FE4 What happens if Alvis dies in the prolouge?

Filbertian

I was wondering what happens if those bandits manage to get extremely lucky and kill him, what would happen then? It was clearly not intended but maybe something happens, I don't know and that's why im asking. Thanks!

Is this before or after he gives the Silver Sword to Sigurd?

I think that since Alvis doesn't really do a lot during the Prologue, it might not be that game-breaking. But who knows.

The minimal damage a unit can do is 1, no matter how high the opponent's defenses are. So it MIGHT be possible if you hack Alvis's HP to one. Otherwise, good fucking luck. :P

The minimal damage a unit can do is 1, no matter how high the opponent's defenses are. So it MIGHT be possible if you hack Alvis's HP to one. Otherwise, good fucking luck. :P

A unit can do 0 damage. I think it's probably impossible to kill Alvis without hacking. Here's a question. In Chapter five, what happens if Velthomer gets captured and you seize it? The event is triggered by conversation not seizing the castle. So would it break the game?

A unit can do 0 damage. I think it's probably impossible to kill Alvis without hacking. Here's a question. In Chapter five, what happens if Velthomer gets captured and you seize it? The event is triggered by conversation not seizing the castle. So would it break the game?

It can in Thracia, yes. But I know you do at least one damage in FE4, because if you leave a Level 1 Dew in Chapter 1 with the bandits, he'll still do minimal damage to the Captain, even with his pitiful attack stat of 9. ;)

It's impossible without hacking the game.

Alvis only shows up after you seize Jungby castle and there aren't enough enemy units left on the map to kill him by that time - even if they could theoretically deal damage to him. Note that enemy units in FE4 generally don't attack units when they have too low a hitrate or the calculated damage they can deal is too low, yet sometimes you'll see enemy brigands go after Alvis even when one of your units is in range. But even if there were 20 enemy units left on the map and they all somehow managed to hit him they'd fail to do the damage required to kill him by a long shot and Alvis oneshots every single one of them so there's no second chance.

I don't know if Alvis dying would cause the game to crash or pretend like nothing happened though. Since it's not actually possible to get him killed it's safe to assume that nothing was coded to account for such a scenario.

I'm fairly sure Alvis would just vanish from the map and nothing would change. NPC Alvis has a lot in common with NPC Vylon (walk towards Sigurd and try to talk to him) amd Vylon doesn't trigger any kind of event if he dies.

It can in Thracia, yes. But I know you do at least one damage in FE4, because if you leave a Level 1 Dew in Chapter 1 with the bandits, he'll still do minimal damage to the Captain, even with his pitiful attack stat of 9. ;)

I know for certain that you can do 0 damage as I have done 0 damage to enemies before. Not talking about great shield. Try using Dew to attack any enemy with higher defense than his attack. For instance the general in the beginning of Chapter 2.

I know for certain that you can do 0 damage as I have done 0 damage to enemies before. Not talking about great shield. Try using Dew to attack any enemy with higher defense than his attack. For instance the general in the beginning of Chapter 2.

Really? Then how did it happen?

Because I'm 100% convinced that it isn't possible, with this shitty video of mine as a proof! ^^

Speaking of, does anyone here know how to record sounds from the emulator using the QuickTime recorder?

In FE4 an unit always does at least one damage, even if the attack power is equal or less than the defense of the opponent... unless you have a glitched rom or sth.

Really? Then how did it happen?

Because I'm 100% convinced that it isn't possible, with this shitty video of mine as a proof! ^^

Speaking of, does anyone here know how to record sounds from the emulator using the QuickTime recorder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGq2f5LDRqA&feature=youtu.be

I use snes9x record function.

I use snes9x record function.

But i' on a Mac, which makes this impossible. I have to use OpenEmu for this, which is great for emulation itself, but not for video capturing :P

In FE4 an unit always does at least one damage, even if the attack power is equal or less than the defense of the opponent... unless you have a glitched rom or sth.

That's really weird. I guess I could be remembering wrong. Idk though, maybe I do have a glitched rom.

The enemy never tries to size Velthomer. They simply never attack Aida.

Minimum damage in Vanilla FE4 is 0.

In some Japanese hack, minimum damage is changed to 1.

Minimum damage is 1, I have a feeling you've mixed the two up!

• 2 weeks later...

It wouldn't make the game freeze,but it will just go on without the Aida conversation it would just end the chapter there.