What's your favorite art style for fire emblem?

Dinar87

What's your most wanted art style for fire emblem?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see?

• Tellius-styled
    • Current-style
    • GBA-styled
    • NES
    • SNES
    • Shadow dragon
    • FE12
    • Other

Hello again! This time I'd be interested to know what you guys want in regards to the art style of the fire emblem games. I think one of the big reasons I like the tellius series is due to the more realistic art style used as, seeing as I want fire emblem to focus on the realistic sides of war rather than somewhat-fantasy as it's currently doing. I would actually love to see a fire emblem game that takes place in our own medieval ages and could even be based on real people! That would be preferable to me than another game that has a lot of fantasy elements again like huge dragons and slime monsters!

I should mention that I mean no disrespect to the current artist and I think his work is ok...I just prefer Senri Kita's work by a long shot as it fulfills my desire to have fire emblem more grounded in realism than fantasy.

Again, I think it'd be cool to have a fire emblem based on real wars and people who lived in that era...imo that'd be pretty awesome!

Edited by Dinar87

Tellius, by far.

GBA style is too plain and boring, and current is too fanservicey and impractical (majorly, some characters still look okay, just not nearly as many as before). Meanwhile, Tellius manages to look excellent AND practical at the same time. The armor and clothing look beautiful and the WOMEN WEAR PANTS (mostly). Even Petrine who was clearly designed to look "sexy" isn't nearly as dumb-looking as Camilla. Petrine should be the base for future females that are supposed to have some sex appeal.

Edited by Anacybele

Pure cartoony as you put it. I LOVE Zelda Windwaker's artstyle and would love to see it in FE. I also HATE realistic artstyles, which is part of the reason I give games like TP and RD a hard time in the art department. The other reason is that those two are just UGLY

If we're only picking from present FE artstyles, I'd have to go with 3DS FE, because while the fanservice element of it is stupid, it doesn't look realistic in the slightest, and since I play video games to escape reality, the less realistic they look, the better

In short, other, because I want Windwaker's art in FE

Pure cartoony as you put it. I LOVE Zelda Windwaker's artstyle and would love to see it in FE. I also HATE realistic artstyles, which is part of the reason I give games like TP and RD a hard time in the art department. The other reason is that those two are just UGLY

If we're only picking from present FE artstyles, I'd have to go with 3DS FE, because while the fanservice element of it is stupid, it doesn't look realistic in the slightest, and since I play video games to escape reality, the less realistic they look, the better

In short, other, because I want Windwaker's art in FE

I'd be interested in seeing an FE game with an art style like that. It's mainly the fan service-y designs I wish would be replaced by cooler looking ones that I dislike about current FE's art style. As many cool looking designs would be better imo.

My favorite style is 3DS. I would be okay with the fanservice toned down a bit, but as I said in another thread I don't mind how it is right now.

I'm okay with GBA given its unique look, so I wouldn't mind a new entry done in a retro GBA style.

I honestly don't want another Tellius-styled FE. It's not bad at all, but it kinda gets old fast for my tastes. I also feel the characters are very limited in terms of expressions, SPECIALLY in FE10.

DS is easily my least favorite. I like the actual art, but I don't like how the only expression in those games is Pokerface.

I prefer the Tellius art, more for the armor and character designs. Petrine has to be my favorite to this day; the perfect balance of sexy, practical and badass rolled into one. The GBA games were good too, but not my ultimate favorites.

That said, I don't mind the current artist. I just want the art director or whoever dictates the armor designs replaced ASAP.

If we could get armor designs similar to Tellius/GBA done in Kozaki's style, I would be all for it.

I'm fine with the current artstyle, modern and a bit more fantasy but still quite realistic. Nice to look at it. My opinion may be a bit biased since I love modernity. And I'm not bothered by impractical armors, that's a game so... I don't really care.
Radiant Dawn's is close second in my opinion (these armors with flags and coat of arms were wonderful), but I don't really like PoR's because it looks old or something like that (especially the HUD...). There's something I don't like about it, can't point what though.
GBA artysyle is great too, but a bit overrated IMHO. It's kinda unique and look great in general, but I would not like to see another game with this artstyle.
FE1-3 artsyle is... what it is. These greek-looking armors are awful, just look at Marth's outfit...Yuck.
My opinion is quite divided on the NDS FEs artstyle. Artworks are OK (like this one below), but the general design (map, combat sprites and animations...) is awful.

fire-emblem-shadow-dragon-art.jpg

Jugdral's artstyle is a bit better. Artworks are still trash but the combat animations and sprites look good.

If I had to rank them, it would be something like that:
1. 3DS
2. RD
3. GBA
4. Jugdral
5. PoR
5. NDS
6. FE1-3.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Gba one, especially Sacred Stones.

I also the Judgral artstyle(the portraits,sprites e.t.c)

I only liked the portraits of FE3(cuz I love old anime artstyle), and the battle sprites.

The current artstyle is....meh, for me. I don't really like it.

DS artstyle was fine enough. But the characters look too pretty for their own good.

Tellius artstyle is okay but the NES ones sucks(tho it's understandable, as the NES was 8-bit)

Tellius, by far.

GBA style is too plain and boring, and current is too fanservicey and impractical (majorly, some characters still look okay, just not nearly as many as before). Meanwhile, Tellius manages to look excellent AND practical at the same time. The armor and clothing look beautiful and the WOMEN WEAR PANTS (mostly). Even Petrine who was clearly designed to look "sexy" isn't nearly as dumb-looking as Camilla. Petrine should be the base for future females that are supposed to have some sex appeal.

Funny thing, though. Part of why Camilla looks "dumb", as you put it, is largely the current art director's fault. The artist himself was only doing as he was told to do by the art director.

Funny thing, though. Part of why Camilla looks "dumb", as you put it, is largely the current art director's fault. The artist himself was only doing as he was told to do by the art director.

I'm aware. But I still don't like a lot of the designs. I'd like a new art director or direction more than I'd like an artist not named Yusuke Kozaki, but still.

GBA, definitely. I prefer the brighter, vibrant color scheme and more visually interesting character design they had. I'm also okay with the current art style when it's not saddled with pointless fanservice.