I

For Cantus, I was thinking of the bosses from The World Ends With You, particularly the final boss, Draco Cantus. However, I only made certain of it after this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantus as I wanted something sound-based.

Noise_95_zpsdkkpivu5.png

I'll need to get back to you on your names!

Dang! How could I be so close yet so far?

So, given the posts here (this is the only time I spoiling myself of ANYTHING more before the games' release), I'm going to assume that either:

Mermaid Popplio is Moon exclusive or the starters don't have two different final forms each after all? I'll be so sad if it's the former. If it is though, I'd like to see the other final forms for Popplio and Litten. But nothing else, please!

But for now, I'm still using all of these at some point:

Lycanroc Midday (Bruno)

Mudsdale (Philippe)

Pikipek line (Flit)

Tsareena (Tiana)

Comfey (Moana)

Alola Raichu (Jaq)

Alola Ninetales (Elsa)

Alola Marowak (Flynn)

If they're obtainable in the main story:

Rapidash (Maximus)

Zebstrika (Naveen)

Lopunny (Aurora)

Sawsbuck (Sven)

Decided on a different name for Pikipek this time. :P The theme is still Disney Princesses and related characters! There are characters' names from the following films: Cinderella, Pocahontas, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Sleeping Beauty, and Moana (also The Little Mermaid if I get and name a certain starter Ariel). Hopefully I'll also catch something else and name it either Aladdin or Jasmine, because Jasmine is actually my favorite Disney princess and the Aladdin trilogy is my favorite animated Disney movie series.

Edited by Anacybele

So a lot of people are posting their teams in the main threads (the Spoiler and non-Spoiler) so I thought hey, I think this warrents a thread!

I ask everyone who wishes to talk about anything found by data-mining to put a form of warning. Since the pictures are also huge, I expect that everyone will put everything into Spoilers already, so just putting the data-mined things into spoilers wouldn't be very helpful. If you don't know how to spoiler things... ask someone besides me.

As things get revealed, I'll update this to reflect that. And, if I missed anything or placed anything in the wrong spot, please tell me about that as well.

Anyways, since I'm nice, here are pictures of every Pokemon that has been officially released, has been shown to be in the Alola Dex (Like Golbat and Ariados) or is at least available (Ash-Greninja and Snorlax).

Alola Forms and Confirmed Pre-Gen VII 'mons:

Snorlax and Munchlax may or may not be in the Alola Dex, but it's still a possibility for teams.

Also Ash-Greninja should be in here for the same reason, but I don't have it's sprite. Oops!

T2Rn67N.pngVEUgK1c.pngpRPfPu9.pngKpSqGPQ.png49MDIq4.pngAjOHNAk.png8YdKz94.pngDT57KtB.pngGOh9g6h.pngwA5a3Kx.pngIeMEeSh.pngzQZcNJW.pngkrwtwcB.pngT0Rt0KP.png6n9OKA0.pngRYlUw4o.png9jwddwv.png0q57Yat.png0OIwEtP.pngfHEId7j.pngCCgoVRP.pngkClpPNZ.pngrIjOE3g.png0XasIJM.pngbLHm2Kf.pngKR09oYi.png00Bj8K0.pngzF4FhQ2.pngttbecVv.pngpj6HTpX.png63zC3Ke.pngDICJvz1.pngdiKqA6B.pngrXrK0ud.pngNYWmZ1o.pnglWfUXFO.pngU6mpMiW.png0DsvoIZ.pngvpqDMre.png

Gen VII 'mons:

z8S3SUN.pngXvDwlIW.pngh6o38hv.pngzNJudgV.png2KMKXUu.pngV1RRP2u.png

OlhE4HH.pngexqhxrc.pngei1bBfR.pngSyA5yZI.pngkz7A818.pngfd6dvFo.png51Bam3V.pngkDQ9wGl.png4UhKVDe.pngpgNfcgg.pngahqsZqm.pngwLcayZe.pngSjcTiw9.pngLraXhVP.pngUd0QVZh.pngMfePaK5.pngjzJqTDp.pngsCwuOi9.pngzatyqn3.png9ZRvmju.pngBV3tn7H.pngYvYQWr6.pnga1nQxcl.pngxhzJRPZ.pngucL811t.pngNnrdc6n.pngZvbW7m6.pngqvl6CkQ.pngceKQoNf.pngo50iWQ9.pngWcMP9l2.png42AEreG.pngaz96Va7.png0q0ym4c.pngk71LXIP.pngOBukSip.pngAeDx3Fm.pngdml65Z6.pngOJKqiUm.png6rBWgnO.pngH8V35pn.pngimIi3hP.pngQP5QaYB.pngj0bwwnB.pngWa3qmJR.pngW2dWB3N.pngIkPf3HH.pngaG0TPa8.pngWTp1yE0.pngTn3xnhB.pngayhj45a.pngBvuiCnY.png2zBpfE5.png

Note that Corsola and Machop lines are only a possibility, since they show up in the demo outside of battle. Slowpoke may be added as well.

There are a few disputed ones, (New 'mon from the TCG box, one from the Demo, Eevee, and Dragonite) and I'll let them slide for now. Although I ran out of allowed images sooooooooooooo...

As for the rest, I'm sure anyone who's spoiled themselves already can find them, but just in case...

https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/788279824796229632

Link to download all of the sprites is here. Gotten from Part 3 of the Demo Data-mine videos, which you can find here.

And that's about it. Just a reminder that people who use the things not in the first spoiler should have a warning for spoilers before posting, and any discussions about it should be spoilered as well.

Have fun!

Did you forgot Eevee and its evolution? (Because we saw a kid catching one in a trailer)

​Run, because I'll show no mercy for you.

Edited by Nym

[spoiler=sorry I never bothered with the images]Robinhoot - Lughnasadh

Leafeon - Alondite(Ragnell if I get female one)

Lurantis - Lifehunt

Chesnaught - Singauta

Morelull2- Kerykion

Alola Exeggutor - Dramborleg

On rotation:

Tsareena - Noir Queen

Cradily - Khakkhara

Torterra - Somastes

Grass types babyyyyyyyyyyy. Then again, I don't know the full regional dex so

So, given the posts here (this is the only time I spoiling myself of ANYTHING more before the games' release), I'm going to assume that either:

Mermaid Popplio is Moon exclusive or the starters don't have two different final forms each after all? I'll be so sad if it's the former. If it is though, I'd like to see the other final forms for Popplio and Litten. But nothing else, please!

[spoiler=Ana don't read if you want to find out for yourself when the games come out]There is no evidence to suggest the starters have different final forms. The leaked ones (Mermaid Popplio, Wrestler Litten, and Archer Rowlet) are it.

[spoiler=Ana don't read if you want to find out for yourself when the games come out]There is no evidence to suggest the starters have different final forms. The leaked ones (Mermaid Popplio, Wrestler Litten, and Archer Rowlet) are it.

Don't worry, I did want to find out.

That's weird, now it feels like Coro-Coro lied to us when it said they share a secret with Rockruff who does have two evolutions. >_> But oh well...

Don't worry, I did want to find out.

That's weird, now it feels like Coro-Coro lied to us when it said they share a secret with Rockruff who does have two evolutions. >_> But oh well...

Apparently that was a bit of a mistranslation. The starters and Rockruff share the fact that they have a secret. Rockruff's was version exclusive evolutions, and the current theory for the starters is that the final forms have special Z-moves like Snorlax and Alolan Raichu.

Apparently that was a bit of a mistranslation. The starters and Rockruff share the fact that they have a secret. Rockruff's was version exclusive evolutions, and the current theory for the starters is that the final forms have special Z-moves like Snorlax and Alolan Raichu.

Ohhh. Well, bummer. I don't know how often I'll use Z-moves if this is the case. But hey, I still get my mermaid Popplio! :)

For those of us who don't care about spoilers: the individual island pokedexes have been leaked.

MeleMele: http://pastebin.com/DRd8c2mm

Akala: http://pastebin.com/a3waCTnC

Island 3: http://pastebin.com/3e2WyFHw

Island 4: http://pastebin.com/4SsZyEMt

This should be a major asset for team building.

yawn, too lazy to deal with images

Luchalitten - El Tigre

Wishiwashi - WashiMashine

Tsareena - Laganja

Ribombee - Honey Queen

Sandslash - Snowslosh

Toucan - Uncle Sam

do the words luchalitten and toucan need to be spoilered though? I hate spoiler posts and I'd enjoy removing them

you don't get anything if you get my references