"Nintendo Switch", News and Discussion on Nintendo's New System - It's Launch Time!

Jave

I expect the girl in blue to be Zelda, tbh. Or alternately, a great great niece of Link or something, since Link himself was sleeping 100 years it'd be slightly strange if she was a sister, unless maybe she was sleeping too. Or flashback I guess.

Also, the person at the end of the trailer is ridiculously tall compared to Link, so I'd find it a bit weird if that was Zelda. Like, his head is at the woman's waist.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the person at the end of the trailer is ridiculously tall compared to Link, so I'd find it a bit weird if that was Zelda. Like, his head is at the woman's waist.

I think he's supposed to be kneeling in that shot.

I'd say the bird people are allies... there's that one minstrel who gives hints to Link during the Bill Trinen playthrough, and the one in the trailer has that bright blue scarf. It's not a Sheikah emblazoned item, but blue seems to be the colour of the "good" characters. The woman in blue, Link's new tunic... I can't see that maybe-Rito character as being villainous despite the slightly ominous appearance of their airship. It is nice to see civilization though, and the potential to have followers once again. Hopefully useful ones! Also dogs!

Even if Zelda gets pushed back I'm really hoping this game manages to merge some of the better story beats of Wind Waker/Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword with the kind of freedom I felt in the older games.

I wonder if Breadth of the Wild can easily sell over 2 million...that seems like a huge number kinda like how Capcom expects their products to sell 2 million or its good bye to the IP.

Wii U and Switch combined sales? Definitely.

It's Zelda, dude. And a game that people literally bought Wii U's for.

Trust me, it will sell.

Also, speaking of the Airship thing, does anyone else think it looks kinda similar to the Loftwings from Skyward Sword?

Like I can't unsee it.

It's possible they're both Zelda, but why do most people think both are? Why does every average-looking female design have to be Zelda? Can't we have more females that aren't her? Plenty of past Zelda games had a number of notable females that weren't Zelda, the most well known being Impa. I honestly hope only one of them is Zelda because this game honestly should have more notable females than just Zelda. That's why I personally don't think they're both Zelda or the same woman.

Edited by Anacybele

My mind kinda wants Blue girl to be Aryll, but that's pretty unlikely, since The Wind Waker's links to the game (Koroks and "Rock Salt") are much weaker than TP's and Zelda 1's.

Almost all environmental references in the game are to one of those two games, such as the bridges seen previously (to the Bridge of Eldin/Great Bridge of Hylia), the fountain in the new trailer (it's basically dead on to the one in TP Castle Town), and the twin rocks (based on concept art of Zelda 1).

On top of that we've got an ALttP reference around the Master Sword's pedestal in the E3 2016 trailer (flowers in the same spots), and a few SS references lore wise (but SS's placement means that doesn't say much).

Edited by Glaceon Mage

It's possible they're both Zelda, but why do most people think both are? Why does every average-looking female design have to be Zelda? Can't we have more females that aren't her? Plenty of past Zelda games had a number of notable females that weren't Zelda, the most well known being Impa. I honestly hope only one of them is Zelda because this game honestly should have more notable females than just Zelda. That's why I personally don't think they're both Zelda or the same woman.

Because Zelda games are basically Link, Zelda and Ganon. Other female characters are not as relevant as Zelda, they're basically support characters. Therefore, why in the world will Nintendo showcase a low relevance female besides Zelda? She's blonde, has boobs, walks gracefully, it has to be Zelda.

unless they want to pull a Linkle

Edited by Quintessence

Because Zelda games are basically Link, Zelda and Ganon. Other female characters are not as relevant as Zelda, they're basically support characters. Therefore, why in the world will Nintendo showcase a low relevance female besides Zelda? She's blonde, has boobs, walks gracefully, it has to be Zelda.

Did you even read my post? Who said anything about Nintendo showcasing a low relevance female? Like I said, Zelda games in the past have had pretty relevant females that weren't Zelda. Ilia, SS Impa, the female sages in OoT, etc. That girl dressed as Link could easily be a non-Zelda female with relevance like theirs.

Edited by Anacybele

Considering how Zelda often has blonde golden hair, I'm willing to bet that she is Zelda. Or that it could possibly be another kind of Zelda from a different universe who happens to have a twin sister or something.

Did you even read my post? Who said anything about Nintendo showcasing a low relevance female? Like I said, Zelda games in the past have had pretty relevant females that weren't Zelda. Ilia, SS Impa, the female sages in OoT, etc. That girl dressed as Link could easily be a non-Zelda female with relevance like theirs.

You misunderstood it. I was answering why most people think it is Zelda and why every average-looking female (especially with blonde hair) had to be Zelda. It doesn't have anything to do with not wanting or saying that there might be new females introduced in the game, so ~

I can't picture times where Zelda's hair is more than one color as all the Zelda's have one hair color. Looking at the hair, I'm pretty sure that HAS to be Zelda.

I'm happy that Nintendo stuck with carts this time around. CD's are pretty much dead at this point.

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, December 6, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, December 6, 2016 - No reason given

I can't picture times where Zelda's hair is more than one color as all the Zelda's have one hair color. Looking at the hair, I'm pretty sure that HAS to be Zelda.

I'm happy that Nintendo stuck with carts this time around. CD's are pretty much dead at this point.

Saying that because she has one hair color, she must be Zelda isn't a good argument. 99% of fictional characters have one hair color. If that logic held, I could argue that because she has one hair color, she must be Link. No Link has more than one hair color!

...How are discs dead?

And where are any characters in the trailer shown to have more than one hair color in the first place?

Another thing, GameXplain's analysis finally came out, and they have a theory that a lot of what we see in this trailer could very well be the flashback idea I brought up earlier. The girl that resembles Link appears to be holding the Sheikah Slate, the book Link uses in the game to activate shrines and stuff. And in the scene with the Falco look-alike bird, the slate is mysteriously missing from Link's belt (it was always on his left side and it's not there this time). And we know he gets it at the start of the game.

Basically, we could be seeing some of the events that took place before the game, and memories that Link lost while asleep for 100 years.

So my theory that this blonde woman is Link's mother or sister is still very much possible. In fact, I'm thinking now that this is indeed a flashback where the mom/sister is going to put the Sheikah Slate in the cave with him so it's there when he wakes up.

There is one thing that could make that bird guy scene NOT a flashback though. Link could've had the slate stolen from him as well. I mean, we did see SS Link get robbed of nearly EVERYTHING in SS. But I think this is a weaker theory because BotW Link still has the Master Sword with him, and it looks pretty new, unlike the beat up sword we've seen in the logo and artwork. In SS, the sword was stolen from Link as well as other equipment. And the sword was the last thing recovered. I would like to think the same would hold true here too due to the blade's value. The Master Sword could look new because it was reforged, a la ALttP, but we have no idea if, when, or how that will happen.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, I SO hope this is true! PoR needs to be a priority release for this because of its lack of availability and Ike and FE's popularity!

Edited by Anacybele