"Nintendo Switch", News and Discussion on Nintendo's New System - It's Launch Time!

Jave

It'd also give a chance to play as like Bill, Kat and such, (Krystal could even use like Fox's moveset from Adventures).

I'd love to play as Bill and Kat! I know they don't get much screentime, but I always liked those two. I'm not a huge fan of Krystal, but...eh. The only thing that might be troublesome is given everyone unique movesets. With Zelda it's easier since not everyone uses a sword, and there's a lot to draw from (like Ruto's water, Darunia's hammer, Tingle's balloons, etc.), it's not quite the same with SF.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to play as Bill and Kat! I know they don't get much screentime, but I always liked those two. I'm not a huge fan of Krystal, but...eh. The only thing that might be troublesome is given everyone unique movesets. With Zelda it's easier since not everyone uses a sword, and there's a lot to draw from (like Ruto's water, Darunia's hammer, Tingle's balloons, etc.), it's not quite the same with SF.

They could pull from Smash somewhat I think, not to mention some cool weapons from Assault.

Isn't Mario Kart 8 just a port of Mario Kart Wii anyway? I want to see F-ZERO on the Switch. And Kirby Air Ride 2.

Hah hah hah hah hah hah hah...

Not in this universe.

Anyways, Target has a price for the Switch in their system: $300. Also, 15 titles are in as well.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/rumour_target_will_sell_nintendo_switch_for_usd299_99_15_titles_possible_at_launch

Also, Hori accessories for it have leaked:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/hori_has_a_wide_range_of_nintendo_switch_accessories_on_the_way

Interesting tidbits: the pro controller is 30 euros (hopefully $40 here) and... there's a 150 euro arcade pad?

Edited by The DanMan

That's got to just be a placeholder, why would one big retailer sell it for that much when another would have it for $50 less?

If it actually winds up being $300 everywhere here...well, I'm glad I'm looking for a better paying job.

And hell no, MK8 is NOT an MKWii port.

Edited by Anacybele

That's got to just be a placeholder, why would one big retailer sell it for that much when another would have it for $50 less?

If it actually winds up being $300 everywhere here...well, I'm glad I'm looking for a better paying job.

And hell no, MK8 is NOT an MKWii port.

Other rumors indicated that there'd be a base version of the system and another with a pack-in game.

Possible that Best Buy has the vanilla version in their system while Target got the info for the "deluxe" version first.

Edited by The DanMan

Other rumors indicated that there'd be a base version of the system and another with a pack-in game.

Possible that Best Buy has the vanilla version in their system while Target the info for the "deluxe" version first.

Ah, okay, that would make a lot more sense. If there's a Switch bundled with Zelda: BotW, take my $300!

Ok seriously, if you expect the price to be low because of the Switch being inferior to that of XBONE and PS4, you're being ridiculous. The cost of selling a system that does both playing on tv and playing on the go is itself going to be steep for the production alone.

If the swtich is to be sold at 400$, then Nintendo would most likely have made it as powerful as PS4 and Xbox ONE.

I so hope that Target leak turns out true because 15 launch games is incredibly good.

Not looking forward to the price as games are a literal fortune in Canada. Expecting somewhere around 350-400 CAD for the console and like 75 bucks per game. RIP my wallet.

I so hope that Target leak turns out true because 15 launch games is incredibly good.

Not looking forward to the price as games are a literal fortune in Canada. Expecting somewhere around 350-400 CAD for the console and like 75 bucks per game. RIP my wallet.

The Wii U had 30 or so launch titles and most people forgot about them quickly.

That moment you realize the day you agreed to work extra is Switch streaming time....

And I'm still annoyed all those events starts so ridiculously early. If its E3 the Sony stuff always starts at 4 in the morning for me and now with the Switch reveal its going to start at five in the morning. Taking European times into account isn't really the gaming industries strong suit.

I mean, the time choice is understandable. The event's in Tokyo, after all, where it starts at 1:00 pm.

There's no real way to pick an all inclusive time. Just the inevitability of timezones, unfortunately.

That said I guess I'm not getting much sleep tonight, oh well.

Is it just me, or does Luigi up there look more like he's watching something rather than playing a game? Is he on Youtube viewing "Luigi wins by doing nothing" videos? XD Also, Bowser was left out! Poor guy. :P

This is just me speculating and wondering...

Nintendo UK posted on Instagram an image of PoR asking who played it on GC. Are they teasing PoR for VC on the Switch?

Oh, OH, OH, I HOPE SO! Even better, I hope it means a Switch HD bundle of both PoR and RD since both are rare and expensive!

Edited by Anacybele

Is it just me, or does Luigi up there look more like he's watching something rather than playing a game? Is he on Youtube viewing "Luigi wins by doing nothing" videos? XD Also, Bowser was left out! Poor guy. :P

Oh, OH, OH, I HOPE SO! Even better, I hope it means a Switch HD bundle of both PoR and RD since both are rare and expensive!

Wait...didn't some one over here mentioned that because its too expensive to remaster an old game, those old games are being reprinted again?

That'd be pretty sweet, I'd love it in fact. But I heard a rumor about GC VC being a thing on Switch, which leads me to believe that PoR will join the VC club early in March upon release. I won't get my hopes too high on RD also getting a VC release but I'd totally love it!

what if the deluxe set comes with a game and PoR VC pre installed aarrrghh!!

That'd be pretty sweet, I'd love it in fact. But I heard a rumor about GC VC being a thing on Switch, which leads me to believe that PoR will join the VC club early in March upon release. I won't get my hopes too high on RD also getting a VC release but I'd totally love it!

Why would RD not follow? It's the direct sequel and just as rare and expensive. It wouldn't be fair to only re-release one of them, whether it's VC OR an HD remake.

Why would RD not follow? It's the direct sequel and just as rare and expensive. It wouldn't be fair to only re-release one of them, whether it's VC OR an HD remake.

Yeah, I agree. I am not sure why they would release one Tellius game on the VC without the other.

Yeah, I agree. I am not sure why they would release one Tellius game on the VC without the other.

One and not the other getting released doesn't make sense. It's like releasing Mass Effect 2 on two consoles, then making 3 exclusive. It would be a pretty dumb move. Then again, it's Nintendo we are talking about here. They haven't exactly made the best of decisions for he past 5 or more years.

Edited by Tolvir