Who is your favorite royal-retainer group in Fates?

Erureido

Who is your favorite royal-retainer group in Fates?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite royal-retainer group in Fates?

• Ryoma, Saizo, and Kagero
    • Xander, Laslow, and Peri
    • Hinoka, Setsuna, and Azama
    • Camilla, Beruka, and Selena
    • Takumi, Oboro, and Hinata
    • Leo, Niles, and Odin
    • Sakura, Hana, and Subaki
    • Elise, Effie, and Arthur

Camilla and squad, fo sho. I can't say I particularly like Selena, but in the context of this game, she was bearable. And they were much appreciated when they arrived in game, to save the day in that chapter.

Team Corrin, tbh. All of Gunter, Felicia, Jakob, and Kaze have an interesting dynamic with their own motivations and are among my favorite characters in the game overall. It's also worth noting that every character on that list, save for Jakob, has an exceptional English voice.

Yup. Agreed. Too bad it aint an option....

Team Xander: Probably my favorite out of the poll choices. Support conversations were well executed between them, specifically Xander and Laslows.

Team Ryouma: Good, but almost awkward with their interactions with each other outside of their work.

Team Camilla: I dunno. No real opinion on them.

Team Hinoka: I have some (lots of) disdain towards Azama. He's just an ass... Though I can only imagine how well him and Niles could get along with their sharp tongues... Setsuna seems like she's on something, but I don't know what exactly... Better ask Midori. I admit that I found some of her support

Team Leo: Good chemistry.

Team Takumi: Good balance. Feels more "friendshippy" than royal/retainers, Takumi just seems like the leader of the pack.

Team Elise: Effie is kinda bland, but Arthur easily compensates.

Team Sakura: Takumi's retainer relationships + Ryouma retainer relationships = Sakura retainer relationships. Hana is supposedly Sakura's best friend, but both Subaki and Hana seem very dedicated to their work.

Poor Azura... No retainers....

I would have gone with the Takumi group, but I don't much like Takumi so that's a no. My vote goes to Leo, Niles, and Odin, all of which I enjoy so that's an easy one to make for me.

Team Corrin, tbh. All of Gunter, Felicia, Jakob, and Kaze have an interesting dynamic with their own motivations and are among my favorite characters in the game overall. It's also worth noting that every character on that list, save for Jakob, has an exceptional English voice.

This was not a choice in the poll and I think it should be considered, even if not officially recognized as retainers in the game. At least Felica/Jakob and Gunter all serve Corrin even after leaving Nohr.

Edited by ___

Team Leo is my favorite simply because I love all three of them. They don't have the most interesting dynamic, but I love Niles and Odin as a duo, and they are so freakin' hilarious on their own, plus it's funny imagining Leo (who's a great character in his own right) groaning in annoyance putting up with their shenanigans. With the other groups of royal retainers, there's typically one whom I'm not as fond of, or I just don't adore them as much as a whole.

Yup, pretty much why Team Leo is probably my favorite group. I just love all three characters the most out of all the rest; they pretty much had my heart the minute Odin and Niles started gushing over how worried they were about Leo and Leo telling them to reel it in. (though i'm probably also biased because i read a short fic about odin and niles throwing leo a surprise birthday celebration and leo ended up covered in cake i was so weak)

Team Takumi is definitely my second favorite group, for reasons everyone else has already mentioned; they feel more like a friend group than workers and their interactions feel very natural. I could do without the Takumi worship, but it's sweet in its own right. Lord knows taco meat could use some love and appreciation after everything he's had to deal with.

Team Camilla I quite like, too. As expected, Camilla dotes on them like crazy, but I love Selena's support with Camilla. (minus the whole leg-breaking thing) They feel like sorority sisters who no one dares to mess with because all of them can destroy your ass if irked.

I feel like Team Ryoma would have trouble relaxing or showing any sort of personality beyond the "extremely devoted bodyguard" archetype. But I really like Saizo and Kagero is alright, so I can let it slide somewhat.

I'm neutral on Team Sakura. I don't particularly love anyone in the group except Sakura and Hana still hasn't redeemed herself in my eyes. Knowing that Sakura enlisted Tsubaki because he seemed perfect and then made his intro by falling on his face did get a laugh out of me, though.

I haven't seen much of Team Xander, so I'm neutral for now. I am especially fond of Xander and Laslow, so we'll see. (peri kind of ruins this group for me though im sorry i dont like her and knowing that xander enlisted her because he thought she was hot just does not do anything to help my case)

Elise, Effie, and Arthur probably get into some wonderfully stupid shenanigans. They feel more like a comical trio that's missing the voice of reason/the brains of the group to set them straight. They're pretty straightforward characters, but I love Elise, so it evens out.

My least favorite is probably Team Hinoka since I just don't find any of the characters that likable. If anything, they might be my least favorites, and how did Mister Afro'd Asshole and Stoned Trap Lady end up as bodyguards for a princess of Hoshido? They've just got nothing going on for me. I don't really see any redeeming traits.

I'm pretty sure Team Corrin on a Royal Scramble/Royale would be either Corrin, Silas and Kaze or Felicia and Jakob. Formally his retainers are Felicia and Jakob, but Silas and Kaze do mimic that role pretty well through their sworn loyalty and attachment to Corrin, Silas specifically.

Gunter, Felicia, and Jakob are all official. Kaze is non-canon, but I consider his A-support credible enough to include him as a retainer for discussion purposes. lol @ Silas. Homie ain't shit, even if he thinks he is.

Even without Kaze, Gunter and company are the god-trio. There's no group dynamic better than theirs.

How did Mister Afro'd Asshole and Stoned Trap Lady end up as bodyguards for a princess of Hoshido? They've just got nothing going on for me. I don't really see any redeeming traits.

Hinoka and Azama's supports do explain how he became her retainer.

Azama first met Hinoka when she was a young pegasus rider. One day, she crashed into a forest where Azama was meditating, and Azama found and healed her. At the time, Hinoka didn't know Azama was the troll that he was. She had the impression he was a wise, selfless priest, so she decided to make him one of her retainers when the time came.