[Sacred Stones] Keep Natasha or leave her

MasashiH

Current chapter - 17.River of Regrets

Main Lord - Eirika (Great Lord LV.13)

For some reason I ended up ignoring Natasha (only used her for getting Joshua) and now she is only a lvl 5 cleric.

Does Natasha have any useful purpose, or should I go for other healers?

Current stats

LV 5 - Exp 88

HP 20/20

Mag 4 --- Move 5

Skill 5 --- Con 4

Spd 9 --- Aid 3

Luck 9 --- Def 2

Res 8

Extra info - I have been abusing the Tower of Valni for solo/duo level up runs.

Edited by MasashiH

If you've made it that far, I'm assuming you've been using other characters for healing, in which case there isn't really any reason to bring Natasha up to speed, since there's really nothing important she can do that others can't.

It'd be helpful to know who you already have on Staff duty, (and if anybody is dead) although it probably doesn't really change things much.

Edited by Topaz Light

If you've made it that far, I'm assuming you've been using other characters for healing, in which case there isn't really any reason to bring Natasha up to speed, since there's really nothing important she can do that others can't.

It'd be helpful to know who you already have on Staff duty, (and if anybody is dead) although it probably doesn't really change things much.

The thing is that I used to switch between Moulder, L'Arachel and Natasha (would bring two of the three in apparently difficult chapters)

Most leveled up staff user is Moulder, being a LV 16 Priest with A rank on staffs. L'Arachel was left at the same level as Natasha, not promoted yet.

Ahhh, in that case, I'd just stick with Moulder, and bring in Saleh as a secondary Staff-user. L'Arachel also still has a niche as a mounted healer, too, which could be useful. Just take extra care to keep her safe if she's still so low-leveled.

Incidentally, where are Artur, Lute, Ewan, and Knoll, promotion-wise? Any of them could help out with Staff duty, too, if they've made it to second tier. Incidentally, if Artur is nearing promotion, making him a Bishop will net him an instant C in Staves, which will be extra helpful if you're looking for additional healers.

Edited by Topaz Light

Ahhh, in that case, I'd just stick with Moulder, and bring in Saleh as a secondary Staff-user. L'Arachel also still has a niche as a mounted healer, too, which could be useful. Just take extra care to keep her safe if she's still so low-leveled.

Incidentally, where are Artur, Lute, Ewan, and Knoll, promotion-wise? Any of them could help out with Staff duty, too, if they've made it to second tier.

Lute is a fresh mage knight (I think she could have probably worked better as a sage), recently promoted Ewan into a Sage and the rest are still in their tier 1 class. (Artur at LV 12, Knoll at LV 10)

While favouring movement, sometimes raw power is better in some chapters.

Edited by MasashiH

Ahhh, in that case, I'd just plop Heal or Mend Staves on Lute and Ewan, maybe get Artur the rest of the way up to level 20 and promote him if you're still interested in using him (you could also do this with Knoll, but it doesn't look like you've touched him really). Between those two, Moulder, and Saleh, you should be good on Staves.

And there's nothing to worry about in regards to making Lute a Mage Knight; she usually has more than enough Magic for the main game even so. As for the Creature Campaign, if that's something you care about, I'm sure she'll still be workable, and it's not like she'll be your only heavy-hitting spellcaster or anything.

Edited by Topaz Light

If Moulder turned out bad, then I would go with Natasha, but you should be okay

My question is, why'd you make Ewan a Mage? Do you just prefer Mages to Shamans?

According to the wiki, both classes are fine for Ewan's growths. Never thought of having a druid, since I thought at first of having only Knoll as the single dark magic user.

I thought of making the opposite of every selection (except some) of promotions when playing Ephraim's route, so I'll try out Shaman/Druid Ewan.

According to the wiki, both classes are fine for Ewan's growths. Never thought of having a druid, since I thought at first of having only Knoll as the single dark magic user.

I thought of making the opposite of every selection (except some) of promotions when playing Ephraim's route, so I'll try out Shaman/Druid Ewan.

DO IT! Knoll sucks, Ewan is MUCH better

Or just don't use a Shaman at all. ;) Dark Magic isn't that great in this game, thanks to its huge tome weights. The legendary Dark Tome doesn't even deal effective damage to monsters.

If you do want to take the Shaman route, you could consider the Summoner class. Losing out on Anima isn't too great, but it might be fun to play around with some disposable units. In that case, Knoll's phantoms are actually a bit stronger than Ewan's, but since you don't need them to survive anything anyway, that doesn't really matter.

Or just don't use a Shaman at all. ;) Dark Magic isn't that great in this game, thanks to its huge tome weights. The legendary Dark Tome doesn't even deal effective damage to monsters.

If you do want to take the Shaman route, you could consider the Summoner class. Losing out on Anima isn't too great, but it might be fun to play around with some disposable units. In that case, Knoll's phantoms are actually a bit stronger than Ewan's, but since you don't need them to survive anything anyway, that doesn't really matter.

But Dark Magic is still better than Light Magic

What does that have to do with Ewan? I didn't really take Sage!Ewan's access to Light tomes into account because slayer-less Light magic is indeed underwhelming. My opinion (Mage is probably better then Shaman for Ewan) doesn't change because of that.

But Dark Magic is still better than Light Magic

Yeah, if you ignore that the high end dark tomes are stupidly heavy to the point of being unusable, that is. Well, that, and Luna getting nerfed to hell.

As for the question, if she's that low and you're that late in the game, you'd likely have someone else who can heal.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia