Tellius Recollection (Vol 2) Translation / Discussion Thread

Kirokan

Oh, please don't feel bad about not donating! It is totally optional and such : ) Feel free to make any request regardless.

Thanks,but my priority requests were made. Pelleas and Oliver,but I would like seeing Edward and Leonardo too. They were great characters in the Dawn Brigade, except that Leonardo wasn't a good unit.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've reached the minimum amount for this project! I can now purchase a second book and aim to deliver on what I promised. Thanks to everyone who donated! And of course, feel free to donate more if you wish to support other FE-book related projects, or wish to support my work in general. : )

Thanks,but my priority requests were made. Pelleas and Oliver,but I would like seeing Edward and Leonardo too. They were great characters in the Dawn Brigade, except that Leonardo wasn't a good unit.

Well this is all about the characters rather than performance, so your preferences are noted : )

Since Edward was already requested, I would like to ask for Aran and Laura as they seemed to be two of the most normal characters in the game.

Unfortunately, I cannot donate due to my family's economical situation, but I still wish you luck for the translation!

Since Edward was already requested, I would like to ask for Aran and Laura as they seemed to be two of the most normal characters in the game.

Unfortunately, I cannot donate due to my family's economical situation, but I still wish you luck for the translation!

Please, do not feel obligated to donate : ) And feel free to double up on requests, since I prioritize the ones people want most. I'll add 1 to Edward and also put Aran and Laura on there. Thanks!

So far the consensus here and elsewhere is the Dawn Brigade and a few of the other new characters. Makes sense, as we lack much info on them...

I actually didn't give that much of any thought, but, yeah. I'm rather fond of them, and they deserve more sense of character...

I'd like to request Edward, Leonardo and (once again) Sothe. These three guys just made the game for me. xD

Besides, I've left you a donation at your blog, as a thank you for all your great help so far. :-)

I'd like to request Edward, Leonardo and (once again) Sothe. These three guys just made the game for me. xD

Besides, I've left you a donation at your blog, as a thank you for all your great help so far. :-)

I received it, thank you so much! It really helps me out. : ) I noted and tallied your requests, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, my book has shipped and will arrive Nov 29th (Tuesday). I'll aim to get it unbound and fully scanned then! Wednesday I will hopefully make a project page, and then begin after the 1st (I will be traveling that day but then dedicate my time to it).

So far my priorities are:

-All profile trivia (likes, dislikes, etc) - I aim to do this on the first day, it'll take a few hours but is worth it and the stuff most people are interested in. xD

-Concept artwork

-Profiles as requested by people in this thread and elsewhere, as well as what donors wanted to see : ) (The list is ongoing but I will post the priority list when I get the book itself!)

I would advise to avoid some other translations as some may have caused confusion last time (such as how Ike likes free-range chicken instead of birds because they live freely... xD) but if you all do find earlier scans/pics to please send the source pic so I can cross-check translations.

I'll also be keeping an eye out on the amazon reviews to see what Japanese readers think and to give us a better idea of what is to come!

Edited by Kirokan

Just an update, my book has shipped and will arrive Nov 29th (Tuesday). I'll aim to get it unbound and fully scanned then! Wednesday I will hopefully make a project page, and then begin after the 1st (I will be traveling that day but then dedicate my time to it).

So far my priorities are:

-All profile trivia (likes, dislikes, etc) - I aim to do this on the first day, it'll take a few hours but is worth it and the stuff most people are interested in. xD

-Concept artwork

-Profiles as requested by people in this thread and elsewhere, as well as what donors wanted to see : ) (The list is ongoing but I will post the priority list when I get the book itself!)

I would advise to avoid some other translations as some may have caused confusion last time (such as how Ike likes free-range chicken instead of birds because they live freely... xD) but if you all do find earlier scans/pics to please send the source pic so I can cross-check translations.

I'll also be keeping an eye out on the amazon reviews to see what Japanese readers think and to give us a better idea of what is to come!

Wow... I have waiting for this moment since some months ago... I'm so happy to see what will told us this book :D

My own copy of the Radiant Dawn book came into day! And while I'm no Kirokan, I thought I might give you guys a bit of an idea of what you can expect!

• The back cover is of Ike!
  • The first section recaps the story of Radiant Dawn (and maybe a little before it too? I can't read much Japanese so I glanced over it), ending with all possible epilogue endings for the characters (i.e. both solo endings and A-support required endings)
  • The second section is character profiles! From the little I've read (mostly about the Greil mercs), their profile sorta recaps their role in the story, and the side information seems to have less than the PoR art book, at least for the PoR characters (i.e. It didn't mention Ike liking birds).
  • The third section shows off some concept art, but instead of how the PoR book showed actual concepts, this one shows sketches of character's in-battle models for each of their classes. Character portraits are either located here or in the last section, I can't remember and I'm at work so I can't check. I also don't recall seeing weapons, like PoR had.
  • The fourth section is titled Scenario I believe, and contains all of Radiant Dawn's base conversations.
  • Lastly is the short extra section, which has Senri Kita's section talking about her newly drawn art, and her love for the game and fans, as well as other developer comments. Interestingly enough, this section has concept art of Greil, Zelgius, and the old PoR Ike sketch on it's title page, but I don't recall seeing these sketches in this book or the last one. Maybe I missed it.

And that's all I can recall at the moment. I'd be more precise if I had the book with me, and wasn't currently at work. Overall I feel like the PoR book had more to unveil (a few Amazon.jp reviews felt the same apparently), but it's still a nice collection of Radiant Dawn artwork. The character sketches in each of their classes is especially cool! But now we wait for Kirokan to give us a much, MUCH more in depth look at the book!

Edited by Together We Ride

My own copy of the Radiant Dawn book came into day! And while I'm no Kirokan, I thought I might give you guys a bit of an idea of what you can expect!

• The back cover is of Ike!
  • The first section recaps the story of Radiant Dawn (and maybe a little before it too? I can't read much Japanese so I glanced over it), ending with all possible epilogue endings for the characters (i.e. both solo endings and A-support required endings)
  • The second section is character profiles! From the little I've read (mostly about the Greil mercs), their profile sorta recaps their role in the story, and the side information seems to have less than the PoR art book, at least for the PoR characters (i.e. It didn't mention Ike liking birds).
  • The third section shows off some concept art, but instead of how the PoR book showed actual concepts, this one shows sketches of character's in-battle models for each of their classes. Character portraits are either located here or in the last section, I can't remember and I'm at work so I can't check. I also don't recall seeing weapons, like PoR had.
  • The fourth section is titled Scenario I believe, and contains all of Radiant Dawn's base conversations.
  • Lastly is the short extra section, which has Senri Kita's section talking about her newly drawn art, and her love for the game and fans, as well as other developer comments. Interestingly enough, this section has concept art of Greil, Zelgius, and the old PoR Ike sketch on it's title page, but I don't recall seeing these sketches in this book or the last one. Maybe I missed it.

And that's all I can recall at the moment. I'd be more precise if I had the book with me, and wasn't currently at work. Overall I feel like the PoR book had more to unveil (a few Amazon.jp reviews felt the same apparently), but it's still a nice collection of Radiant Dawn artwork. The character sketches in each of their classes is especially cool! But now we wait for Kirokan to give us a much, MUCH more in depth look at the book!

Thanks for filling people in! That's pretty much right.

I got the book unbound just now everyone! So now will be dong the tedious process of scanning every page.

I will update character trivia as I go along. One thing to note though --characters that appeared in FE9 dont have any additional trivia, so it's only new characters.

Therefore, I should be able to get them all up soon! I'll convert this thread into the info thread, stay tuned!

EDIT: Updated this thread to the official discussion thread!

Edited by Kirokan

Wow, that's gotta be a LOT of scanning, it's amazing that you're doing this work, Kirokan! You deserve some kind of reward for this! Like some super awesome Christmas present or something! :O

Also, good that the book is just listing all possible endings and not saying that any are canon or not canon. The latter would be pretty lame. xP

Edited by Anacybele

You know I love to contribute to the fanbase while I can. I also promised people who donated I would do this, so I am. xD It's going okay so far! My com can't handle extreme res, but the current one should work fine for what we need and for those who want to contribute to the FE wiki~

EDIT: Actually it seems only a few people have hobbies and the like... some new ones like Fiona, Aran, etc lack them... how odd. Well here are the new ones that do so far:

Micaiah

Species: Beorc

Class: Light Mage > Light Sage > Priestess/Shaman

Affinity: Dark

Origin: Begnion

Apparent Age: 15

Hobby: Feeling the wind blow

Talent: Divine intuition

Finds Important: Sothe, Friends, Fatherland

Dislikes: Evil intentions, Meat

Sothe

Class: Rogue > Whisper

Affinity: Wind

Origin: Daein

Apparent Age: 17

Hobby: Tending to his equipment

Talent: Woodcraft

Finds Important: Micaiah

Dislikes: Nobles, People who interfere in others’ affairs

Edward

Class: Myrmidon > Swordmaster > Trueblade

Affinity: Light

Apparent Age: 15

Hobby: Going for walks

Talent: Handstands (and moving while doing so)

Finds Important: Friends

Dislikes: Not knowing what to do

Leonardo

Class: Archer > Sniper > Marksman

Affinity: Water

Apparent Age: 16

Hobby: Reading

Talent: Cleaning

Finds Important: Friends, Health

Dislikes: Filthiness, Bugs

Nolan

Class: Fighter > Warrior > Reaver

Affinity: Earth

Apparent Age: 34

Hobby: Reading (Craving knowledge)

Talent: Ability to adapt

Finds Important: Being relaxed

Dislikes: Comrades who only think about themselves

Rafiel

Species: Laguz

Class: Heron

Affinity: Heaven

Origin: Serenes

Apparent Age: 24*

Hobby: Conversing with nature

Talent: Music (Singing, Instruments, etc)

Finds Important: Finding the good in everyone

Dislikes: Feeble/spineless people (*basically like Hetzel)

Nailah

Species: Laguz

Class: Wolf Queen

Affinity: Wind

Origin: Hatari

Apparent Age: 31*

Hobby: Braiding Rafiel’s hair

Talent: Not having a weak point

Finds Important: Pride as a Queen

Dislikes: Feeble/spineless people (*basically like Hetzel)

Edited by Kirokan

Well I got through all the profiles (scanned up to page 124 so far) and the above I posted are the only new profile infos (hobbies etc). Ages I compiled but will list out properly when done scanning.

EDIT: At page 201 now, there are some concept pics of the Heron King, which is something I don't think we knew about!

EDIT 2: Phew! After six hours, it's all scanned! I'll start translating things of interest tomorrow, and then follow the priority list I have. : ) But first, sleep!

Edited by Kirokan

Wow, that's lame...

...Uh, why did they put 24A for Oscar instead of 27? He said in PoR that he's 24, this makes him 27 in RD since RD is three years later. :/ Yet they got Shinon right by saying he's 30 since he implied that he's 27 in PoR. That's pretty dumb.

I had a feeling Kieran was around 23 though! It fits well enough with my idea that he's the youngest of three siblings. ^^ My guess that Rhys was late 20s was pretty much right too!

Edited by Anacybele

*My generic compliments and praise go here, my not so generic comrade*

Well I got through all the profiles (scanned up to page 124 so far) and the above I posted are the only new profile infos (hobbies etc). Ages I compiled but will list out properly when done scanning.

EDIT: At page 201 now, there are some concept pics of the Heron King, which is something I don't think we knew about!

EDIT 2: Phew! After six hours, it's all scanned! I'll start translating things of interest tomorrow, and then follow the priority list I have. : ) But first, sleep!

I started to say something about this, but the underlined bit beat me to it

I'm kidding, but you could guess that.

Yes, the ages are strange... that's what the book says though. Either they miscalculated, or really wanted to keep them to a certain look. XD

Next up is all the original face designs. This is a fun section to see how hair colors changed and the like since the early stages:

Original Face Designs

New avatars, anyone?

Edited by Kirokan

For the ages it's not a surprise since you had to add 3 years at the characters age.

But it's only the apparent age though.

And for the face design, I have a problem with Astrid, what's with her hairs? xD

I mean, I have an impression to see a character from the Nes titles.

(and Mia have two faces, Nephenie 1 btw)