Hi, Everyone~

MissShake

My name is Amber and I'm a new fan of Fire Emblem (came in with Awakening, liked some aspects of Fates and HATED others hahaha). Since I'm new, I actually have a question: I'm currently downloading all of the fan translations on here since I can't buy any new FE games on my college student budget. Which should I play first? I hope to get to know and get along with everyone :D

EDIT: I should probably clarify that I want to start with an easier game since I'm still new to the series :)

Edited by MissShake

My friend, I welcome you to this lush Forest! To most I am Seth, to others Yed. Choose your preference, choose it wisely.

If you want to start with an easy game, I'd recommend not playing one that requires a translation. The JP games can be confusing for first timers with the exception of FE6 (Binding Blade). I'd recommend FE8 (Sacred Stones). It's more similar to Awakening and Birthright than any other FE game, featuring a world map like these games. If you prefer Conquest's map design and lack of grinding though, either FE7 (Blazing Sword) or the Tellius series (FE9 and FE10, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) would be good to play.

FE8 is definitely the easiest of the western games. FE7 and FE9 aren't too difficult either and shouldn't give you too much trouble. FE10 can be rather difficult on Normal and downright brutal on Hard (not as bad as Awakening and Conquest Lunatic, though), but if you play FE9 first (which you should since FE10 is a direct sequel), it shouldn't be that bad.

Also, the translations are not the games themselves. They are a tool to modify the JP version of the game to make it English. You will have to find the games yourself elsewhere. I can't help you unfortunately because discussion of ROMs and such isn't allowed here.

Welcome to the Forest, Miss Shake!

Just like Yedknowsall said, FE8 is a definitely go if you want to start soflty.

After that, your choice.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Posted · Hidden by Balcerzak, November 4, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, November 4, 2016 - No reason given

Welcome, to the forums. The first FE game I'd recommend playing is FE12 on Lunatic the Sacred Stones, it's really easy.

Heyoo! Welcome to this very beautiful imaginary Forest Amber, I hope you enjoy your time here and have fun.

As for your question, like everybody else said Fire Emblem 8 or the Sacred Stones is a very good start for a new player,

Hello and welcome to the forest! Just to be a rebel, I would say starting with FE7/Blazing Sword is probably the best idea since it has a built-in tutorial that will tell you about the things that the GBA games have that Awakening and Fates does not. But if not that then Sacred Stones would be the best idea.

Thanks for all the replies, everyone! I can't wait to talk to you guys even more! I was looking through the wiki and stuff and saw that New Mystery of the Emblem had Casual Mode, so other than that feature how tough would you say it is?