Cipher Series 9: June 19 - Ranulf HN

Kirie

OP updated to fix spoilers and broken images and to also add a larger version of that sexy Alm art:

TzsAB21.jpg

Due to the new spoiler system, I will likely be changing how I handled the OP spoilers from here on out. Especially since the new spoiler boxes are so big, so there will be less spoilers in the OP overall.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my goodness, oh my damn.

Oh my goodness, IT'S RED SUPPORT YES.

... what, you didn't think it'd be more Falchion support? Where else would they put another Camus clone, the three peg sisters, and another Falchion in?

6 hours ago, SpareTimeEntertainment said:

So, do we know if there has been any kind of confirmation as whether Gaiden falls under red support or not? Very excited no matter what, but my Cipher binder is an heavily regimented thing and I'm chomping at the bit to know!

Nope, there's been no word either way. We'll likely learn what Gaiden's colour will be either when we see the booster box preview cards or when they fully reveal the promo cards for the SoV special editions, whichever is released first.

5 hours ago, Kirie said:

Nope, there's been no word either way. We'll likely learn what Gaiden's colour will be either when we see the booster box preview cards or when they fully reveal the promo cards for the SoV special editions, whichever is released first.

Thank you for confirming. Very excited to see where this goes!

Minor update, but the SoV Valentia Complete promos posted to the Japanese FE Twitter confirm that Gaiden will be Red, not their own colour.

So then. I think I got it. Which characters from different games have the same color is dependent on whether the games take place in the same time period or not. The War of Shadows, the Valentian war and the War of Heroes all take place more or less one after the other and thus both the Archanean and the Valentian characters are red despite being from different continents. By the same token both of the Jugdral and Elibe sets of generations share a color because they happen sufficiently close in time to one another. Meanwhile, Ylisse might be former Archanea but it is so far into the future that it gets its own color. And the case of Nohr and Hoshido being different colors is an exception for thematic reasons.

Which means that, unless Heroes, Warriors and/or the switch game get featured (which they probably will but not right now), the only continent/time period to not yet be featured in any shape or form is Magvel. And personally, I think that Magvel is going to be orange just so that the rainbow could be (mor or less) completed.

YEAH NIGGA

POWER TO THE FALCHION FACTIOOOOOON

So in this set, it'll be Divine Weapons (Purple) and Falchion (Red) cards.

E X P A N D   M A R T H

That aside, I'm pretty sure Magvel will be a part of the Divine Weapons faction, since it's the closest thing it's got. You can't make a single faction out of Magvel, methinks.

Edited by ScarletFlame

56 minutes ago, ScarletFlame said:

That aside, I'm pretty sure Magvel will be a part of the Divine Weapons faction, since it's the closest thing it's got. You can't make a single faction out of Magvel, methinks.

I would agree on that - and then it kind of makes the colors match era.

Red - Famicom
Yellow - Super Famicom
Purple - GBA
Green - GC/Wii
Blue - 3DS cash cow
Black/White - 3DS again

It'll be interesting to see, but SS does have one of the smaller casts, and if they didn't do it with Gaiden I can't imagine they would with Magvel. Althouuughhhh you can justify Gaiden as red due to time period, and Magvel really is its own thing.

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, ScarletFlame said:

YEAH NIGGA

POWER TO THE FALCHION FACTIOOOOOON

So in this set, it'll be Divine Weapons (Purple) and Falchion (Red) cards.

Don't forget we're getting Green Laguz, too. :p

3 hours ago, Kirie said:

Don't forget we're getting Green Laguz, too. :p

I WISH TO FORGET THIS, AND DROWN MY SORROWS IN JOY.

#killallsubhumans #killRanulf

Edited by ScarletFlame

6 hours ago, Hardin said:

Coloured Roy and Al card art from Cipher Fest.

C5kPS9GUYAADAMS.jpg

Ahhh, that Roy <3

While I am a fan of Roy's new design, I will always forever, appreciate, and love his classic design the most <33

I also adore lord cards with supportimg casts in the background - I wonder if this will be his R card? Or maybe Roy gets even more :3

Skrimir is also top notch fantastic!

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

Yeah, I was just trying to figure it out myself.

「響地轟轟(きょうちごうごう)」 it seems like, if anyone feels like tackling. :p

27 minutes ago, Kirie said:

As Yaen posted in the S8 thread, we've got some new art for Alm that I've added to the OP!

TCQ4LRy.jpg

Whoah - I love how this card is in the same style as the ingame art - a testament to how truly magnificent it really is!

I'm guessing that this will be Alm's cost 1

And HECK YEAH starter deck! Gaiden loooooove <33

Hmm, just when I thought S4 had the hardest name to properly get across in English.

響地 as far as I know means making a sound.

轟轟 is an onomatopoeia, which is supposed to be a thunderous or rumbling sound.

So it's literally "sounding thunderous".

Maybe something like "Roaring Echoes" instead?

In any case, I think it would be easy to make the English title allude to Echoes and the Tellius Laguz, but no idea about Hasha.