Tellius Recollection (Vol 2) Translation / Discussion Thread

Kirokan

Today I completed the next request: Oliver. Hetzel was on the same profile page as him so I did his too, and then Muarim, Vika, and Lekain's concept arts on the same pages as him too.

085 Hetzel and Oliver

178-179 Muarim, Vika, Oliver, and Lekain

Next up is Micaiah, who has a really long profile, so may take me slightly longer. I hope to add AstroKnighticalFeats's translations in the meantime!

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god, they put Ike's hilarious reaction to Oliver joining your side in the book! XD Man, I LOVE that part and it's the only reason I'd ever recruit Oliver, actually, since I find him really annoying and creepy. I hate him just as much as you do, Ike, believe me!

Today I completed the next request: Oliver. Hetzel was on the same profile page as him so I did his too, and then Muarim, Vika, and Lekain's concept arts on the same pages as him too.

085 Hetzel and Oliver

178-179 Muarim, Vika, Oliver, and Lekain

Next up is Micaiah, who has a really long profile, so may take me slightly longer. I hope to add AstroKnighticalFeats's translations in the meantime!

Oh yeah! That sounds great! :D

All I can say is that the concept art is a massive step up from the PoR art book. I've got a lot of gripes with Tellius as a whole, but one thing it got right was character design.

Oh, I'd like to request Lucia, Elincia and Geoffrey please. I really want to see Geo's concept art as a Silver Knight ( he looks REAL boss <3 ). Looking forward to seeing Miccy's concept art too. That girl has major style.

Kirokan already posted Elincia and Geoffrey.

Oh, and of course, I'd love to see Ike's Hero and Vanguard concepts. Dem muscles and dat armor. <3

Edited by Anacybele

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Valtome had laguz slaves. He's the most bastardy of the bastard senators other than Lekain. He tried to kill Elincia when she disarmed herself! And he's creepy as fuck. :/

I believe its directly stated that pretty much all of them own slave and Valtome is definitely the likeliest one to keep them.

Speaking of Sephiran, I wonder of the recollection would fix a certain disconnect about him. His backstory can only point to the direction of him being a newcomer to Begnion which would make it hard for him to pass as a noble. Considering Begnion is depicted as unbelievable snobby this would make it very hard for him to become prime minister. Shigrune briefly says he's supposed to be from a famed line of mages but that's a lie and it still isn't no noble.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Well I ended up finishing Micaiah's earlier than expected, so here is her profile (longer than most but not much new info!) and concept art.

042 Micaiah

140-141 Micaiah and Sothe

Also, I played the game recently, but did Ike ever directly express his views on the branded to her? Or maybe she just sort of overheard him in general. The book presented it as a quote, but on a quick scan I could not find it in either the Japanese or English scripts.

Next up is Mia in terms of requests!

All I can say is that the concept art is a massive step up from the PoR art book. I've got a lot of gripes with Tellius as a whole, but one thing it got right was character design.

Oh, I'd like to request Lucia, Elincia and Geoffrey please. I really want to see Geo's concept art as a Silver Knight ( he looks REAL boss <3 ). Looking forward to seeing Miccy's concept art too. That girl has major style.

Yes, though we don't get raw design sketches (like Titania for instance), we do get early character models for every playable character (and some bosses), so I think that itself is pretty good.

Noted Lucia, Elincia, and Geoffrey! Though as Ana pointed out, Elincia's concept art is done. Geoffrey has another page to him though, so I will add him.

Kirokan already posted Elincia and Geoffrey.

Oh, and of course, I'd love to see Ike's Hero and Vanguard concepts. Dem muscles and dat armor. <3

Noted!

"It came to a point where Oliver truly stopped caring about his own well-being."

Never thought I'd ever read that about Oliver.

Hehe, it was pretty amusing. xD

It was nice reading a bit more on Hetzel. I always liked him and was a bit disappointed you had to kill him. I always guessed Oliver was the lowest ranking senator and it appears I was right.

I wonder what Vika's profile is going to say. I have this headcanon she used to be a slave of Valtome.

I loved Hetzel (go figure why) and felt really bad for him. Though I do like in the cut dialogue how it was implied he could be saved, which made more sense to me. So I'll pin it down to design time that he had to die.

I believe its directly stated that pretty much all of them own slave and Valtome is definitely the likeliest one to keep them.

Speaking of Sephiran, I wonder of the recollection would fix a certain disconnect about him. His backstory can only point to the direction of him being a newcomer to Begnion which would make it hard for him to pass as a noble. Considering Begnion is depicted as unbelievable snobby this would make it very hard for him to become prime minister. Shigrune briefly says he's supposed to be from a famed line of mages but that's a lie and it still isn't no noble.

I'll count that as a Sephiran request and look into it when I get there. : )

Also, yay, Micaiah! I may be on the odd side of the fence but I actually like her. She could have been written better but she is still my favourite female lord. Also, mage lord!

Also, I played the game recently, but did Ike ever directly express his views on the branded to her? Or maybe she just sort of overheard him in general.

Yeah he does in the Endgame-3 base conversation :)

Great work yet again on the translations!

Well I ended up finishing Micaiah's earlier than expected, so here is her profile (longer than most but not much new info!) and concept art.

042 Micaiah

Also, I played the game recently, but did Ike ever directly express his views on the branded to her? Or maybe she just sort of overheard him in general. The book presented it as a quote, but on a quick scan I could not find it in either the Japanese or English scripts.

Next up is Mia in terms of requests!

I've been lurking in the back for a while since the first volume, but wow Micaiah's profile is hella long! o_o

Also, regarding Ike and his views on the branded, he did directly speak to Micaiah about it in Endgame 3's base conversation titled "Micaiah".

It is found on this page :)

http://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/scripts/game-script/miscellaneous/base-conversations/part-4/

I never got to say this on the other thread, but thanks for all the work you do, Kirokan!

Edited by dinoxd

It was nice reading a bit more on Hetzel. I always liked him and was a bit disappointed you had to kill him.

I agree, especially because the game kind of does a decent job at making you feel a bit bad to Hetzels' situation, even tough It's mainly his own fault.

042 Micaiah

meat confirmed to be evil

But anyway, I'm not surprised by the lack of new details about Micaiah, considering that the game tells everything we should know about her. Still, I wouldn't have minded to know more details about how her first meeting with Sothe, but, again, It's not a big deal.

And regarding Ike, like dinoxd and NJ7009 said, he does it in one of the base conversation of the third part of the Endgame.

Also, yay, Micaiah! I may be on the odd side of the fence but I actually like her. She could have been written better but she is still my favourite female lord. Also, mage lord!

Yeah he does in the Endgame-3 base conversation :)

Great work yet again on the translations!

I've been lurking in the back for a while since the first volume, but wow Micaiah's profile is hella long! o_o

Also, regarding Ike and his views on the branded, he did directly speak to Micaiah about it in Endgame 3's base conversation titled "Micaiah".

It is found on this page :)

http://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/scripts/game-script/miscellaneous/base-conversations/part-4/

I never got to say this on the other thread, but thanks for all the work you do, Kirokan!

I agree, especially because the game kind of does a decent job at making you feel a bit bad to Hetzels' situation, even tough It's mainly his own fault.

meat confirmed to be evil

But anyway, I'm not surprised by the lack of new details about Micaiah, considering that the game tells everything we should know about her. Still, I wouldn't have minded to know more details about how her first meeting with Sothe, but, again, It's not a big deal.

And regarding Ike, like dinoxd and NJ7009 said, he does it in one of the base conversation of the third part of the Endgame.

Alright great! Thanks for pointing out where it was you three. : ) I may go back and edit in the exact quote at a later time.

And you're most welcome, I do enjoy doing these even if they take some time because there is a readership for it. So thank you too for reading! These projects have helped me learn new digital editing skills and also has really helped me grow and improve as a translator. : )

Edited by Kirokan

Today I did Mia's profile and concept art (which included Rolf's as well).

Then, I edited/fixed up AstroknighticalFeats' two translations (still more to do) featuring Nolan and Vika so far:

046 Nolan (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)
082 Vika (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)
097 Mia
190-191 Rolf and Mia

Next up on priority is Nailah.

If Brom has more material in this book, I'll throw in a request for it.

He does, so noted!

Mia's profile there pretty much sums up why she's pretty much the only merc other than Shinon that I can't see getting married or settling down. I once highly considered having her do so in my writing (she was going to get a son who she vigorously trains as much as she did, and a husband that I never gave a name to), but upon looking at her more, I decided it just doesn't feel in-character enough. She's too obsessed with her sword skills and being strong. She doesn't want to settle down, she wants to keep training and fighting to be the best she can be, as it's what she likes doing and dreams of. Which is absolutely fine, we all have our dreams. I just wish there'd been more to her character than just that. This is why I felt she was so bland, flat, and unenjoyable.

Rolf really started growing up in RD, I always really liked his design here. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

She's still young. The possibility to slow down as you get older is very much there. But yeah she's kind of a one note character. Fir and Marisa were the same way but they had the advantage of being in a game with actual romantic endings.

Wasn't much new information in her profile that wasn't already in the game. The tidbit about her choosing a cool outfit to attract attention on the battlefield was amusing though.

Edited by fangpoint333

Yeah, but the way Mia is, I don't see her slowing down until she's beyond the age to have kids. Maybe she'll marry when she's much older, but I still think kids for her is a big stretch. Since when does Mia want fame though? She just wants to be strong, not famous as far as I've seen. They're different things.

It's not for fame. She dresses like that to catch the eye of strong enemies on the battlefield.

Dresses like what? Who said anything about the way she dresses? I'm just confused now...

Oh, I think I see what happened. fangpoint made a typo that said "fame" in the previous post when they meant to say "same" as Fir and Marisa. : )

But yes, I did like that she wants to look cool and skillful in order to get the attention of skilled warriors to fight. xD

Oh, lol oops.

Well, she doesn't look cool to me, so I'd say she failed there. I can't take her seriously with that clashy color scheme at all. The idea is pretty neat though.

Edited by Anacybele