"Nintendo Switch", News and Discussion on Nintendo's New System - It's Launch Time!

Jave

Oh I'm not being judgemental with my comment. It's a straight up literal statement. I kind of wonder why someone would be on a Fire Emblem forum and a radically new type of Fire Emblem game would be wholly uninteresting. Even with a very cynical opinion of its quality and an extreme distaste for the Warriors series, I for one would still be interested to see how the experiment would turn out.

I'm just not interested? Doesn't mean I hate it or have a negative opinion of it? And what if I do? I can't be on an FE forum because of that?

Edited by Ryo

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I'm not being judgemental with my comment. It's a straight up literal statement. I kind of wonder why someone would be on a Fire Emblem forum and a radically new type of Fire Emblem game would be wholly uninteresting. Even with a very cynical opinion of its quality and an extreme distaste for the Warriors series, I for one would still be interested to see how the experiment would turn out.

Er, more than a few people forgot about Tokyo Mirage Sessions the very next day after the first proper trailer was released because they knew it wasn't for them - I was one of them, and only remembered the game existed a few days ago. It's not some people's cup of tea, and really, what did your comment add to this discussion?

I didn't care about TMS when it was first announced, and I still don't care about it today.

Fight me.

Er, more than a few people forgot about Tokyo Mirage Sessions the very next day after the first proper trailer was released because they knew it wasn't for them - I was one of them, and only remembered the game existed a few days ago. It's not some people's cup of tea, and really, what did your comment add to this discussion?

This is a fair point, I immediately ignored TMS because the whole pop singing thing is not my thing at all, it looked too anime-ish even for my standards, some of the designs looked too sexualized to me, and it had nothing but Awakening and Archanea characters as mirages (the thing that turned me away from it the most).

On another note, if those Arms characters were to be in Smash, they'd have the most ridiculous range in the history of range...

Edited by Anacybele

I'm just not interested? Doesn't mean I hate it or have a negative opinion of it? And what if I do? I can't be on an FE forum because of that?

Hey, hey, hey. I'm not saying you can't be on the forum. As I said above, it was a completely non judgmental comment. The mindset is just something I don't understand. Even if you did dislike it for some reason I'd see where you're coming from (regardless as to how valid I might think such feelings are) but to have absolutely no opinion on the potential or lack thereof just seems strange to me.

Edited by Jotari

Is the Nintendo Treehouse stream horribly laggy for anyone else? A couple times it stopped loading for me all together and I had to refresh. The Switch presentation last night was slightly laggy as well, but not nearly this bad. :/

I would consider getting Arms (Ribbon Girl is cute and Ninjaro is cool), but I have nobody to play with and these kinds of games just aren't nearly as fun alone.

Hey, hey, hey. I'm not saying you can't be on the forum. As I said above, it was a completely non judgmental comment. The mindset is just something I don't understand. Even if you did dislike it for some reason I'd see where you're coming from (regardless as to how valid I might think such feelings are) but to have absolutely no opinion on the potential or lack thereof just seems strange to me.

Thing is, there isn't enough content in the teaser trailer for me to form an opinion of it (be it positive or negative), or even an initial impression. The only information we know so far is that there will be an FE Warrior game and a few potential characters. I also haven't played any Warrior game so it's natural that I don't feel interested or disdainful enough to care about it. But that doesn't mean that I disregard of its potential, I may even consider buying it if future marketing impresses me. But for now, it's just something that passes my mind (not to mention that I probably won't buy a whole new console just for that).

Is the Nintendo Treehouse stream horribly laggy for anyone else?

It's lagging for me too.

I think you guys are a bit extreme with the negativity towards Emblem Warriors and the possible cast.

Idk how many characters will it have but I aspire for it to have 20 or around it, and I think all lords being in it is quite possible, as well as some antagonists or mid importance characters. I'm really excited about it despite me not being a huge fan of the Warriors series, although Hyrule Warriors is really fun, but I have other top faves. The game most likely will feature a lot of DLC content and have new additions so I think all the games will have some representation (I hope so).

Regarding TMS only adding Archanea and Awakening characters, I think the main point of the game isn't the FE characters themeselves but rather the mix of both franchises with some shades of them. And I think it worked pretty good. Asides, FE has a LOT of characters and favorites that it'll be impossible to please every fan. It is basically in a similar position as Pokken, where a few pokemon out of the 720 available were selected.

And now the stream stopped entirely for a few minutes. And the lag is getting WORSE even though they said they're trying to fix the issues. For fuck's sake, Treehouse...

Edited by Anacybele

Whoops

Yesterday's presentation was quite stable to me despite there being 420K+ users watching the live stream.

How many are there today at the treehouse?

Also, what version are you getting guys? The full dark grey Switch or the one with Neon Blue and Red? I'll go for the Neon one cuz colours!!

Whoops

Yesterday's presentation was quite stable to me despite there being 420K+ users watching the live stream.

How many are there today at the treehouse?

Also, what version are you getting guys? The full dark grey Switch or the one with Neon Blue and Red? I'll go for the Neon one cuz colours!!

I think I'll get the grey version (if I ever get it). The colors don't seem to blend well with the rest of the console lol.

Yeah, it's fine now. But damn it limited quantities for that Master Breath of the Wild set... I might have to send the preorder to my aunt's house in Pittsburgh to ensure that I get it. It's SO expensive, but far too tempting to pass it up... DX prepare yourself bank account, you're going to take a big hit...

I'm going for the system with the colored controllers because as Quintessence said, COLORS! Also a shade of blue I really like!

Edited by Anacybele

Some game they just showed called Super Bomberman R or something like that is confirmed to be a launch title. So so far we have for the launch line-up:

Zelda: Breath of the Wild

1-2-Switch

Super Bomberman R

Was anything said about the release date for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

So I know I'm a bit late to the party. But I'm curious, who thinks that they are going to get the Switch? And who thinks they are going to get it day 1?

This presentation basically said to me "don't buy it at launch wait until 2018" within three minutes showing two certain back-to-back trailers.

So I know I'm a bit late to the party. But I'm curious, who thinks that they are going to get the Switch? And who thinks they are going to get it day 1?

Unfortunately I'm living abroad and won't be back till approximately July but I'm legitimately considering preordering one if I can and getting it sent to my parents house.