Persona 3 PSP

PuffPuff

Anyone heard of this version...?

It's better than the other two. Female Protaganist=w1n.

uiiFah.jpg
Ba85qW.jpg
5Nco2F.jpg
XGhiXh.jpg
WUiZ4e.jpg
fsOcR4.jpg
CikEQ3.jpg
NSydgi.jpg
emwcya.jpg
kNFA3J.jpg
Dr1jsi.jpg
O0KwhJ.jpg
HiwbDi.jpg
wgRxhL.jpg
JhpfMg.jpg
kTEVjL.jpg
rkcdHg.jpg
Very start of the game!
P91r69.jpg
7vGM63.jpg
uzYWGZ.jpg
RN9BFi.jpg
6hLe30.jpg
d08XYM.jpg
One to use for a challenging run. Plus they have cards anyway to make them useable throughout the first run of the game!
This...
-Garudyne
-Maratakukaja
-Maratarunda
-Marasukanda
-Bufudyne
-Agidyne
-Hama Boost
-Mahama
ja8phG.jpg
Have to get it's 4 set of heart items first before overwriting the heart item record.
This...
-Bufudyne/Nifilheim
-Tendrafoo
-Ice Boost
-Ice Amp
-Marakunda
-Unshaken Will(There is a card for it! ;)
-Diarahan
-Gigantic Fist
7qOpdE.jpg
Yes. Just need to hope to get some better Mudo cards soon.
This...
-Marin Karin/Sexy Dance
-Charm Boost
-Mamudo
-Ziodyne
-Provoke
-Rage Boost
-Marakukaja
-Maragidyne
G2BsxS.jpg
Normally unuseable.
HKybuK.jpg
Got Sharp Student, Dodge Elec and Rebellion through the card fusion. Later on going to get it Megadolean, Agidyne, Garudyne and Victory Cry. So this...
-Megidolean
-Sharp Student
-Dodge Elec
-Null Dark/Resist Dark
-Rebellion
-Agidyne
-Garudyne/Victory Cry
-Auto-Tarukaja

Examples...but might get a Ragnarok Orpheus soon. There are no cards for these ultimate moves, but couldn't wait any longer as I want to use them really badly. Anyone that got teams can show them off with some pictures if they so desire.
Edited by PuffPuff

Persona 3 Portable was my first exposure to SMT and Persona, I emulated it a few years back, and I really enjoyed it. I never finished it but I do own a copy for my Vita and set on finishing it, nearly at the second full moon boss.

Yeah, the female path is a lot better imo. I like being able to S-Link all my teammates and I really like the more bubbly music.

Edited by CooledEvergreen

I like both male and female. The female is funnier and more sociable, but the male is a lot less crazy in his responses. I like that the game actually has enough differences between male and female to make both worth playing. I was actually impressed. Of course, I'd be lying if I didn't say I prefer the PS2 version most.

I like both male and female. The female is funnier and more sociable, but the male is a lot less crazy in his responses. I like that the game actually has enough differences between male and female to make both worth playing. I was actually impressed. Of course, I'd be lying if I didn't say I prefer the PS2 version most.

The biggest difference between the two protagonists is the female version being able to Social Link all the party members. The fact that the male protagonist couldn't Social Link the male party members in a character-driven story is a baffling design decision I'll never understand. We got fucking Kenji instead.

I mean, sure, the male one had a far superior Hermit Social Link, but honestly, the utter lack of attention Shinjiro, Akihiko and Ken got, not to mention how much better Junpei gets in the female version, just makes it superior, in my opinion. Junpei still looks like a 30-year-old truck driver though.

She also has different choice options at some of the points in the game as well. Granted most of those are because they are different scenes, but the point still stands. As for why they allowed you to support other people outside of the party? I think they were of the opinion that the "fool" was enough, but still wanted to give the player the option to actually *date* the other party members (I know it sounds eye rolling now, but I think that's where they were going with it).

I like Junpei in both versions to be honest, and I like that the dynamic changes based on your sex.

Female route really should have been canon, in my opinion, due to the fact that she can support all of SEES - which allows them to come together and actually feel like a team when the third person character development scenes are taken into account. I really can't even play as the male protagonist anymore due to how . . . detached he feels from everything, which is a part of his character - but I don't necessarily view it as a good thing, especially when the ending is taken into account.

That said, P3P is a really fun time as they added in the combat mechanics from P4 that made battle much easier. Plus, "Wiping All Out" is the superior battle theme in, like, all the games.

Honestly, while I like male protag, most of his S. Links are garbage, and most of the ones that aren't he shares with female protag, so I tend to play as the female protagonist more. That, and female protag's side has more features, it feels like. Plus male protag doesn't have access to Theodore.

I mean, sure, the male one had a far superior Hermit Social Link,

The only good thing about male protag's Hermit S. Link was the Innocent Sin references, in my opinion.

Female route really should have been canon, in my opinion, due to the fact that she can support all of SEES - which allows them to come together and actually feel like a team when the third person character development scenes are taken into account.

SEES are supposed to be a team, but they're not really supposed to be friends, unlike the Investigation Team. Plus, just because they're close to female protag doesn't mean they're closer to each other, which kind of kills the idea that they would work better as a team in female protag's route for me (which is a similar problem I have with the IT, but that's for another thread).

Plus, P4 made male protag canon before P3P even came out.

Edited by AzureSen

SEES are supposed to be a team, but they're not really supposed to be friends, unlike the Investigation Team. Plus, just because they're close to female protag doesn't mean they're closer to each other, which kind of kills the idea that they would work better as a team in female protag's route for me (which is a similar problem I have with the IT, but that's for another thread).

Plus, P4 made male protag canon before P3P even came out.

Hey, that's just me.

I just honestly and personally thought the character development and team dynamics worked much better in P3P with the female protagonist. But that might be because I'm including their overall development during The Answer. For as much as I dislike it, The Answer did pretty well in displaying how the protagonist was the glue that kept the team together and them being gone served as a catalyst to bringing SEES together as genuine friends, not just coworkers. I just felt the members having individual personal connections with the female protagonist would only likely magnify how broken they were without her, but nothing more than that, to be honest.

But we'll never know. Because she won't ever appear again. -_-

. . . And, yes, I know the male has always been canon. It will never change, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Edited by saisymbolic

Hey, that's just me.

I just honestly and personally thought the character development and team dynamics worked much better in P3P with the female protagonist. But that might be because I'm including their overall development during The Answer. For as much as I dislike it, The Answer did pretty well in displaying how the protagonist was the glue that kept the team together and them being gone served as a catalyst to bringing SEES together as genuine friends, not just coworkers. I just felt the members having individual personal connections with the female protagonist would only likely magnify how broken they were without her, but nothing more than that, to be honest.

But we'll never know. Because she won't ever appear again. -_-

. . . And, yes, I know the male has always been canon. It will never change, but that doesn't meant I have to like it.

She could appear in crossovers. She's pretty popular.

I like P3P. A lot. I've beaten it five times, four of those times with feMC. It really is the better route as far as character development goes: it's really hard to like Ken and Junpei on Minato's route, and there is no reason to have much emotion at THAT moment unless you're doing the female route. That being said, I still love Minato to bits and feel for the poor guy.

The biggest tragedy of P3P is no The Answer with a feMC. I'd like to see who, if anyone, would have the emotional response Yukari had. Or would they just have kept it the same?

It's the only version of P3 that I've played and I've finished it around four times and I love it, one of my favourite games overall. Never played the male route, I was already attached to the female and I prefer to feel close to the people that I'm supposed to save the world with.

I still have to finish it at some point. Even if the Female option was the best thing to happens to the serie (and why it wasn't added anymore for P4G, or P5 baffles me.)

Also, Danger Zone and Sun.

That is enough to makes the Female option superior.

best version of the game, though the lack of cutscenes is a bit annoying. i wish there was a way to at least know easily when to play the cutscenes on like youtube in conjunction with the game's timing.

femc is fun, though i find her 100% interchangeable with her male counterpart outside of like the superficial.

afDscM.jpg

Hee hee...

Dragonball's Beezu made me want to use him.

Giving him this...

-Makarakarn/Elec Boost

-Mind Charge

-Elec Amp

-Victory Cry

-Mamudoon

-Samsara(Best light attack in the game!)

-Thunder Reign(Best Lightning attack in the game!) (Yes. I've maxed out Emperor arcana early.)

-Spell Master

TPlNPe.jpg

-Sexy Dance

-Mamudoon

-Maziodyne

-Marakunda

-Infuriate/Provoke

-Maratarunda

-Rage Boost

-Mudo Boost

Growth 2 really helps. She's now one of my most powerful personas.

PktKG5.jpg

Gave him Revolution which is the upgraded version of Rebellion. But this...

-Rage Boost

-Sharp Student

-Evade Elec

-Revolution

-Primal Force

-Auto-Tarukaja

-Megidolan

-Infuriate(Learned through a mutation!)

Infuriate is good as it baddens their defenses significantly for the better power and speed. They usually get killed in one hit after they are raged.

KPgAat.jpg

Soon...very soon. Just using her to get the Mudo Boost card. Next run because...

-Victory Cry

-Morning Star

-Die For Me!

-Enduring Soul

-Unshaken Will

-Null Light

-Sharp Student

-High Counter

bfON4B.jpg

Fools are my favorite arcana. Mr.Catman with the crimson cape. He leaps tall buildings in a single bound. Ha ha ha...

-Primal Force/Vorpal Blade

-Sharp Student

-Power Charge

-Pulinpa/Tendrafoo

-Matarukaja(His war shout to raise the enitre party's attack for three turns!)

-Evade Elec

-Null Light

-Akasha Arts

QmP592.jpg

Soon going to get this...

-Magarudyne

-Mabufudyne

-Mariagidyne

-Mahameon

-Hama Boost

-Samecarm

-Salvation(There is a card for this!) ;)

-Mind Charge

CenfB8.jpg

-Mabufudyne

-Pulinpa

-Ice Boost

-Ice Amp

-Spirit Drain

-Life Drain

-Diarahan

-Gigantic Fist/Primal Force

Jumpei's arcana is life! <3

Edited by PuffPuff