Question about Anankos (Spoilers)

Man of Many Faces

I might have missed this in the story, but if Anankos was so powerful why didn't he attack Nohr and Hoshido on his own instead of manipulating others to do it. In past Fire Emblem games villains manipulate others because they either didn't have access to there real body or it was sealed. Anankos on the other hand had all his powers he just choose to give a large portion of it to Garon, but if he were to have used his full power he could have destroyed both Kingdoms. Also his powers does seem to work outside of his kingdom, since he was able to give Garon power, possessed Takumi, and turn his soldiers invisible outside of his kingdom.

Anankos is weaker outside of Valla. Soleil even asks the same question that you did.

[spoiler=Hidden Truths/Heirs of Fate]

Anankos: She knows that, like myself, she will lose most of her power when she leaves here...

Shiro: Am I understanding you right, Shigure? Is this Anankos guy the real target?

Shigure: I just went over this, Shiro. Yes. The dragon king of Valla is our true enemy.
Soleil: But if all he wants is to wipe out the human race, why doesn't he do it himself? From the way you describe him, he could smash an entire kingdom in one blow.

Shigure: The Silent Dragon is much less powerful outside of his kingdom. Without his ability to make direct assaults, he set his sights on adjacent astral planes.

He was also sealed away somehow, but it's only ever mentioned in Heirs of Fate. He's also only capable of possessing Takumi after he fell into the Bottomless Canyon.

Takumi: Yeah. It was insane. We ran into Nohrian troops just outside Izumo and began fighting. Ryoma and I were separated in the early stages of combat, before we had to retreat. We were outnumbered...and pushed to the brink of the Bottomless Canyon.

Corrin: So we still have no idea where he is...
Takumi: No, I'm afraid not. Something triggered a massive landslide, and I was caught up in it. That's how I fell into the canyon.
Corrin: You actually fell into the Bottomless Canyon? How are you still alive?
Hinoka: I've never heard of anyone returning from there before.
Takumi: I...I have no idea. All I remember is falling. There was a period of darkness, and then I woke up here.
Edited by Lightchao42

Anankos is weaker outside of Valla. Soleil even asks the same question that you did.

[spoiler=Hidden Truths/Heirs of Fate]

He was also sealed away somehow, but it's only ever mentioned in Heirs of Fate. He's also only capable of possessing Takumi after he fell into the Bottomless Canyon.

But he still had access to his invisible soldiers, he only ever sends one outside of Valla. It would have been hard for Nohr or Hoshido to take on a army of them. In chapter 13 of Revelation one soldier alone was able to create mass panic, imagine a army.

But he still had access to his invisible soldiers, he only ever sends one outside of Valla. It would have been hard for Nohr or Hoshido to take on a army of them. In chapter 13 of Revelation one soldier alone was able to create mass panic, imagine a army.

He could do that, but he wants Nohr and Hoshido to destroy each other for him. A bunch of invisible soldiers attacking places would make it obvious that a third party is at work, and they might even ally again him (which they do in Revelation). Anankos only uses his own soldiers when absolutely necessary; a Nohrian couldn't kill Mikoto due to the barrier she placed over Hoshido, so he was forced to use Sumeragi instead.

Edited by Lightchao42

He could do that, but he wants Nohr and Hoshido to destroy each other for him. A bunch of invisible soldiers attacking places would make it obvious that a third party is at work, and they might even ally again him (which they do in Revelation). Anankos only uses his own soldiers when absolutely necessary; a Nohrian couldn't kill Mikoto due to the barrier she placed over Hoshido, so he was forced to use Sumeragi instead.

Not exactly. He does send his invisible soldiers into Fatesland on a few occasions such Birthright 11, Conquest Endgame and Revelations 13, among others. Perhaps he doesn't have enough power to wipe out both Hoshido and Nohr on his own or maybe he wants Hoshido and Nohr to destroy each other for teh evuls.

He does use Invisible Soldiers during the attack against Hoshido's capital in the beginning, the Norh endgame and also in several of the Paralogues. They really don't seem to amount to much most of the time, aside from a few specific ones.

Edited by NeonZ