Why is it so hard for Sophia fanboys to realize shes bad?

LowTierFE7Tresh

Green stats are all that matter is the prevailing attitude on the GameFAQs FAQs (as opposed to the boards, which I don't even know if they still exist now). Speaking personally I took them at face value even if I was a little skeptical. But generally the characters I gravitated towards were big, cool prepromotes that those FAQs shat on (shoutout to Zealot, a mighty 2/10). So when I discovered tier lists here that valued instead units that were useful in practice rather than overpowered in theory, that kind of fit in better with my playstyle anyway.

However, a lot of people prefer to do war crimes instead and use mostly 'cute' child characters, and in FE they tend to be terrible at the start with good growths and have many green stats at 20/20, which those FAQs adored. So they liked those characters and overlooked the favouritism they required, and the FAQs said they were great and fed into their biases. In their shoes, I'd have taken those FAQs for granted as well.

In any case, it doesn't really matter. Sophia is a really bad unit but if people like her enough to use her that's their business and they're entitled to it.

Edited by Parrhesia

Things like this bother me. Why do you care? They're going to use her regardless of whether or not she is bad if they like her that much.

I do get what you're saying about them claiming they will outperform superior units. That's inaccurate, but again. What you're saying isn't going to convince anyone otherwise

What's funny is that Sophia is barely if at all statistically better than Ray, even at 20/20.

HP: Ray "wins" 40.85 to 39.8

Magic: Sophia "wins" 29 to 28.15

Skill: Ray wins 24 to 19.2

Speed: Ray wins 21.8 to 18.4

Luck: Sophia "wins" 10.6 to 10.05

Defense: Ray "wins" 11.05 to 10.6

Resistance: Sophia wins 29 to 21.45

Ray also has 1 more Con. The only spot Sophia seriously beats him is Resistance, while he has noticeable leads in both speed and skill, meaning he's much more likely to actually hit and kill things. When you also take into account him starting 11 levels above her with two extra chapters to train in, there really is no contest.

Of course neither of them is as good as Lugh, so it's a moot point.