Cipher Series 9: June 19 - Ranulf HN

Kirie

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new frontier article has been released!

It includes some new stuff immediately visible, such as...

Pack Art & ST Deck:

kZdGm6T.png

Promo Sleeve Designs (Gaiden & SoV):

6L7DdxR.png

New artwork for Silque, Elphin, and Tibarn:

c9Tdf2s.png

Google translation of the article also seems to imply that there  will be a new summer event, similar to the Caravan events of last year, but I'd like a proper translation before saying too much about it.

Wowie, the more and more I see if this set, the more I think I should get 4 boxes myself.... they just keep outdoing themselves! An Elphin card that I'm actually excited for? Bring on the lalum!

Silque is amazing, what with Alm's arm helping her up, and Tibarn is really fun. Bring on set 9!!!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kirie said:

Hurray, daily reveals officially begin today with the ST Exclusive versions of Alm and Celica!

rGnyYCG.png

Ahhhh Hidari, your art is so beautiful <33333

I wonder what the other starter exclusive cards will by? Money is on at least Mycen.

Gaiden has a small cast, but with the potential of 3 cards due to how tiers work, who do you think will make it in to this set and who will be left out? We know some will only get one card, but others are bound to get left out, unfortunately. I blame the two slots on the randos, grrrr

Hoping that Sonya/Deen don't get the shaft. Give it to Clive

Well, let's take a look at the data and see what we can extrapolate. These are the total number of unique characters for each block for all previous sets:

S8 - 29 (Awakening), 25 (Genealogy: Gen 2)
S7 - 28 (Blazing Blade) , 27 (Fates: Hoshido)
S6 - 25 (Genealogy: Gen 1), 27 (Fates: Nohr)
S5 - 25 (Binding Blade), 27 (Radiant Dawn)
S4 - 30 (TMS#FE*/MotE), 28 (TMS#FE*/Awakening)
S3 - 29/30** (Path of Radiance), 16 (Fates: Hoshido), 17 (Fates: Nohr)
S2 - 24 (Fates: Hoshido), 24 (Fates: Nohr)
S1 - 29 (Dark Dragon), 27 (Awakening)

(* 15 Unique Characters if you count just the TMS#FE characters/mirages together, regardless of colour)
(** The 30th card is Priam as a Blue card, depending on if you want to count him as part of this block or not.)

So, we're looking at 24~30 characters per set. The higher numbers seem to primarily go to those games with lots of characters (PoR, Archanea games) with a lot more characters getting only one card and smaller amounts of characters getting 3 cards. Older games with smaller casts seem to focus on fewer characters, and giving some non-Lord characters 3 card slots as well.

It's a nice round number, so I'm going to guess 25 characters for Shadows of Valentia. The SF SoV page lists 17 playable characters for each of Alm's and Celica's routes for 34 playable characters total, plus 2 unique SoV NPC characters with Berkut and Rinea, so we already know some people are going to get cut, it's just a matter of who.

I'm not really sure who I think will get cut, though. Mycen will probably be an ST exclusive, so I guess we could probably rule him out of getting a B09 card. I could see a lot of the other late-game prepromos sitting out, too.

Mostly I really, really hope Mathilda makes it in. :<

20 minutes ago, Kirie said:

So, we're looking at 24~30 characters per set. The higher numbers seem to primarily go to those games with lots of characters (PoR, Archanea games) with a lot more characters getting only one card and smaller amounts of characters getting 3 cards. Older games with smaller casts seem to focus on fewer characters, and giving some non-Lord characters 3 card slots as well.

It's a nice round number, so I'm going to guess 25 characters for Shadows of Valentia. The SF SoV page lists 17 playable characters for each of Alm's and Celica's routes for 34 playable characters total, plus 2 unique SoV NPC characters with Berkut and Rinea, so we already know some people are going to get cut, it's just a matter of who.

I'm not really sure who I think will get cut, though. Mycen will probably be an ST exclusive, so I guess we could probably rule him out of getting a B09 card. I could see a lot of the other late-game prepromos sitting out, too.

Mostly I really, really hope Mathilda makes it in. :<

That's actually a really good interpretation, and puts numbers to my fears.

I'm thinking Berkut and Conrad are definitely going to be featured; early villagers and Celica's buds are a lock from what we've seen. Earlier in the game you join, the safer you are, and that's been true for pretty much all the sets. Starting casts are used most often, so that just makes sense.

I actually think Deen/Sonya are safe due to their choice being a pretty significant memory of the game for most people. I love Luthier, but I feel like he's going to get cut for his sister as she seems to be wildly more popular than he is (unfortunately).

Nomah is likely a tournament promo, if we use Athos as a precedent. Zeke is up in the air as well, but he might be safe since he would likely only get one (SR) card due to being a 3T gold knight. Other than that, it'll be really interesting to see! This is definitely a set where I hope there isn't a villain, other than dragon Duma.

*EDIT* I should also say (or at least I hope) that the peg sisters are cut for this set, simply because they have at least 3 cards for each of them already in past sets. That should free up some room.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

12 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

*EDIT* I should also say (or at least I hope) that the peg sisters are cut for this set, simply because they have at least 3 cards for each of them already in past sets. That should free up some room.

Maybe this is exactly what they will do and the reason why they went with Pegasus Knight Faye. They could just compensate it later with PR card for one of sisters.

Characters I expect to be completely excluded (regular, ST and promos) are Deen, Atlas, Forsyth (they really ignored him during promotion), Luthier and probably Jesse even though he is somewhat important to Valentian lore. Basically, I doubt they will use more than 3 characters for one class with exception for Cavalier line. Too many important cavs. 

4 hours ago, Cat Villager said:

Characters I expect to be completely excluded (regular, ST and promos) are Deen, Atlas, Forsyth (they really ignored him during promotion), Luthier and probably Jesse 

Shut your mouth and stop listing my favorites like that lol

I think if Deen or Sonya make it, the other one does as well.

3 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Gooood, cost 1 means Roy gets another card yet <3

We already knew Roy was getting an R because of his R+X, though I still think those are the only two he'll get this set. The R+X was #54.

Today's reveal is an R card for Jemmie from Hasha, using her previously revealed artwork.

EDIT: Apparently one of her effects references cards for Zeed (her brother), so I guess he's confirmed for the set.

cxaTy0J.png

Edited by Kirie

36 minutes ago, TheVinceKnight said:

I suppose this was inevitable. Especially since he was on the booster pack.

Yeah, I figured he was an SR shoe-in as soon as I saw him on the pack. Not sure about the other green ones, though.

11 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Willing to bet that Ike art we saw is another one of them.

I was thinking about that, and I'm not sure. While I love Ike and would gladly welcome more Ike SRs, I'm not sure if we're really going to get yet another Ike SR, which would mean he's gotten one each time that we've had a green set. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!