Monster Hunter XX announced for 3DS

The DanMan

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20161027/index.html

So, yeah. Remember that mysterious Monster Hunter game that's supposed to release by the end of Capcom's fiscal year? This seems like it will be it. Probably the most disappointing aspect is that it'll be on the 3DS, which as already had four Monster Hunter titles. Kinda hoping it's Monster Hunter 5 and 5G ends up on the Switch and is the one we get- it feels a bit too late for XG.

Edited by The DanMan

How interesting.

Thank you for the information, The DanMan.

I don't know what to expect of it but we will see in time.

As for XG (or GG), I thought that this episode was supposed to never get a "G".

(And hell, I can't imagine myself having to fight a Hellblade Glavenus in G Rank.)

Monster Hunter XX was announced for 3DS. Featuring two new styles, G rank, new variants and new (and returning) monsters.

Honestly kinda hope they do a more limited release in the West- since there's probably going to be save data transfer, I'd be for a cheaper digital-only release. I don't want the West to get burnt out on the series.

EDIT: The logo.

Double_Cross_huh.png

"Double Cross", huh?

Edited by The DanMan

Barioth, Barroth and the Diablos are returning!

Great, now where's the Hypnocatrice?

On a more serious note, what is this "blueish stance"? A new style? Or a rework of the Bushido/Adept?

The new Elder Dragon looks neat.

Honestly kinda hope they do a more limited release in the West- since there's probably going to be save data transfer, I'd be for a cheaper digital-only release. I don't want the West to get burnt out on the series.

I do agree.

Barioth, Barroth and the Diablos are returning!

Great, now where's the Hypnocatrice?

On a more serious note, what is this "blueish stance"? A new style? Or a rework of the Bushido/Adept?

The new Elder Dragon looks neat.

I do agree.

It's one of the two new styles- Brave Style.

I am hyped.

Brave style seems to be a slightly different take on Adept, where you build up a gauge overtime that gives you a boost once it's full as well as counter attacks.

It's nice to see that Barroth and Barioth are back, though I hope they're also going to bring back other monsters like Nerscylla, Qurupeco, Gigginox and even the Great -ggis (I don't know why we're stuck with the dromes instead of the Jaggi variant).

It's good to hear that we'll be able to transfer our MHG file to the new game (though maybe I'll challenge myself to go through the game again with a different weapon.)

Brave Style seems to drain HP while waiting for the counter. Also, the second new style is called "Organizer Style" (a guy in the stream mentioned the name when they were teasing it and everybody else got mad at him, so probably wasn't meant to be revealed this early).

...The longsword gets freaking guard points. I'm done.

I'm not sure about the specifics, but it seems that the "Brave gauge" (it appears above the player's name) can be charged manually, by hitting monsters, or by evading through attacks. We need GH on this.

EDIT: Gaijinhunter has put out a video overviewing what we know of Brave style and his thoughts on it. It clears a lot up.

https://youtu.be/SHDPx4CxvnA

Edited by The DanMan

Brave Style seems pretty interesting.

And a small detail I noticed is that the picture for Brave Style GH shows in his vid(at around 0:26) seems to present the male G-rank Blademaster Mizutsune armor.

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening fellow Hunters!

So, Capcom posted a few videos on their Youtube with intel about the Brave Style.

Unfortunately, I can't read Japanese but still we can see how the style will work out on this video:

There is also videos about Brave Style with GS,LS,SnS and DS.

Have a nice day!

Edited by Ycine

Good evening fellow Hunters!

So, Capcom posted a few videos on their Youtube with intel about the Brave Style.

Unfortunately, I can't read Japanese but still we can see how the style will work out on this video:

There is also videos about Brave Style with GS,LS,SnS and DS.

Have a nice day!

Just to add to this, they just released videos for Hammer, Hunting Horn, Lance, Gunlance and Switchaxe.

Here's a playlist for all the vids. The vids for the remaining weapons will probably be added when they come out. EDIT: The vids for the remaining weapons have been released.

And here's some summaries of the videos that I found on reddit:

General - Holding brave stance drains HP at a fairly slow rate (about poison level?) and drain stamina fast (ice blight + running away from monster fast)

When you take a hit during brave stance, you'll take some chip damage but only as red health and automatically do the back roll.

Attacking monster build up brave bar, with brave-attack giving a lot of bars (the GS lv 3 gave like 1/4 of a bar or more)

DB - Brave mode = arch demon. And the new move have a GP where if it block something it restores sharpness.

LS - blue aura during brave mode (attack increases), spirit combo seem to be shorten to 3 input? With the 3rd input being 1 hit into Adept's finisher (2 hits). First hit in spirit combo has a counter point at the start.

SnS - Do a leap back while swinging, and can follow up with a rush in attack (so imagine ground version of Aerial leap)

GS - Draw into strong charge (doesn't seem the follow up swipe to be possible from this though? There's no yellow flash to that swipe). Demon dash-ish steps. Super-Strong Charge have a huge forward movement to the swing (about evade extended roll?) and have a super-super-swipe follow up.

SA (brave attack is sword double swing) - Gain quick step much like GS. Can chain back n forth between sword and axe very easily (in particular, it's sword's double swing -> axe's wild swings, axe downward swing -> sword double swing) the X+A burst gets a second burst.

Lance (brave attack is the upward->swipe much like Adetp guard followup) - Guarding in brave mode seem to prevent chip damage altogether. Advance guard's shield attack can chain straight into other attacks? and vice versa.

Gunlance (upswing into a load) - Interestingly, this shows a perk outside of brave mode too, in that quick loading (only load 1 shell) have guard point while loading. Brave mode benefits are chain firing of shells (increase damage the more you chain) and quicker firing of wyvern fire.

Hammer (left side upswing, i.e. early spin cancel of lv 3 charge) - Quick step instead of rolls. Can chain charge attack into stronger charge attacks.

HH (play song swing) - New song playing attacks which are much faster + probably also more powerful, same apply to encore.

CB gets a Guard Point on every evade, like a shield-charge instead of your normal roll, and gets a special axe combo after charging your phials while your Brave meter is loaded. Also notice the Ultra Burst didn't remove his blue shield buff.

Insect Glaive looks kind of so-so, basically unchanged (unless I'm missing something), but gets the cool sidestep evade. Also it looks like the Kinsect is attacking the monster quite aggressively while your Brave meter is loaded.

HBG can start a running animation out of every roll-evade with your Brave meter charged, and gets a new and improved Crouching Fire that increases firing speed with each shot.

LBG gets special auto-attack shots with each sidestep while Brave meter is loaded.

Bow looks like it gets an extra shot after Power Shot and it looks like you can go from backhop --> side roll which looks really nice and nimble, but Mega Dash Juice or stamina recovery skills will be a must-have.

Edited by LuxSpes

Welp, thanks a lot for the summary LuxSpes.

Insect Glaive looks kind of so-so, basically unchanged (unless I'm missing something), but gets the cool sidestep evade. Also it looks like the Kinsect is attacking the monster quite aggressively while your Brave meter is loaded.

It looks identic as the usual Insect Glaive minus the step evade.