Tellius Recollection (Vol 2) Translation / Discussion Thread

Kirokan

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The outfit itself is fine, I just don't like the colors. Orange isn't a bad color, but I don't think it goes with Mia's blue-violet hair and green eyes at all. I liked it better with Elincia's green hair. Somehow she's so pretty that she makes orange fabulous as a princess color and it's never a princess color. :P (she wore an orange dress in PoR, remember)

Edited by Anacybele

Well I ended up finishing Micaiah's earlier than expected, so here is her profile (longer than most but not much new info!) and concept art.

042 Micaiah

140-141 Micaiah and Sothe

Also, I played the game recently, but did Ike ever directly express his views on the branded to her? Or maybe she just sort of overheard him in general. The book presented it as a quote, but on a quick scan I could not find it in either the Japanese or English scripts.

I already know most of it (include the Profile thanks to a Early Translation)... But hey, it's cool to see alternative versions of the current design.

(I would answer the Micaiah/Ike Question, but I arrived to late to say something new :P )

Today I did Nailah's profile and her concept art (includes Volug's too):

115 Nailah

202-203 Nailah and Volug

The main post isn't up yet, but I made some notes on word choice below:

Throughout the profile, words that allude to a marriage or some sort of union are used without using the word marriage/married itself. “Her beloved Rafiel” came from the word used for husbands (夫のラフィエル), and “they made intersecting vows and have been together ever since.” from 彼と契りを交わし、以降伴侶として共に行動している (roughly translates to, “made mutual pledges, and have traveled as partners since then.”) I did the safe bet and made it vague and up to interpretation just as the original text had done. However, to add to this, their character relationship page lists them as "夫婦" (romantic couple/husband and wife).

Does anyone know if they were officially a couple/husband and wife in the games? Or in the in-game relationship chart? What does it say in English?

The one Vincent posted just says "Helps"...

The outfit itself is fine, I just don't like the colors. Orange isn't a bad color, but I don't think it goes with Mia's blue-violet hair and green eyes at all. I liked it better with Elincia's green hair. Somehow she's so pretty that she makes orange fabulous as a princess color and it's never a princess color. :P (she wore an orange dress in PoR, remember)

I feel like they were going for a sort of Ike color scheme, as he is blue and red, so blue-violet with orange or something. xD Either way, I agree Elincia's went really well!

I already know most of it (include the Profile thanks to a Early Translation)... But hey, it's cool to see alternative versions of the current design.

(I would answer the Micaiah/Ike Question, but I arrived to late to say something new :P )

Oh okay, sorry my translation took so long if there was an earlier one! I can only do so much at a time xD

Anyway next seems to be Sanaki. AstroknighticalFeats is doing a great job with the laguz translations so I hope to post more of his soon after I check them for errors and such.

Edited by Kirokan

Yay, Sanaki.

Now I'm wondering what kind children would result from a pairing of different laguz types. Not like Raven/Heron like with Naesala but more like Beast/Bird or Bird/Dragon. Normally I'd assume that you'd have a 50/50 chance of getting one species. Not something that really gets touched on in the game even though you have branded from each of the three types.

Actually, it's stated that laguz of different species can't have children together. Which makes sense given that their species in real life can't breed either. Though I'm inclined to think in real life a raven and heron can't breed, it's not that big a stretch for IS to make them able to breed in the game anyway since they're both birds.

But Rafiel and Nailah got romantic, yet they didn't even get a romantic ending together? That doesn't make sense. :/

Still, I guess this makes Geoffrey/Elincia 100% canon after all. I'm pretty sure the book will list it. Sigh... At least I can still think of it as a political marriage...maybe. Those were done quite often in medieval times to secure relations, though in this case it would be for Elincia to have heirs with someone respectable enough. Who else would she really marry other than Ike who decided to leave for whatever reason? :(

I also don't remember any mention of an "Evil Eye" ability from Nailah in the game, odd. But it's clear they got this idea from Medusa...

Edited by Anacybele

While researching whether Nailah and Rafiel are husband and wife, I discovered that Elena and Ashera have portraits I have not seen before on the character relationship page.

I isolated them and magnified them by 2 (with pixel resize) for a clear look. If anyone is interested in retouching them up for better quality, feel free to ask and I'll send you them as they originally were in the scan.

oZsaU0u.png

Apologies if these did appear anywhere. I have played the game again relatively recently but may have missed it or something. xD They do not appear in the book's full-body portrait gallery, however. So this is all there is.

Yay, Sanaki.

Now I'm wondering what kind children would result from a pairing of different laguz types. Not like Raven/Heron like with Naesala but more like Beast/Bird or Bird/Dragon. Normally I'd assume that you'd have a 50/50 chance of getting one species. Not something that really gets touched on in the game even though you have branded from each of the three types.

I'm pretty curious about that too. Looks like there was potential to explore that between these two, but as Ana said, if they can't have kids I suppose that solves that issue.

Actually, it's stated that laguz of different species can't have children together. Which makes sense given that their species in real life can't breed either. Though I'm inclined to think in real life a raven and heron can't breed either, it's not that big a stretch since they're both birds.

But Rafiel and Nailah got romantic, yet they didn't even get a romantic ending together? That doesn't make sense. :/

Still, I guess this makes Geoffrey/Elincia 100% canon after all. I'm pretty sure the book will list it. Sigh...

Geoffrey and Elincia's relationship chart doesn't seem to allude to that (then again that is relationship during the game). Whenever I get to their profiles I'll let you know for sure though!

Edited by Kirokan

While researching whether Nailah and Rafiel are husband and wife, I discovered that Elena and Ashera have portraits I have not seen before on the character relationship page.

I isolated them and magnified them by 2 (with pixel resize) for a clear look. If anyone is interested in retouching them up for better quality, feel free to ask and I'll send you them as they originally were in the scan.

oZsaU0u.png

Apologies if these did appear anywhere. I have played the game again relatively recently but may have missed it or something. xD

I'm pretty curious about that too. Looks like there was potential to explore that between these two, but as Ana said, if they can't have kids I suppose that solves that issue.

Geoffrey and Elincia's relationship chart doesn't seem to allude to that (then again that is relationship during the game). Whenever I get to their profiles I'll let you know for sure though!

Ooh, I guess Elena might've been intended to appear in a flashback or two or maybe as trial map unit before the trial map idea was cut? Ashera might've been a trial map candidate as well.

I see. My theories on them are just the one thing I'd really be disappointed to have wrenches thrown into. Nailah's profile already throws a big wrench into one of my writings, though in that case I actually came up with said writing before I ever played RD or knew that wolf laguz were in it, and it's not a big deal to me anyway. I'm fine with a little AU business, I just prefer to avoid a lot of it.

Nailah definitely has her "evil eye" as a prominent ability in game. It just has a terrible hit rate but it permanently, non lethally renders a target useless. Great for sacrificing kills to weaker units.

Nailah definitely has her "evil eye" as a prominent ability in game. It just has a terrible hit rate but it permanently, non lethally renders a target useless. Great for sacrificing kills to weaker units.

Oh, that must be why I never noticed it. I pretty much never used her because exp hog and I preferred other units for the Endgame in part 4.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, that must be why I never noticed it. I pretty much never used her because exp hog and I preferred other units for the Endgame in part 4.

Yeah, I loved using it to make training dummies to level up Edward and co xD I thought Ana meant she never saw the term, though, not the actual skill itself!

I used "evil eye" as it was her epilogue title: "Mistress of the Evil Eye (邪眼の主)"

Why the heck have I not been paying attention to this thread? I was screaming for a good five minutes, unable to contain my excitement!

I love these characters so much and it's so great after all these years to find new information on them.

Thanks Kirokan. Thanks so much for this.

Why the heck have I not been paying attention to this thread? I was screaming for a good five minutes, unable to contain my excitement!

I love these characters so much and it's so great after all these years to find new information on them.

Well, glad you found it eventually : ) Welcome aboard, if you have any requests for particular characters you want to see first then please let me know!

Well, glad you found it eventually : ) Welcome aboard, if you have any requests for particular characters you want to see first then please let me know!

Goodness! Super hard to choose.

Ranulf would be great when you get the chance!

I actually completely forgot she had her evil eye ability. It was only something people would use when just taking their sweet time which was something that most chapters with her didn't allow if my memory serves correctly. It was pretty much just faster for her to smack her enemies in one round.

It doesn't get brought up in story or conversations either I believe. You'd think that would be a big deal though.

It's been a few years since I've played so I might be wrong.

When I read Mia's profile, I think this could be also the profile of an enemy.

In Ashnard army, she could be a better character I think, and then she'll join Ike's army because she's lively.

But for her colors, the orange with the blue is a great combinaison to be outstanding.

I think she have this color pallet for this reason, and only for this.

I eggree, they're all adorable. I started playing FE9/10 again.

As silly as it may sound, I've been looking for a full-res version of her OA, but with her actual hair color (most have it in indigo, for some reason). Silly detail, but it makes all the difference to me.

I have no regrets. <3 Thank you.

OhGod, her eyes.

Edited by Soul~!

Thank you very much.

I'm a bit disappointed there wasn't any new information which is typical. The extra details on her outfit are nice though.

She didn't really grow on me until RD either. That's when she gets her better look and actual characterization.

Edited by fangpoint333

Hehe, I'm kind of late to the party.

BTW, did you post the scan of the Page 41-42 character relationship diagram? I'm interested to see how it compares to the in-game one.

If you'd like, I can try and translate it as well : )