"Nintendo Switch", News and Discussion on Nintendo's New System - It's Launch Time!

Jave

I wonder if the tablet screen supports touch inputs. Or if it can have a second output display if it's put on the TV.

Also that Splatoon game is definitely a sequel. Those assets (that stage) are new.

Mario Kart visually is Mario Kart 8 with all of the assets intact. Are we looking at a deluxe edition (ala Hyrule Warriors Legends)?

If Splatoon, Mario Kart and 3D Mario are part of the launch lineup, I will be so hyped!

Aren't we also getting a new Pokémon for Switch as well?

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it uses cartridges for it's games, do you think the Switch could play 3DS games?

No, it would be impossible due to the 3DS having two screens and many of its games taking full advantage of that. The Switch has only one screen.

Speaking of Splatoon, I just realized it should have proper local multiplayer in Turf Wars mode this time around. That was the one big thing missing in the first game.

Edited by Jave

Speaking of Splatoon, I just realized it should have proper local multiplayer in Turf Wars mode this time around. Thatvwas the one bug thing missing in the first game.

OH MY GOSH YES!

HOLY SHIT I'M SO HYPED FOR IT NOW!

Speaking of Splatoon, I just realized it should have proper local multiplayer in Turf Wars mode this time around. That was the one big thing missing in the first game.

That and/or it probably has REALLY good wireless connections! :Joshua:

Super Smash Bros. For 3DS

Super Smash Bros. For Wii U

Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Switch?

Super Switch Bros

They had to switch things fast to get the port ready.

Featuring Ridley and Ice Climbers

Super Smash Bros. For 3DS

Super Smash Bros. For Wii U

Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Switch?

I remember the time when Smash Bros had actual names instead of just "insert console here".

Will the console support NFC?

Of course. Amiibo were shown in the trailer... And it'd be pretty dumb for Amiibo usage to stop so soon.

Dang it, someone beat me to the Super Switch Bros. thing. XD

Edited by Anacybele

Yes, but having a tactile screen is a must-have on any handheld device now, and we don't see it in the trailer, and Nintendo usually cares about ergonomics, so I don't know what to think. And I'm really gonna miss Dual Screen on Fire Emblem games, because it was a great improvement.

A tactile what? I'm sorry but a clamshell or a dual screens was the Wii U's thing and that didn't work out very well. And it looks plenty comfortable to hold, certainly more than the Wii U gamepad. That and you can always mount the thing and use a normal controller. Look I understand what you're saying the 3DS smaller cheaper and fits in your pocket, but when the day comes the Nintendo comes out with a more compact switch model what do you thinks going to happen to the 3DS? Nintendo needs to concentrate all their resources on the Switch right now to promote it, so they're not going to underwrite development for more games on the 3DS. Pokémon company usually the last to move from the old handheld has already confirmed to be working on the Switch. Remember every company blankly promises to continue to support their old platforms and never actually does it this will not be any different. You'll see some stuff come to the 3DS but it will be rare and I'll be very little.

I wonder if the tablet screen supports touch inputs. Or if it can have a second output display if it's put on the TV.

Also that Splatoon game is definitely a sequel. Those assets (that stage) are new.

Mario Kart visually is Mario Kart 8 with all of the assets intact. Are we looking at a deluxe edition (ala Hyrule Warriors Legends)?

If Splatoon, Mario Kart and 3D Mario are part of the launch lineup, I will be so hyped!

The console will not touch support touch and put this is not officially confirmed by Nintendo but it can be easily assumed by one thing, the base controllers has no touchpad (at least that I can see even then it would be a crappy touchpad as it would have to line up with the screen). Because whatever happens it would have to work as both the console version and the handheld version so I doubt a touchscreen is there. Edited by Locke087

Where did you see it?

It was right after one of the Mario games. You could see Mario, Luigi, and Peach from the SMB series. Very clearly. They were practically shoved in our faces... xP

Me: *sees trailer*

Me: *drools*

This is a day 1 purchase. If Nintendo delivers, this might be the best console ever made. I'm joining the cult of Switch and can it be 2017 already?

Me: *sees trailer*

Me: *drools*

This is a day 1 purchase. If Nintendo delivers, this might be the best console ever made. I'm joining the cult of Switch and can it be 2017 already?

Ehhh.... Day 1 purchases of anything are usually a bad idea.

If the product ends up being sucky, you'll have no-one to blame but yourself for a waste of money :/

Admittedly, none of my consoles have been day 1 purchases, but that was more because I didn't have the money at the time. :P I should now though! I'll get this day 1 too because Mario and Zelda!

I actually got my 3DS on day 1, and yeah, it sucked for a little while, but the 3DS ended up being amazing.

Plus Zelda as a launch day title....? I'm sold. I'm seriously sold.

(Yeah, I might be *slightly* fangirling over this console.)

It was right after one of the Mario games. You could see Mario, Luigi, and Peach from the SMB series. Very clearly. They were practically shoved in our faces... xP

Right!

I was too busy looking at the screen. :P

I actually got my 3DS on day 1, and yeah, it sucked for a little while, but the 3DS ended up being amazing.

Plus Zelda as a launch day title....? I'm sold. I'm seriously sold.

(Yeah, I might be *slightly* fangirling over this console.)

That, and the ambassador titles... genuinely wish that I had SS on the 3ds, if nothing else.

I would be a switch day 1, but I am saving up for a house and my backlog for just the 3ds alone is insane.

I'm actually considering selling my Wii U, just because I honestly don't console anymore. 3ds and Vita could probably keep me going for the next 10 years, easy.

There's nothing wrong with a Day One purchase if one knows what he/she is getting into. I was one of the early adopters of the 3DS (I think I picked a few days after launch, N3D Ambassador reporting!). Yeah, it sorta sucked not having many games at the time, but Ghost Recon was pretty good and Samurai Warriors Chronicles got me hooked on the Warriors series. Granted, if something does awry, it is on the consumer for buying into the hype and getting it early if the product actually sucks or is not what they are looking for.

As for the dual screen, they may be able to do it similar to the Wii U by just having the controller in your hands with its screen while the TV has something else. However, the problem with this is the Wii U seems to have two separate processors, one for the controller and the Wii U itself. The Switch just seems to be one, so I don't know if this is likely. DS Dual Screens will likely just be two separate windows on the big screen with various options (like playing on an emulator).

I usually tend to avoid buying consoles day one in general because I want them only when the games I want for those consoles are on them. Though I'm really tempted to skip the Wii U version of BotW and just get the Switch so that I can play it on that and be ready for the future in Nintendo games. It depends on how much of an upgrade the Switch version will be, as well as what the other launch/near-launch titles will be (aside from the obvious). It'd also help if there was some sort of preorder bundle. If there is such a thing, please tell me.

That being said, there's definitely nothing wrong with you buying day one yourself, even if there were absolutely no games on it day one. You do you; you hurt no one by making such a purchase. Now, if you demanded others to do the same, then there'd be a problem.

Because Melee and Brawl/X were oh so descriptive.

Probably meant "creative". Still, though, it's a silly thing to bash on. As if I haven't ever bashed on something petty and stupid myself.