Tellius Recollection (Vol 2) Translation / Discussion Thread

Kirokan

Nothing really new or anything, but I do like Shinon. He's hilarious and has one of the best lines in the series. lol "Gatrie, I swear you'd hit on a tree if I dressed it in a skirt! Tell me I'm wrong!"

LOL

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

That part about Brom and Nephenee wounding the youth's legs so they couldn't fight kinda makes me wonder if they, like...actually broke their legs, or just gave them more minor wounds that'd still prevent rebellion.

In the game those villagers did seem to be in quite a bit of pain... so I guess that can still go either way? Maybe more major than a simple cut, but less than outright breaking legs? xD

Today we have 094 Oscar

HIm and Shinon also have their actual ages up rather than approx, which is interesting! Two of the few who do.

But that says Oscar is 24. I'm positive he says he's 24 in PoR, which means he should be 27 here in RD. :/ IS goofed.

Also, I knew the three brothers all had different moms! Boyd says "our dad" in PoR meaning they all share the same dad.  But then Oscar being half-brother to them means he does not share the same mom with either Boyd or Rolf. Rolf's mom is found in Begnion and the way Boyd speaks to her, it's definitely implied that she wasn't Boyd's mom, but only Rolf's mom. Add this all up and it means all three brothers have different moms, and that their dad kinda slept around. lol

Edited by Anacybele

14 hours ago, Anacybele said:

But that says Oscar is 24. I'm positive he says he's 24 in PoR, which means he should be 27 here in RD. :/ IS goofed.

Also, I knew the three brothers all had different moms! Boyd says "our dad" in PoR meaning they all share the same dad.  But then Oscar being half-brother to them means he does not share the same mom with either Boyd or Rolf. Rolf's mom is found in Begnion and the way Boyd speaks to her, it's definitely implied that she wasn't Boyd's mom, but only Rolf's mom. Add this all up and it means all three brothers have different moms, and that their dad kinda slept around. lol

Indeed! That's a typo on their part. Shinon, listed 27 in Path of Radiance is properly labeled as 30 now, so we can easily assume Oscar is 27 now too!

Today's: 095 Boyd

I also finally finished transcribing Sephiran and Soren, who were the two longest profiles left. After those two the rest will be done in order! Not many left now!

So Boyd really does like Mist a lot, huh? I can't imagine what a blow it would be to him if Mist could choose Rolf over him instead. I don't picture him handling it too well...

I'm not big on shipping and getting obsessed over it, but MistxRolf I much prefer over MistxBoyd. If Boyd doesn't like it, well he can't have Titania either because Rhys deserves her. He'll either have to find someone else, or ask Mist if she wouldn't mind being polyandrous.

Best dude Boyd. Mist made the right choice. Makes way more sense than Rolf.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

So Boyd really does like Mist a lot, huh? I can't imagine what a blow it would be to him if Mist could choose Rolf over him instead. I don't picture him handling it too well...

I figure they're just playing up the few paired endings that were possible plus a few others like Ilyana and Zihark. The RD support list had Boyd x Mia anyway, he'd be alright.

'Cause Boyd rules and Rolf drools

But I do think that Mist saw herself as a babysitter to Rolf given the decently large age difference. Compare to Boyd who's a lot like both her brother and her dad, and overall has more meaningful interactions even just in PoR.

5 minutes ago, a bear said:

'Cause Boyd rules and Rolf drools

But I do think that Mist saw herself as a babysitter to Rolf given the decently large age difference. Compare to Boyd who's a lot like both her brother and her dad, and overall has more meaningful interactions even just in PoR.

There's no large age difference between Rolf and Mist. Rolf is younger, but only by like a year. They're close friends and spend time together a lot.

Edited by Anacybele

Rolf's 12 in PoR, Mist is 15. That's pretty big at that age. And Mist's close with Boyd too.

Anyway, I don't doubt that a romantic relationship could flourish between her and Rolf, I just can't see it happening when Boyd exists.

53 minutes ago, a bear said:

Rolf's 12 in PoR, Mist is 15. That's pretty big at that age. And Mist's close with Boyd too.

Anyway, I don't doubt that a romantic relationship could flourish between her and Rolf, I just can't see it happening when Boyd exists.

Pretty sure Mist is a tad younger than that. She hardly looks 15.

Really? Looks plausibly 15 to me, and it's not supposed to be an approximate age either.

Also @Kirokan the front and back cover arts on this page are broken 'cause Photobucket, not sure if there's anything else still hosted from there.

11 hours ago, a bear said:

Really? Looks plausibly 15 to me, and it's not supposed to be an approximate age either.

Also @Kirokan the front and back cover arts on this page are broken 'cause Photobucket, not sure if there's anything else still hosted from there.

What the... xD Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed it with the superior imgur...

And since he's relevant to the discussion, and the next page, and the last of the Greil Mercenaries profiles, here's Rolf.

A note for "endearing nicknames." It is simply how I chose to translate the fact he stopped attaching "-chan" to her name, so no need to read too deeply into it (nor will there be any evidence in Path of Radiance as it is a cultural disconnect and hence localizers gave no equivalent to work off of).  Though it could imply he may have some feelings for her (and so feels awkward calling her such if it makes it obvious) and is perhaps a cause of tension with Boyd. But that's all speculation. It's also fully possible he just doesn't want to seem as childish anymore. XD

On 27-7-2017 at 6:20 AM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

That part about Brom and Nephenee wounding the youth's legs so they couldn't fight kinda makes me wonder if they, like...actually broke their legs, or just gave them more minor wounds that'd still prevent rebellion.

I thought they killed him actually. I definitely recall another villager saying Brom killed him and Brom replying that he did, has killed before and that the rebels don't know a thing about war. 

47 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I thought they killed him actually. I definitely recall another villager saying Brom killed him and Brom replying that he did, has killed before and that the rebels don't know a thing about war. 

No, a villager called Nephenee a murderer. The guy that she just hit didn't actually die though. He was still screaming about his leg.

Sounds like Rolf has a crush on Mist too given the mention of "complicated feelings" with puberty in guys. And those kinds of feelings, as far as I know, can definitely involve girls that way.

Poor Rolf, getting shafted out of an ending with Mist... I don't mind Boyd x Mist, but I do kinda prefer Rolf x Mist.

Phew, got a few more profiles!

075 Sephiran

098 Volke

102 Ranulf

Sephiran's mentions being the "Black Heron", which is the first I heard of that... I assume due to the wings we see him have and his hair color in general, compared to the royal family of Serenes. The rest is mostly history we know! But boy did that take awhile...xD

Volke's was fun but straightforward. Interestingly, he's still marked down as "Greil Mercenaries."

Lastly, Ranulf actually talked about less than I thought considering his role in the game. The part about the love triangle is silly though. xD

Hopefully I can get to Soren next... all the non laguz characters are done though! Just the two goddesses and the rest of the laguz left now!

@Kirokan Ranulf's profile ends weirdly with an unfinished sentence.

Ranulf is so very likable. Serious at times, relaxed at others, does his duty well, complains against the crazy and the absurd, he's a well-rounded individual who doesn't rely on any form of gimmick. He's not as mild and mellow as Oscar, but not as wild as Boyd. If there was an FE char you'd like to be a long-term friend IRL, he'd be a great choice, because he is realistic. 

His Japanese name is Lay? Well I know two subordinates who would love to get Lay-ed. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Don't have much to say on Volke, other than he really needed more playtime being the awesome Assassin he is. Also, his approx. age is 36, Bastian's is 27- that seems wrong to me, Bastian should definitely be nearer to Volke's age. A man of such maturity, wisdom, experience and seniority should be older than 27, and Volke being an exception to the rule of "30 and under unless a really old man/woman"  means Bastian has the right to break it too.

On Sephiran, you call him "Branded" at a certain point. No term is actually given for Laguz who sire Branded in RD or PoR, so that's a little strange. It's possibly better than nothing, but possibly worse as a "Branded by conceiving" and a "Branded by birth" are different things and the former doesn't even have a Brand. Though Tibarn does say Almedha is strong, so her Black Dragon strength still endures in humanoid form, and she is able to use one of those Sending Stones indicates residual magical abilities. So in a sense, Almedha is like a Branded- stuck in the form of Beorc, but with powers beyond them.

The way things are arranged, it seems that Zelgius came after Massacre. Yet beyond this Seph's profile doesn't fill in the "blurry zone" when he leaves Goldoa for Begnion, and the way things are arranged, it's suggested he left Goldoa after the Massacre. But that sounds weird because he was very clearly out of Goldoa already when the Massacre happened, and I think meeting Misaha counts as having left Goldoa- I doubt Degh would have exactly approved of the meeting. I do like how they say thing might have changed had Sephiran known of Micaiah's origins sooner. I'm doubtful he would have, because the SM still happened. Would knowing his Branded line continued to endure with Miccy really have been enough to pull him from the brink?

Thanks for Sephiran though, he's one of my favorites!

I really like how much lore they've given the Tellius games. I hope that if they do go down the road of a remakes they give alot of time to the story and history of the games, I'd quite enjoy big text files ingame to learn of the series' lore, like in the old Resident Evil games where you can read them at your own time. I get the feeling the developers enjoyed what they were doing when they were creating the history, and there feels like alot more to explore, such as the origin of Alondite and Ragnell as just one example.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Kirokan Ranulf's profile ends weirdly with an unfinished sentence.

Ranulf is so very likable. Serious at times, relaxed at others, does his duty well, complains against the crazy and the absurd, he's a well-rounded individual who doesn't rely on any form of gimmick. He's not as mild and mellow as Oscar, but not as wild as Boyd. If there was an FE char you'd like to be a long-term friend IRL, he'd be a great choice, because he is realistic. 

His Japanese name is Lay? Well I know two subordinates who would love to get Lay-ed. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Don't have much to say on Volke, other than he really needed more playtime being the awesome Assassin he is. Also, his approx. age is 36, Bastian's is 27- that seems wrong to me, Bastian should definitely be nearer to Volke's age. A man of such maturity, wisdom, experience and seniority should be older than 27, and Volke being an exception to the rule of "30 and under unless a really old man/woman"  means Bastian has the right to break it too.

On Sephiran, you call him "Branded" at a certain point. No term is actually given for Laguz who sire Branded in RD or PoR, so that's a little strange. It's possibly better than nothing, but possibly worse as a "Branded by conceiving" and a "Branded by birth" are different things and the former doesn't even have a Brand. Though Tibarn does say Almedha is strong, so her Black Dragon strength still endures in humanoid form, and she is able to use one of those Sending Stones indicates residual magical abilities. So in a sense, Almedha is like a Branded- stuck in the form of Beorc, but with powers beyond them.

The way things are arranged, it seems that Zelgius came after Massacre. Yet beyond this Seph's profile doesn't fill in the "blurry zone" when he leaves Goldoa for Begnion, and the way things are arranged, it's suggested he left Goldoa after the Massacre. But that sounds weird because he was very clearly out of Goldoa already when the Massacre happened, and I think meeting Misaha counts as having left Goldoa- I doubt Degh would have exactly approved of the meeting. I do like how they say thing might have changed had Sephiran known of Micaiah's origins sooner. I'm doubtful he would have, because the SM still happened. Would knowing his Branded line continued to endure with Miccy really have been enough to pull him from the brink?

Thanks for Sephiran though, he's one of my favorites!

Fixed Ranulf's, thanks for pointing that out! (It's times like this I wish I had an editor...)

I re-worded Sephiran's bit upon reviewing it, so thanks for pointing that out too. I do wonder how Micaiah would have made a difference, and how he went without knowing her true heritage despite all the other things he knew... I guess she was really good at hiding!

Wait, so Kyza is actually kind of gay for Ranulf? That didn't seem to be the implication in the English version, so I guess that was left out...even though Heather's obvious advances towards women were left in. That's really dumb. A lesbian woman is fine, but a gay man is a no-no? Seriously?