Maxing Out Stats and Boosting Stat Caps

SylvieLeo

Fates is my first re-entry into Fire Emblem since Path of Radiance, so I have a few questions about stats.

It seems that each class has its own cap on each stat. For example, as of right now, my avatar (Boon Skl, Bane HP) is capped at 40 Spd and 29 Lck as a Mechanist. My other Mechanists have yet to reach those numbers in their respective stats, so I don't have a comparison to make. My Sakura is capped at 37 Spd and 33 Lck as Swordmaster. Again I don't have a comparison in my roster (she's faster than Ryoma!). Thus, I'm baffled at how certain PvP battles have characters with 60+ in certain stats (and the average seems to be in the 50s for relevant stats).

Are stat caps character specific, class specific, or sometimes both?

I know that statues are a huge part of raising stat caps, but I'm unsure by what amount the raise would be for a stat with all the fully upgraded statues for that stat. For example, how many Str statues are there, and what is the total raise for the Str stat for all characters?

And what is this about Logbook shenanigans? How does the Logbook affect stat raises?

Is there a web page with all this info?

Thanks you!

Edited by SylvieLeo

The logbook exploit works in that it takes the highest stat increase by statues and once a character is saved to the logbook, it saves that cap-increase to that specific character. This means you can make two save files (Revelation I believe gives you the most via character availability) and have the benefit of all available stat cap increases via statues into a logbook unit. So for example, you can make your Ike have stats he would otherwise not be able to have in one normal save file.

The logbook exploit works in that it takes the highest stat increase by statues and once a character is saved to the logbook, it saves that cap-increase to that specific character. This means you can make two save files (Revelation I believe gives you the most via character availability) and have the benefit of all available stat cap increases via statues into a logbook unit. So for example, you can make your Ike have stats he would otherwise not be able to have in one normal save file.

For the Logbook exploit involving character statues, you can make 4 save files (each focusing on a different Asset/Bane combo with one being +STR/-HP or +HP/-STR) to give a Logbook unit the most stats possible. It does require a lot of grinding for kills and money though.

Thanks for all the replies! Very useful info, and it makes Fates more complicated than I had thought! I did jump into my first PvP battle today, and lost! But it was a pretty close match (it was down to one-on-one!), and my units weren't maxed out yet, so it gives me hope that there are normal people out there who want to just enjoy the thrill of wifi battles, as opposed to just hardcore grinders (#respect) and/or hackers.

When you think they're hacking, put on handicap. Then you won't go down without a fight at least. The way you know is when they have between 1300 and 1400. My Kaden Hero got 99 speed on a handicap against a hacker so you won't have a giant disadvantage.

Edited by InigoPadalin

When you think they're hacking, put on handicap. Then you won't go down without a fight at least. The way you know is when they have between 1300 and 1400. My Kaden Hero got 99 speed on a handicap against a hacker so you won't have a giant disadvantage.

99 Spd is freaking crazy! That must have been an insane hacker if handicap gave you that boost. And thanks for the tip!