Fe4 arena help

Filbertian

Im playing Fe4 for the first time and I was wondering if i should use arenas and how much I should use them? Im asking this because I don't want to make my army massively over powered and steam roll the whole game. Also I would like to know: are there any named units in the arena and does the arena reset every chapter?

1. Arena has a set of 7 units that are fought in order for every character. Once one is beaten, that character can't fight them anymore. Units have names and some are references. The list is on the site, by the way. Some are different between melee/mages and bow users.

2. You don't die if you lose, but leave 1 HP (in case you didn't lose already)

3. New set of units every chapter, so if one has you stuck they don't come back in the next chapter.

Honestly, I recommend it as it can help prop up units who are behind in levels, and the money helps every unit.

And one unit is recruited from the arena. So at the very least use it in chapter 2.

You have different opponents to fight in the arena in every chapter. Also, make sure that you clear the arena in chapter 2 with a unit that uses a melee weapon. I would use the arena for units who are either behind in levels or funds as each unit has their own gold to hold and is not shared between units unless its with a thief or a units spouse. Don't feel bad if your units become overpowered at certain parts of the game as IIRC, the child units get base stat bonuses if their parents max out in levels.

Arenas are a natural part of the game process. Your units will never promote or have money without them. You can't abuse them because they have a limit of 7 fights per chapter, and only a handful of your units are even good enough to finish that.

Your army will never be so overpowered (especially in gen 1) that the game is just "easy" or anything. Even going through the arena won't leave you much stronger each chapter. On average I'd say you'd get two level ups per chapter arena IF you complete the whole arena with units without Elite/the Elite Ring. Ultimately the game will just be harder without the arena, tbh. Plus since it's your only way to make money without a thief attacking, the Thief Ring or the Thief Sword, you pretty much have to to repair weapons... and holy weapon expenses are going to leave you broke if you use the weapons too much.

Your best bet is to go as far through the arena as you can with each unit each chapter the arena is available (as it's not available in the prologue or chapter six).

• 1 year later...

Hello everybody

I discovered Fire Emblem today with the 2nd SNES episode Genealogy of War. 

It's not that easy the first time you play it, i'm a bit lost and completely addicted at the same time... 

Anyway i got a silly question about arenas... I just saved my party after the prologue : i've done the arenas with all my characters and most of them didn't make the seven fights so they only got 1 HP...... So how can i cure them? So far i just used the 'Ethlyn' girl while fighting, i'm pretty sure there's something else but i can't find it...  I even watched youtube videos, all i found was a guy puting 'reset' everytime he was losing a battle in the arena but i just can't believe there's nothing elese to it