Fe4 pairings and children for a complete noob

Filbertian

First time playing Genealogy and I am clueless to pairings, completely. I'd like to know: how passing down items to children works, the best pairings for a first run ( with all possible Holy weapons ) and what is the jealousy system, try to avoid personal opinion for the parings because as I said earlier im playing this game for the first time (and I can find no end of different paring options online and honestly im a bit stuck on who to pair). A lot of questions here but i'd be happy if someone responds, thanks in advance!

First time playing Genealogy and I am clueless to pairings, completely. I'd like to know: how passing down items to children works, the best pairings for a first run ( with all possible Holy weapons ) and what is the jealousy system, try to avoid personal opinion for the parings because as I said earlier im playing this game for the first time (and I can find no end of different paring options online and honestly im a bit stuck on who to pair). A lot of questions here but i'd be happy if someone responds, thanks in advance!

Everytime someone makes a thread like this, there is a massive argument on the best pairings for a first run. It honestly matters reletively little because most of the best weapons are on fixed characters. Pretty much any combination that gives everyone pursuit and passes down holsety to a magic user will work.

HEre are my recomendations:

Aideen/Mider: The only way to get both pursuit and bow inheritance.

Aria/Lex: Aria can be paired with almost anyone and have good kids. Lex gives them good defence. THe only issue is that he con't normaly pass down swords. See below for ways around this.

Lachesis/beowolf: GIves pursuit and can pass down swords.

Silvia/Claude: Passes down blagi and fortify staffs. No point to using either kid in combat no matter what the pairing.

Levin/Fury: Pursuit/holsety. Also easy to do if you keed levin and silvia far apart.

TIltyu/Azel: Gives pursuit, good stats, and A ranks in fire and thunder.

Brigid/Holyn: Faval gets decent skill, and patty gets moonlight.

As for how inheritance works, Kids inherent every weapon that they can use in their current form, and all rings. Note that parents can only buy items taht they can use from shops, so Lex, for example, can't pass down swords unless he gets them from an enemy as an item drom. For example, shagal drops the silver blade the second time you fight him. Lex can kill shagal, get the silver blade, and pass it down to his kid. Alternatively, you can give the sword to someone else who can pass it down, then have the kid buy it off them using the pawn shop. Kids also start with a weapon. Any items that can't be passed down, and any duplicates of a kid's starting item, will reappear at some point in gen 2. Use this chart: http://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/miscellaneous/item-locations/ A few hidden items disapear forever, but they are all eather rings or weapon types that are easy to pass down. Use that chart to make sure that you don't miss any missable items in gen 1. ESPECIALY HOLSETY, WHICH CAN BE LOST FOREVER.

Fin keeps all his items in gen 2. Unless he has a kid. If you though you passed an item down, but can't see it, check in that character's storage. Items get moved there upon inheretence if a charachter's extra items overflow their inventory

Edited by sirmola