[FE7] Map Insertion Issues

SaXor the Nobody

There's probably a better, more descriptive title for this that I just don't see at the moment...

Anyway, I inserted my map into FE8 and it worked fine like so:

post-27080-0-02202300-1478577016_thumb.png

But when I insert it into FE7 (I made this version first) the tiles are all screwed up.

post-27080-0-50453900-1478577045_thumb.png

I made the appropriate changes in the Chapter Data Editor so I don't know exactly know what the issue is. Does anyone have any idea what could've gone wrong?

My Nightmare settings:

post-27080-0-35407300-1478577110_thumb.png

Edited by SaXor the Nobody

You have to make your map with FE7's tileset first before using it in FE7, try editing your map and fixing it with FE7's tileset with your map maker (if you're using mappy) or if you're not using mappy then remake it using FE7's appropriate tileset.

Edited by Sweet_Basil

You have to make your map with FE7's tileset first before using it in FE7, try editing your map and fixing it with FE7's tileset with your map maker (if you're using mappy) or if you're not using mappy then remake it using FE7's appropriate tileset.

I did. I made the map with the FE7 tileset first and saved that. When it came to FE8, I went over it with FE8's tiles and saved it to a different file so that wasn't the problem. However, your response did put me on the right track. I opened the FE8 map, changed the tileset to FE7's, and overwrote FE7's FMP and MAR files. I still don't know what exactly was wrong with the first map but it's working now. Thanks!

post-27080-0-68315100-1478613436_thumb.png

Edited by SaXor the Nobody