Fire Emblem Dual Knights.

Great_Knight

So I was bored one day, and remembered that I use to play some pokemon hacks, and I wanted to see if I could find another game. So I started looking into Fire emblem hacks. I saw there weren't a lot of them, that were complete. So I figured I try to make one. Thought i need some help. I'm looking for someone who can help with

Animators

Characters

Music,

And Maps.

post-26897-0-90405000-1477112196_thumb.jpg

Hey Great_Knight, Fan Projects is for people with actual progress and patches so I've moved this to concepts for now. If you end up with substantial progress I'll move it into Projects for you.

Hey Great_Knight, Fan Projects is for people with actual progress and patches so I've moved this to concepts for now. If you end up with substantial progress I'll move it into Projects for you.

Thanks. Sorry this is my first forum here, I guess I wasn't sure exactly how the forums where suppose to be made.

Can you tell us anything except the name of your project?

Yes, what more do you want to know.

Yes, what more do you want to know.

What you've done so far would be a good start. I think you'll find that you'll get far more people willing to help you with things you're missing (animations and music especially) if you show that you've got a couple of chapters (at least) already done. Just saying "I have ideas, now please make things for me" is not going to go over very well.

What you've done so far would be a good start. I think you'll find that you'll get far more people willing to help you with things you're missing (animations and music especially) if you show that you've got a couple of chapters (at least) already done. Just saying "I have ideas, now please make things for me" is not going to go over very well.

That's understandable. Thought I'm sorry if I came across as please make things for me. Like it was pointed out this is a concept. I'm trying to get the team together to make the hack. I have some ideas for characters, and the basic story, but I don't have pics, or anything to show.

Post a story, maybe some characters, a few goals, and your skills/abilities that you'd bring to a team. "Team leader" or "ideas guy" are roles synonymous with "dead weight" if they're the only things you can do. From the look of it, you're just starting out, right? Before you begin, be sure to read a bunch of the tutorials and things you find to get a feel for what you might want to learn and what you think you'll struggle with. Be sure to ask lots of questions, but always run a search to see if your problem has been answered.

Good luck!

Post a story, maybe some characters, a few goals, and your skills/abilities that you'd bring to a team. "Team leader" or "ideas guy" are roles synonymous with "dead weight" if they're the only things you can do. From the look of it, you're just starting out, right? Before you begin, be sure to read a bunch of the tutorials and things you find to get a feel for what you might want to learn and what you think you'll struggle with. Be sure to ask lots of questions, but always run a search to see if your problem has been answered.

Good luck!

Idea guy. Does that meaning writing is dead weight. I'm a writer. I tell stories.

Characters. Well some of them.

Princess Aster, the Holy Knight. One of the two lords. She's fierce with her sword, and always willing to do what she can protect others.

Prince Ainz, The Dark Knight. A brutal warrior, with a tendency to wreck havoc on the battlefield, crushing his enemies with brutal strength.

Diz, A member of Íroas army. Its Tactician.

Isaac, a rider of Iroas.

Olaf: A fighter who seeks battle.

T.K- son of Olaf, aspring warrior. He ran to face the bandits attacking his home.

Duran-A rider of Iroas, who has returned to aid it.

Iskander-A warrior of Iroas. Legendery for his strength.

Skye, A sky captian of Caelum.

Those are some of the characters. I"m still thinking up more. I have other characters like Terra, Blaze, Leon, Sirus, Grey, and Alaric, I haven't figured quite what characters they will be.

I also have the plot started.

Four kingdoms of the land Bellum. Iros, the kingdom of Knights. Caelum, the sky kingdom, Magisal, the kingdom of sorcerers. Autem, the merc kingdom. Luxheim, rest the order of the Holy dawn, where the paladins of Belllum make their home.Since the demon war 1000 years ago, these kingdoms have held a peace.. Suddenly that peace has shattered. Magisal has sent forces to attack all other kingdoms, Starting with Iroas. Prince Ainz leads the counterattack, but Magisal seems to be causing as much damage as they can.

Edited by Great_Knight

Writing isn't dead weight, per se, but it's not a very highly valued skill in the sense that it'll make other people want to join you, for the simple reason that pretty much everyone else who posts a concept here (and believe me, there are lots; the majority of which never get off the ground) is writing their own story. Unless you're a really really good writer (and even then, you'll have to get lucky), you'll need something else to entice people.

In regards to what you have, I guess it's a good start; it looks pretty much identical to FE8 so far, though.

Writing isn't dead weight, per se, but it's not a very highly valued skill in the sense that it'll make other people want to join you, for the simple reason that pretty much everyone else who posts a concept here (and believe me, there are lots; the majority of which never get off the ground) is writing their own story. Unless you're a really really good writer (and even then, you'll have to get lucky), you'll need something else to entice people.

In regards to what you have, I guess it's a good start; it looks pretty much identical to FE8 so far, though.

True, but I'm only one part of the team. I just the one who has a sereneforest account. We had programmers, and other people for it. I'm just looking for what's missing.

The story might seem similar. I'm trying to make it different. Aster won't need to be saved by her brother. I'm not going to say Iroas will fall. All I'm saying is the beginning. There won't be sacred stones. The real power in the game is the Ether.

Idea guy. Does that meaning writing is dead weight. I'm a writer. I tell stories.

Characters. Well some of them.

Princess Aster, the Holy Knight. One of the two lords. She's fierce with her sword, and always willing to do what she can protect others.

Prince Ainz, The Dark Knight. A brutal warrior, with a tendency to wreck havoc on the battlefield, crushing his enemies with brutal strength.

Diz, A member of Íroas army. Its Tactician.

Isaac, a rider of Iroas.

Olaf: A fighter who seeks battle.

T.K- son of Olaf, aspring warrior. He ran to face the bandits attacking his home.

Duran-A rider of Iroas, who has returned to aid it.

Iskander-A warrior of Iroas. Legendery for his strength.

Skye, A sky captian of Caelum.

Those are some of the characters. I"m still thinking up more. I have other characters like Terra, Blaze, Leon, Sirus, Grey, and Alaric, I haven't figured quite what characters they will be.

I also have the plot started.

Four kingdoms of the land Bellum. Iros, the kingdom of Knights. Caelum, the sky kingdom, Magisal, the kingdom of sorcerers. Autem, the merc kingdom. Luxheim, rest the order of the Holy dawn, where the paladins of Belllum make their home.Since the demon war 1000 years ago, these kingdoms have held a peace.. Suddenly that peace has shattered. Magisal has sent forces to attack all other kingdoms, Starting with Iroas. Prince Ainz leads the counterattack, but Magisal seems to be causing as much damage as they can.

Your lords are very similar to FE8s, sword wielding female who's nice, and a dude who's rough on the edges.

Your Tactician idea is neat, but what do they do? Are they a FE7 Tactiction, an FE12, or an FE13)

(FE7 - Plot important, not deployable)

(FE12 - Little plot importance, deployable)

(FE13 - Plot important, deployable, Game over on death)

Is the Tactician customizable? How much do you want it customizable? Do they have a personality, or is it bland, like FE13 and FE14 avatars are, so everyone can be a self insert?

Isacc doesn't stand out. He's just 'A rider'. Obviously he has a horse, but what's his story? Personality?

Olaf and T.K. are literally Garcia and Ross. Make Olaf a Hero (Class), retired war veteran, who's trying to teach his kid to use a sword for self defense, but he's just not cut for it, so he's a mage. There, you've not only deviated from FE8, but you got a Mage, and you can build a relationship around that.

Duran, like Isacc, is just there. Personality? What do they do? Do they exist to exist, like Marisa in FE8? Or do they have importance? Is it for one chapter, or quite a few?

Iskander is finnaly a unique character, that works. Probably adding to his personality is really what you need.

Skye reeks of Syrene. If she's the early game Pegasus, she's not a leader. She should be a recruit that's spared off an army or something similar.

Your plot is bland of course. And just FE8s, slightly changed. What if it's a peaceful nation, but a small, oft forgotten nation suddenly attacks a nearby nation, which is overthrown quickly. A third falls, and then the Prince runs off to kill things to stop the fighting, so there kingdom doesn't fall. Later, a stranger, you can make a name, takes the princess out of the castle. She knows she's being taken, but drugged, so no choice. Outside, she watches the castle fall to an attack. Whoever this is, works with her through the game to win or something. You could take a card from FE8, and just go to another Kingdom to get a couple guys. The stranger is a theif, and you do 1 chapter just female lord and theif. Then you get a Jagen, who sits in the background, probably ingrain in his personality that he's old, and doesn't speak really, so he can fade away easy. Then the Princess has to go about to the kingdoms, gather allies, find her brother, who's probably a level 14-17 lord when you get him, and then he's relevent, and they work together to just beat up the kingdom attacking. FE games use dragons way too much. They can be enemies, just no the final boss of the game. Before you say that, look at the FE games out, and see *all of them* have dragons as the final boss. Medusa, Grima, Anankos, Fire Dragon, Formortis, Iduen...

Overall, your idea is there, just nothing else to do things. Not going to throw down the 'I'll help' card, but there's a start you should look at. Reject my idea, change it, I don't care. You can roll with it. I don't plan to use the stuff I came up with in 5 minutes as a plot for a hack myself.

Your main thing to work on - Detail. You only put the bare minimum. Make characters first. Decide who knows who. How? What's each characters past, personality, abilities, class, and relationship status. Then move to the story, and implement your characters wherever. Your bosses are throwaway characters you need for a mission, 3 tops really, aside from a few, who are mentioned all over. You'll probably decide what sides to put characters, and where as you make them, so work with that as well. Probably speaking out of my *** here, but oh well, just my thoughts.

Good Luck.

-A Magic 8 Ball.

Edited by MagicBall