Who is into Animal Crossing?

auraninja

I haven't really posted here that much, but I wanted to ask if anybody was interested in Animal Crossing?

Beyond the title, who are your favorite characters, how much do you play, and are you looking forward to tomorrow's direct.

Seeing as what yesterday was, Halloween gave me a hard time when literally half of my villagers are afraid of bugs.

Only one clue I got didn't elude to a villager who was afraid of bugs.

I tried new leaf and hated it. I guess it's just not for me. I'd be interested to know why so many people like it though,

It isn't for everybody, that's for sure. The "play everyday" mechanic would surely turn people off.

It turns me off, but I still play it. :/

I started with New Leaf after I got it through a free game promo.

Pretty sure I sank around 500-800 hours into it (can't check because my 3DS is downloading for a hour).

I loved how there was SO much to do, so long as you're the type of person that likes trying everything and setting your own goals. Made some cool friends as well, although since I stopped playing a while back, I haven't seen them for ages ;___;

Tomorrow, I'm not entirely sure what to expect, but it'd be nice to have the Sanrio furniture confirmed for the West as well. I need the My Melody furniture...

Edited by VincentASM

I started with New Leaf after I got it through a free game promo.

Pretty sure I sank around 500-800 hours into it (can't check because my 3DS is downloading for a hour).

I loved how there was SO much to do, so long as you're the type of person that likes trying everything and setting your own goals. Made some cool friends as well, although since I stopped playing a while back, I haven't seen them for ages ;___;

Tomorrow, I'm not entirely sure what to expect, but it'd be nice to have the Sanrio furniture confirmed for the West as well. I need the My Melody furniture...

Oh hai God.

I actually have been playing the same file for 3 years about, so...

I hope the Pokemon amiibo actually contribute in a unique way. So many times, they get the "you got a coin" treatment.

I'm like kinda addicted to new leaf at the moment, I'm at that point where I restrain myself from shaking every trees because it literally eats up my time so quickly, I could easily spend like 2-3 hours just playing animal crossing r i p. I'm currently playing it so I can't check on the time, but I got it May 22 and I've played everyday for the past 5 months.

I also have my dream adress in my signature pls visit me

edit: 133 hours and 56 minutes w h o o p s

Edited by Princess Lore

I've been playing New Leaf since 2014. I used to play a lot, but now I just do the routine stuff (weeds, fossils, watering, etc). I've just managed to deposit 100,000,000 bells in my account and am now trying to get the rest of the medals I don't have. My favourite villager is Celia. As for tomorrow's Direct, I'm looking forward to it, but probably won't be able to catch it live.

I also have my dream adress in my signature pls visit me

Sure!

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I was into New Leaf, until my file got deleted by accident. That's what I get for deleting the wrong file.

That's not really that bad, because I almost finished the game,goodness, that dumb giraffe and her absurd demand, and the price of her items... not that bells is a problem by that point but still, and since I was almost done with the game, I would just left it, and you konw what happens when you left an Animal Crossing game. Guilt.

Anyways, got all the fossiles. most of the bugs, far from having all the fishes, but I wasn't really interested by fishing and bug catching, I was more interested into talking to my villagers, doing works, planting bushes, digging, placing things the right way.

I remember, I always wanted to puts lamps near each house, bridges and at each corner, while planting the bushes very closes to them, and very close to the riversides and cliffs, it was very pretty.

My favorite villagers that loveable grumpy wolf, Fang, Marina the octopus, and Merengue (an adorable freaking strawberry rhino !)

See when I play AC, completing the museum becomes my thing. Bugs and fish are especially fun~

The museum is plain awesome !

Just taking a walk into the museum and you're like, 'Woaw, I did that', and it's just nice.

The bugs part of the museum was particularly nice,since it's just so animated.

... those spiders though, not... exactly what I wanted to see in my lil' nicy game.

Edited by B.Leu

I've had it for a long time but I've been playing it a lot for the past year or so. Just downloaded the update last night and its been pretty great.

Though I have a bad habit of deleting and recreating my town repeatedly.

Animal Crossing is my jam. I got New Leaf when it came out and have been pretty much playing it ever since. Although, i didnt play for the majority of this year because it got a bit boring and i was struggling with motivation to keep my town going. My town is themed for the most part.

The update, however, got me playing again. This update is so nice. I fell in love with HHD, so when i heard HHD items and some mechanics (touch screen furniture arranging) was happening, i screamed. Oh yes sock it to me. The amiibo feature allows me to wholly customize who moves into my town. *record scratch* Just...think about that. No more having to worry about getting a dumpy ass villager. I have a New3DS so i got amiibo use and quite a few amiibo cards from playing HHD. Not to mention the cool shit and character you can get from scanning Zelda amiibos. H o l y s h i t. While New Leaf was more flexible with how you can plan and semi-customize who can move in, this takes it up to eleven and its AWESOME. I managed to muster motivation to pay off my main character's house in full. The store room is SO GR9. Its hella space and i love it. Since i got three other humans in town, im going to work on getting the store room for them and be able to store ALL THE THINGS in a very nice fashion.

Hmm... I played Wild World on the NDS a lot when I was much younger (not 100s of hours, I couldn't say how many though), I tried New Leaf but I didn't really like it.

The concept just bugs me now. I don't like games with no goals. You play to have more cash, to buy stuff, make your house bigger so you can buy more stuff but at the end of the day you don't really do anything with it. Giving fishes, insects and fossils to the Museum was bit a fun, but still pointless. And the ergonomics were heavy af, so the gameplay wasn't that great.

TBH I'd have preferred a Direct for FE Mobile and/or Fates' Festivals (for GL and Lodestar) instead of a 3 years old game. I mean, that's great that Nintendo cares about aging games, but eh.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt