Second chapter - Level of returning characters?

Mariostern1

Hello, dear community! I've got a quick set of questions.

I'm currently creating my own romhack and seem to be doing fine enough right now.

I'm at this point in which I'm finished with the first chapter and want to move on to the second one. I'm using Eventiel to help myself a bit but I'm not sure how i would load a character that has leveled in the previous chapter with the same Level and EXP and stuff. Or if I should worry about that at all. Can some help a guy out? :D

The game remembers the level, exp, and items of the character you try to reload if they exist.

As in, they'll only use the data you have for loading those characters in the script only if they don't already exist in your party.

Like, if Lyn, Hector, or Eliwood somehow got erased from the file via hacks or whatnot in the vanilla version if FE7, they'd get loaded with the stuff and stats in the event script (which most of them have nothing in terms of items). Otherwise, it remembers everything.

It only remembers characters as long as they stay as Allies, though. If you change them into NPCs or Enemies their stats will be forgotten unless you change them back to Allies before the chapter ends.