Fire Emblem Thracia 776 menu and script Project

binkers87

Hello all,

Alpha Testers join https://discord.gg/KEjUHyJ (Download discord if you don't have it)

I took it upon myself to finish this game since I couldn't even play through it without the game freezing or getting ticked off by the menus. I have completed all of the menu translations and fixed the garbled text that appears in Shayas patch. Here is what is done and what I plan on accomplishing.

Finished

Unit menu text

Config menu text

Cursor Tiles (plains, Sea, Etc.)

New Menu fonts

Data Menu (including goals)

Attack bar (crit ,attack, evade)

Unit selection menus

In Progress

Fixing Shayas script ( need pointer info starting at chapter 20)

Sound room

Item and weapon descriptions (about 70% complete)

New title screen ( I have it designed just need someone to insert it)

Not Doing

Portraits

Character names

Full class names

I am working with limited space so I won't be changing any class or character names....

Here is how you can help!!

I need your saved game files. Currently I have Chapters 1, 17, 22, and Final. I need to test each chapter with a real save file (.srm) because I want to see if the game breaks or not. Any help would be appreciated.

I also need someone to help me insert the new title screen as I don't have experience with compression.

Here are some screenshots below

Edited by binkers87

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

All the Menu's are done! Need to test play to see if I missed anything. Script is done up to Chapter 24 but I need to do some of the sub-conversations at certain events.

Also would like someone to help who has ASM knowledge to insert a VWF into the Menu so I can type out the full item names ETC

I'm running into a glitch with Ronan. When he attacks he has no weapon in his hands but makes the motion that he is using a bow. Does anyone know how to edit character animations? Does this happen on Shayas version too? Can someone verify

Did you insert something over existing data somewhere? I remember when I was making the FE5 demo I made, I wasn't careful where I inserted certain data and I ended up overwriting some code that ended up making the game softlock whenever someone healed at a fort. Try undoing any changes you've made one by one to see if that fixes it.

• 2 weeks later...

I fixed it. I overwrote something. I was able to fix a few glitches in Shayas patch where if you hover over a character the game freezes. Sorry I haven't had much time lately to work on it. Hopefully in next couple weeks. I will need some beta testers shortly. I probably will only send you an actual cartridge instead of the rom for now so someone doesn't start making repros of a game that's not finished

Great time for Fire Emblem! Genealogy and TearRing get a new and complete translation patch and now your fixing Thracias. Thanks a bunch!

Just curious and i really hope i don't sound rude, i certainly don't mean to be but why not make the beta public and get more input from more people? I've seen a few projects do the public beta and received a lot of feedback. Regardless your decision I can't wait to give this a go. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for  a few people to test play the rom!  Requirements are must you must have time to play the game obviously and send me glitches etc. that I need to fix. I have played through until chapter 10 with 0 problems with the menu's but I missed a few characters so not 100% sure. Please message me if interested